Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not to my knowledge...We've averaged like 10 passing TD's a yr!
So?

muschampuga.jpg

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I'll take one for the proverbial team here and just say, Hey Feleipe! It's awesome that you're trying to get better! Thanks for the effort and best of luck!

Now I'll just... :backout:

:lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, if there's a prevailing 'crowdea' that you're not practicing hard, then you'd better produce well if you're depended on.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mullen said clearly after the O&B game that whoever works the hardest this offseason will more than likely be the guy. Emory & Trask have hired personal QB coaches and have been busting their ass all offseason. Franks on the other hand hasn't done sh*t but hit the clubs with his ole lady and is currently in Cali with her on vacation. Dude thinks that hes an NFL QB who doesn't have to work...hes that damn arrogant! Personally I hope he never starts another game at UF!!!!

In California, yes. On vacation? Not entirely.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...Steve-Clarksons-Quarterback-Retreat-118569802

I don’t care so much that he threw the farthest, but the fact that he went across the country to get elite coaching in a high-level camp is a good thing.

leogator

May 5, 2018
247 says that if we get commits from WR Pittman, DE Summerall, and TE Billingsly, all 4 stars, we rise to 12th in their rankings.

They are also calling J. Jones a 4 star QB at this point.

In other good news: 247 reports that Trey Sanders decided not to visit Slick Willie this weekend.

Bad news: Bama and UGA are pushing hard for his services.
Have to be able to recruit against UGA. They just got Najee Harris. Sanders isn't better than him and isn't playing over him.

Najee Harris plays for Alabama. Do you mean D'Andre Swift or Zamir White?

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Najee Harris plays for Alabama. Do you mean D'Andre Swift or Zamir White?

Dammit my bad I meant Zamir White. Swift is great too but he will be a junior when Sanders is a freshman. Trey Sanders isn't better than Zamir White. Going to UGA to ride pine for at least 2 years doesn't seem smart.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Dammit my bad I meant Zamir White. Swift is great too but he will be a junior when Sanders is a freshman. Trey Sanders isn't better than Zamir White. Going to UGA to ride pine for at least 2 years doesn't seem smart.

Zamir White is recovering from ACL surgery. There's a fair chance he's not going to be the same runner.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF targets attending The Opening Finals

https://247sports.com/college/flori...argets-attending-The-Opening-Finals-118587350

The Opening Finals features over 160 of the nation’s best high school football recruits. Over the years, the event has earned the reputation as being the best stop of the summer as top prospects from coast to coast do battle for three days of head to head competition. The player rankings also often see a major shake-up after getting to see those top recruits workout side by side.

The competition features combine testing, position drills, one-on-ones for both skill players and linemen, as well as a seven-on-seven tournament. The linemen pad up for their battles in the trenches, while the elite crop of receivers test their talents against the best defensive backs during one-on-one and seven-on-seven portions of the week. Overall, if a player stands out during this week, there is a good chance he will be considered the best of the best.

This year, the elite camp will move from NIKE World Headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. to The Star in Frisco, Texas, which happens to be headquarters for the Dallas Cowboys. The event will be held June 30 through July 3, and 247Sports will bring blowout coverage of the even each and every day.

The camp will feature several top recruiting targets of the Florida Gators. Below is a list of those prospects the Gators are pursuing in the elite camp:

Thousand Oaks (Calif.) Oaks Christian 5-star WDE Kayvon Thibodeaux

Amite (La.) 5-star DT Ishmael Sopsher

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy 5-star RB Trey Sanders

Baton Rouge (La.) Dunham School 5-star CB Derek Stingley

Horn Lake (Miss.) 5-star LB Nakobe Dean

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco 4-star CB Chris Steele

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy 4-star OL Evan Neal

Seminary (Miss.) 4-star SDE Nathan Pickering

Calabasas (Calif.) 4-star WR Mycah Pittman

Forest (Miss.) 4-star ATH Diwun Black (Ole Miss commit)

Miami (Fla.) Southridge 4-star CB Tyrique Stevenson

Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) The Benjamin School 4-star CB Kaiir Elam

Wellington (Fla.) 4-star ATH Mark-Antony Richards

Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna 4-star WR John Dunmore

Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha Catholic 4-star S Nick Cross

West Lafayette (Ind.) 4-star SDE George Karlaftis (Purdue commit)

Lakeland (Fla.) 4-star TE Keon Zipperer

Auburn (Ala.) 4-star OLB Mohamoud Diabate

St. Louis (Mo.) Trinity Catholic 4-star ILB Shammond Cooper

Lehigh Acres (Fla.) Lehigh 4-star SDE Quashon Fuller (Florida State commit)

Houston (Texas) Madison 4-star CB Bobby Wolfe

Brunswick (Ga.) 4-star OT Warren McClendon

Chicago (Ill.) Phillips Academy 4-star TE Jahleel Billingsley

New Orleans (La.) Warren Easton 4-star CB Chester Kimbrough

Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett 4-star CB DJ Turner II

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What happened with sorrels? Are we not recruiting him any more?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What happened with sorrels? Are we not recruiting him any more?

I'm sure we're still contacting him, but he seems headed to Oregon. Why? Who the hell knows. Our DL recruiting needs to pick up bigtime. If we don't get Hunter, it looks like our entire DL haul will be 3-star players.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I'm sure we're still contacting him, but he seems headed to Oregon. Why? Who the hell knows. Our DL recruiting needs to pick up bigtime. If we don't get Hunter, it looks like our entire DL haul will be 3-star players.

Seems like we’re doing fair with Pickering. He’s rated a four star we could very well get.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I really don’t mind 3*s on the lines, as long as they aren’t forced into early playing time. Most linemen will need time to gain weight and/or add strength. The place we need the blue-chippers is in both backfields.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a few 5* linemen, but I’m more concerned with LBs, DBs, QBs, WRs and RBs being amongst the “elite”.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Seems like we’re doing fair with Pickering. He’s rated a four star we could very well get.

I don't think we land Pickering, but it would be a huge, huge, huge get for Mullen. We can dream....can't we?

I really don’t mind 3*s on the lines, as long as they aren’t forced into early playing time. Most linemen will need time to gain weight and/or add strength. The place we need the blue-chippers is in both backfields.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a few 5* linemen, but I’m more concerned with LBs, DBs, QBs, WRs and RBs being amongst the “elite”.

I hear you. But I'm tired of this mantra. How about we get more 4-stars at ALL positions vs. 3's?

We have also fallen behind on Emery Jones cousin, Keiondre Jones (4-star OL from Georgia). He visited Clemson and seems to be favoring them also. I'm hoping it's the 'flavor of the day' syndrome (liking the most recent school he visited). He's been a UF lean for a while. We can't let him slip. He's likely our only 4-star OL in this class (if we get him). Again, ridiculous.

On the DL, we have a shot at Alabama 3-star DT Patrick Lucas (mainly because Alabama doesn't want him.....and Auburn may get the kids higher on their board).

UGA is in on about 8 really good DT's. They can't get them all. We need to hope we get some scraps.

We could get one of the 4-star IMG OL's. If we can get Sanders it would help. Hammond is the one we have the best shot at.

Summerall is a possibility at DE and so is Hunter (who likely grows into a DT).

Our best shot at Florida 4-star kids are: Elam, Sanders, Zipperer, Hunter, Summerall, Hammond, and J. Davis (from STA). I'm guessing we get 4 of them, w/ OL Wardrick Wilson already committed, that would be 5 of the top 50 Florida kids (some of which are IMG kids).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don't think we land Pickering, but it would be a huge, huge, huge get for Mullen. We can dream....can't we?

I hear you. But I'm tired of this mantra. How about we get more 4-stars at ALL positions vs. 3's?

We have also fallen behind on Emery Jones cousin, Keiondre Jones (4-star OL from Georgia). He visited Clemson and seems to be favoring them also. I'm hoping it's the 'flavor of the day' syndrome (liking the most recent school he visited). He's been a UF lean for a while. We can't let him slip. He's likely our only 4-star OL in this class (if we get him). Again, ridiculous.

On the DL, we have a shot at Alabama 3-star DT Patrick Lucas (mainly because Alabama doesn't want him.....and Auburn may get the kids higher on their board).

UGA is in on about 8 really good DT's. They can't get them all. We need to hope we get some scraps.

We could get one of the 4-star IMG OL's. If we can get Sanders it would help. Hammond is the one we have the best shot at.

Summerall is a possibility at DE and so is Hunter (who likely grows into a DT).

Our best shot at Florida 4-star kids are: Elam, Sanders, Zipperer, Hunter, Summerall, Hammond, and J. Davis (from STA). I'm guessing we get 4 of them, w/ OL Wardrick Wilson already committed, that would be 5 of the top 50 Florida kids (some of which are IMG kids).
We need 4/5 stars all across the line. Couple of late 3s with potential... fine. But you win in the trenches and that’s where we need the highest talent consistently - it’s what sets the SEC apart. Could accept 3 stars at TE and LB, maybe guard but really need to get after 4+ everywhere else.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
:doh:

Just hoping for some scraps.

Sadly it's true. Honestly, Hunter may be one of their scraps. They're in on about 8 really good DE's too.

---

UF offered WR Rashean Lynn (6-5, 184, Cocoa, FL. High). He's visiting on June 2nd.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We need 4/5 stars all across the line. Couple of late 3s with potential... fine. But you win in the trenches and that’s where we need the highest talent consistently - it’s what sets the SEC apart. Could accept 3 stars at TE and LB, maybe guard but really need to get after 4+ everywhere else.

Agree. 3-5 3* guys are ok. I’m not too worried about 5* vs. 4*, but the roster needs to be loaded with them because 50-60% won’t be starters or stars. It takes 70 of them plus a few 3* finds to get a solid 2-deep, allowing for attrition of various types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator