2017 DT commit Jordan Scott

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
There's some info floating around that he's put on ALOT of bad weight since he committed and unless he get's it off before Feb,he's out! Also....we're only taking 3 DT'S (in this class) no matter what. Looks like we'll take the best 3 we can get and then wrap it up at that position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we do need the room for another 6 DBs.

Good to know we have given up on recruiting more DTs. It makes plenty of sense since we didnt take any DTs the last two years.

Really, Id expect nothing less from this staff.

These next fews games should really highlight how smart it is to have no big azzes for the middle.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There's some info floating around that he's put on ALOT of bad weight since he committed and unless he get's it off before Feb,he's out! Also....we're only taking 3 DT'S (in this class) no matter what. Looks like we'll take the best 3 we can get and then wrap it up at that position.
We really need to take 5.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Well, we do need the room for another 6 DBs.

Good to know we have given up on recruiting more DTs. It makes plenty of sense since we didnt take any DTs the last two years.

Really, Id expect nothing less from this staff.

These next fews games should really highlight how smart it is to have no big azzes for the middle.

We can pack the weight on the DBs to get them to 250 lbs. They'd fit right in at DT here.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I wonder if the rest of the schedule will change the staffs minds on this issue.....We could get gutted like a pig in 4 of the next 5 games.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've looked over the roster 4-5 times. Unless I'm missing something, we'll only have 3 DTs next year, 2 if Brantley leaves which is possible. Well, we are doing away with the linebacker position. Why don't we do away with the DT position too? We'll just play 11 DBs. Mac is a trendsetter. Other coaches will be doing it too.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also....we're only taking 3 DT'S (in this class) no matter what. Looks like we'll take the best 3 we can get and then wrap it up at that position.

I really don't understand this... I was figuring we'd take 4. Was hoping for 5 but figured they'd end up with 4.

Only 3????? :sadnanner:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can pack the weight on the DBs to get them to 250 lbs. They'd fit right in at DT here.
Thats a good point. Twenty more pounds and we can move Kylan Johnson to DT. Maybe move Dacid Reese and Rayshad Jackson too. Those guys are nearly DTs already. Lerhaps Joseph Putu, he looks like he can put on weight. We will be fine. You people underestimate or excellent strength program.

We will show Bama, with their 10-12 three hundred pound DL how to really dominate the line and win championships. They will all be following our DBU plan soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the rest of the schedule will change the staffs minds on this issue.....We could get gutted like a pig in 4 of the next 5 games.
Yeah, I hate to admit it but you are right. Our DL has struggled against sone pretty bad OLs and RBs already. We are about to face some good OLs and it isnt going to be pretty when they kick us in the teeth and run up the middle.

Most of these guys have been coaching for decades. If they havent learned by nkw, what difference is three or four games going to make. I guess playing 240 pound guys at DT is good enough in the MWC and Sunbelt.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Well, we are doing away with the linebacker position.
We haven't done away with the LB position, they're recruiting the position HARD. However...we can't land anything but scraps! In this day and age of recruiting the "elite kids" are looking for "other perks" plus the scholarship. If you're not giving you are not getting...PERIOD! That's especially the case for these positions...OL/WR/DL/LB. Smh...just the way it is!

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Let's just put everyone on the Will Grier strength training regime and take our chances with the NCAA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna, thats a cop out. Losers always claim the winners are paying their players.

Its what ND and Michigan used to say before they got better coaches and we hired losers.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Let's just put everyone on the Will Grier strength training regime and take our chances with the NCAA.
Screw that...find a doctor (from Alabama) with questionable morals and hire him off the books. Get him to use his Alabama license to purchase large quantities of HGH/masking agent (which he can do because it's legal there) then give him whatever amount needed to keep the politicians happy/off his practice. Then hook the players up....GAME ON! ;)

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Screw that...find a doctor (from Alabama) with questionable morals and hire him off the books. Get him to use his Alabama license to purchase large quantities of HGH/masking agent (which he can do because it's legal there) then give him whatever amount needed to keep the politicians happy/off his practice. Then hook the players up....GAME ON! ;)

Are you suggesting that a moral well-respected coach like Saban has his team on HGH? Hmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.