Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agree. 3-5 3* guys are ok. I’m not too worried about 5* vs. 4*, but the roster needs to be loaded with them because 50-60% won’t be starters or stars. It takes 70 of them plus a few 3* finds to get a solid 2-deep, allowing for attrition of various types.

Honestly, 70 out of 85 is unrealistic (that's an Alabama, UGA, or Ohio State roster). We need to have 65% or so of our roster to be blue-chip. The "roster talent" research will come out after the summer enrollees show up in July (at most schools). I'll be curious to see where we stand (vs. our competition). We were around 15th last year, similar talent to UT.....but we had 6 or so rivals ahead of us on that list (UGA, FSU, LSU, plus the usual suspects: Ohio State, Alabama). We need to get into the top 10 in 'roster talent'.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Honestly, 70 out of 85 is unrealistic (that's an Alabama, UGA, or Ohio State roster). We need to have 65% or so of our roster to be blue-chip. The "roster talent" research will come out after the summer enrollees show up in July (at most schools). I'll be curious to see where we stand (vs. our competition). We were around 15th last year, similar talent to UT.....but we had 6 or so rivals ahead of us on that list (UGA, FSU, LSU, plus the usual suspects: Ohio State, Alabama). We need to get into the top 10 in 'roster talent'.
I love how we have anointed UGA as our lords and given them dominion over the SEC East. One year of solid play and we are done in the east???

FCUK UGA

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I love how we have anointed UGA as our lords and given them dominion over the SEC East. One year of solid play and we are done in the east???

FCUK UGA

Who is 'we'? Do you follow recruiting at all? If you pull your head out of the sand you'll see that it's just a fact. Take a look at Rivals, ESPN, and 247 and you'll see where the top players are leaning.....and not many of them have a Gator logo. Not sure why you want to shoot the messenger. I'm not blind or spreading hearsay.

It is what it is. Denying it ain't going to make it change...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. 3-5 3* guys are ok. I’m not too worried about 5* vs. 4*, but the roster needs to be loaded with them because 50-60% won’t be starters or stars.
It's about 90% that won't be SEC quality.

Saying starter isn't saying anything. On our team, or Kintucky's, being a starter doesn't mean you are SEC quality.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

FCUK UGA

UGA is the new FSU. All world recruiting that rarely translates to much on the field. The window will close quick....lets see if they can capitalize before it does.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
UGA is the new FSU. All world recruiting that rarely translates to much on the field. The window will close quick....lets see if they can capitalize before it does.
I think people on this board are underestimating how much of a threat UGA is becoming. Everyone wants to brush them off like they will go away. They are not the new FSU, FSU never recruited like UGA is recruiting right now. Show me the last time a team pulled 8 5* recruits in one cycle. I dont know how they are doing it and I don't know if it will translate to any titles but they are going to be a force in the future. You can keep overlooking it all you want but it's happening

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Kirby Smart just won the sec and played in the NC. I wouldn't call that a small feat. He's also signed 5*s all over the place on both sides of the ball. He's also recruited better than jimbo. If anything they're the new Bama.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Kirby Smart just won the sec and played in the NC. I wouldn't call that a small feat. He's also signed 5*s all over the place on both sides of the ball. He's also recruited better than jimbo. If anything they're the new Bama.

It's a little early to be calling them the "New Bama", yes their recruiting has been phenomenal but until they win a National Title they will always be known as the underachievers who do less with more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby Smart just.
Lost to Butters in his first year, with an upperclassmen heavy team while losing 5 games total that year.

AND lost 2 of the 3 games he played against good teams last year.... with a team that had 31 seniors.

AND has an OC that gives McNussdrunk a run for his money as worst in the NCAA.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Lost to Butters in his first year, with an upperclassmen heavy team while losing 5 games total that year.

AND lost 2 of the 3 games he played against good teams last year.... with a team that had 31 seniors.

AND has an OC that gives McNussdrunk a run for his money as worst in the NCAA.
Urban meyer lost to mike shula in year 1 with an upperclassmen laden team. 60% of those seniors didnt do squat. UGA only had 12 of them contribute in the 2 deep. finished #32 in total offense, #20 in scoring, #9 in rushing. The only place the sucked was in passing at #106 and from still threw for 24 TDs. They also didnt lose to the 2 only good teams last year. They went 4-2 vs the top 25. They beat
10 win ND/AUB, 9 win SCAR/MSU and 12 win OU and lost the nc on a missed assignment. Once again you're full of manure

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ND and Scar?

:lmao2: Whatever you say Cainetard.

I will say you hopped from Dumbo Fisher's cawk to Kirby Bangboy faster than a stripper at Mons Venus.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Urban meyer lost to mike shula in year 1 with an upperclassmen laden team. 60% of those seniors didnt do squat. UGA only had 12 of them contribute in the 2 deep. finished #32 in total offense, #20 in scoring, #9 in rushing. The only place the sucked was in passing at #106 and from still threw for 24 TDs. They also didnt lose to the 2 only good teams last year. They went 4-2 vs the top 25. They beat
10 win ND/AUB, 9 win SCAR/MSU and 12 win OU and lost the nc on a missed assignment. Once again you're full of manure
You have to be the only Gator on the planet that knowledgeable about the Dwags.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It's about 90% that won't be SEC quality.

Saying starter isn't saying anything. On our team, or Kintucky's, being a starter doesn't mean you are SEC quality.

When I’ve looked at it in the past about 25% of 3* pan out to be solid contributors or better. But that has everything to do with the staff 1. finding overlooked but capable players and 2. coaching them up.

I don’t think we’ve had either the last 3 years and only on defense the 4 before that. But that’s almost nitpicking your larger point, with which I agree. If you gather higher rated recruits more will pan out and your team will be better - or at least have a better chance at it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can't refute what I posted so you attack me. Typical of someone who has no idea what he's talking about.
Just someone who has no trouble spotting trolls.

Btw, I'm sorry that A&M sunk your battleship. Actually I guess Bammer clipped his balls off and A&M gave him the chance to leave, in shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.