2018 Recruits Updated

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Started off as a OSU hard commit
We really dont NEED this kid but I so want to stick to Leyer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know we got a transfer which is a good start, but I just checked FSU's DT recruits and they have a guy committed this year that's 377lbs and next year that's 340.

We dont seem interested in DTs. We will see how that works for them this year. I expect to hear the injury excuse and "they had to play freshmen" loud and often.

340 might be ok but 377 sounds like way too much fat to be ready to play soon IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is it mostly it all comes down to Corral...if he sticks i think almost everyone will as well..
Driskel stuck when Leyer left, Grier was going to stick anyway, Eason stuck when Richt fired. The QBs and classes usually stick even when the coach gets himself fired.

Keeping a bad coach too many years is how we got into this mess and ahouldnt be repeated.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
We dont seem interested in DTs. We will see how that works for them this year. I expect to hear the injury excuse and "they had to play freshmen" loud and often.

340 might be ok but 377 sounds like way too much fat to be ready to play soon IMO.

We aren't interested in DTs cause we won't need them in our new 2-2-7 defense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We really dont NEED this kid but I so want to stick to Leyer.

I agree, I hate seeing Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, and Swinney recruit in our state. But honestly, at 6'2 220lbs, I'm not overly excited about this kid as a DE. He's a high 4-star, so I'm sure he's a stud. Hopefully he adds some weight. CeCe Jefferson seems to play well at his smaller size, hopefully this kid translates well at the SEC level. Seems like he's ours for the taking.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, I hate seeing Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, and Swinney recruit in our state. But honestly, at 6'2 220lbs, I'm not overly excited about this kid as a DE. He's a high 4-star, so I'm sure he's a stud. Hopefully he adds some weight. CeCe Jefferson seems to play well at his smaller size, hopefully this kid translates well at the SEC level. Seems like he's ours for the taking.
I always see him listed as a hybrid LB/DE. Are we sure they don't have plans to use him more as a LB?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always see him listed as a hybrid LB/DE. Are we sure they don't have plans to use him more as a LB?
With Conliffe listed at DE, I'm wondering if we still aren't going to run the buck position.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Then we'll hear how hard mac tried to get defensive tackles but muschamp left such a bad situation here, no DT's wanted to sign.

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Then we'll hear how hard mac tried to get defensive tackles but muschamp left such a bad situation here, ni DT's wanted to sign.
Why do people have to be such d!cks about this stuff. If you hear it, a statement like this would be so easy to refute. If 3 or 4 years in to a coaches tenure, he is responsible for his roster. Everyone sees that. You don't have to act like a catty 13 year old girl.

:catfight:

:rolleyes4:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why do people have to be such d!cks about this stuff. If you hear it, a statement like this would be so easy to refute. If 3 or 4 years in to a coaches tenure, he is responsible for his roster. Everyone sees that. You don't have to act like a catty 13 year old girl.

:catfight:

:rolleyes4:
Please don't pretend like some of you guys won't be pulling out every excuse you can possibly think of for mac. I heard it all of the muschamp years and the 2 years so far with mac.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Point taken on this and we all get it w/ Law. But my biggest concern w/ this offensive class we're building is the results of the upcoming season. If we sh*t the bed on the field offensively, what happens w/ this class? Does it stick together or do they bail out? Point being, let's not count our chickens just yet. I want to see the product on the field this season.
said the same thing, some got mad.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then we'll hear how hard mac tried to get defensive tackles but muschamp left such a bad situation here, ni DT's wanted to sign.
He tried hard but one was crippled and the other was retarded. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Possibly your best post ever.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Why? All you have to do is hang out here to get your daily updates that our recruiting sucks.
Haha...yeah, but I've been meaning to sign up for a long time...maybe I can help build the message board some more

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator