Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Actually, yes. Walter Payton never played at Houston Baptist.
Edit: it should be noted that Payton never got an offer from Southern Miss. The Southern Miss coach watched him score six (or eight) TD's in a HS game. On the last TD he decided to show that he could out run his pursuers while running backward. The Southern Miss coach wisely decided that he didn't want a hot dog on his team (or maybe he just checked and found he was only a three star).

Thanks for the history lesson, Coach McElwain!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida ranks No. 16 in Team Recruiting Rankings
The latest 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...-247Sports-Team-Recruiting-Rankings-115547623

Florida's 2019 class grew by two on Saturday when linebacker Jammal Abrams and wide receiver Dionte Markscommitted to the Gators. Florida now has five total commitments in the 2019 recruiting class.

The class ranks as the nation's No. 16 overall and the No. 8 in the SEC according to the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings. The Gators have a currently average grade per commit of 87.02.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No need to apologize. You’re simply wrong.

Anderson and Hurt were not only two of our lowest ranked recruits (both 3*s) in what turned out to be an epic 2006 class, but were also rwo of our earliest commits.

The number one ranked 2007 class had three 3*s by the summer of 2006.

McFarland was, I believe, our first commitment of the 2010 class. Outside of late throw in’s Clark and Murphy, he was our lowest ranked recruit of that cycle.

There’s no data to support that taking a couple of judgement calls that may very well work their way out of the class, early on, is indicative of a problem.

Again, I’ll ask. What part of our close to the recent NSD gives the impression that DM is willing to load up on fillers? There simply weren’t any.

And to your comment about McElwain saying the same thing, that’s also factually incorrect. He was very clear from the beginning that he wanted “his guys”. The moment guys like Rashad Jackson and Desir-Jones started rolling in, any doubt of his abilities and determination to get the best were confirmed.

Other than that, your post was spot on.
Ok I can admit that not every 3* player turns out to be just that. Some do go on to have great careers but what are the odds on that like 50-1 And those odds go up even more when we talk about them turning out to be elite playmakers. Your never gonna compete when your class is more than 1/4 3* lower level players like what we have right now committed.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love the video on Marks. He looks like the real deal. Watch his stock soar over the summer. He'll be a 4* before the end of the summer.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You guys freaking out over this kid crack me up. They offered the kid because they see something they like. He'll either prove it on the field next year or he won't, and if he doesn't, they'll most likely show him the door. Relax, the kid isn't in the class yet.

I'm sorry, but I am tired of the "diamond in the rough" type of statements. They need to be building momentum with BLUE CHIP RECRUITS!!! Do you see what UGA, Miami and FSU are doing? If we want to compete with them we need talent.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is the classic "I trust the coaches" response that make Swamp Gas the worst message board among Gator sports fans. We all get it, let the coaches do their jobs. This kid is ranked 547th overall....and it's February. He's a Plan B, at best....NEXT February.

The kid looks like he has some potential, and he's probably happy as hell he didn't accept the offer to Jackson State when they offered, holding out for a bigger offer to say....Troy or Southern Miss. But a UF offer drops in his lap and this kid couldn't say yes fast enough!

I'm still on board w/ Mullen and think he's doing some really good things, especially in the S&C program. But, as @Slevin said, there are a few WTF offers out on the table right now that - it seems - a UF type school shouldn't be making.

All of this! Great post BMF!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love the video on Marks. He looks like the real deal. Watch his stock soar over the summer. He'll be a 4* before the end of the summer.

Thought I remembered reading that Marks was clocked at 4.39 in the 40. Those are some wheels for a Jr. in HS.
Going to be tough getting top flight WRs in this next class given our excellent haul for 2018, counting the two transfers; and as Donkey would say ‘mainly to block’. Not that I disagree with him.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Thought I remembered reading that Marks was clocked at 4.39 in the 40. Those are some wheels for a Jr. in HS.
Going to be tough getting top flight WRs in this next class given our excellent haul for 2018, counting the two transfers; and as Donkey would say ‘mainly to block’. Not that I disagree with him.
2019 is LOADED with WR's and DB's......we shouldn't have a problem landing 2-3 top 100 WR's

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

My hope is that w/ Marks we get a burner....and we get 2 more WR's that are blue-chippers (like the kid at Fletcher HS....who just committed to Miami). Same w/ the LB we just got. We likely go after 4 LB's in this class....they won't all be 4 or 5 stars. So, we that kids size, I'm fine w/ it (for now). If we have a good season, we could see one or both of these 3-star kids wash out (i.e. get pushed out for higher rated players). I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it right now...but if we keep adding low ranked 3-stars I'll be concerned (and make no mistake, both of these commits are low ranked).

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Florida ranks No. 16 in Team Recruiting Rankings
The latest 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...-247Sports-Team-Recruiting-Rankings-115547623

Florida's 2019 class grew by two on Saturday when linebacker Jammal Abrams and wide receiver Dionte Markscommitted to the Gators. Florida now has five total commitments in the 2019 recruiting class.

The class ranks as the nation's No. 16 overall and the No. 8 in the SEC according to the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings. The Gators have a currently average grade per commit of 87.02.

Five 3*s. We've exceeded our quota for ham & eggers in the class. Wake me when we get commits from SEC caliber talent.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A 6'8 WR?? Tyrone Young?

Gators offer WR Darren Jones
California four-star lands Florida offer.

https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Florida-Gators-offer-WR-Darren-Jones-115592276

On Monday, Florida extended an offer to San Bernardino (Calif.) Cajon Top247 wide receiver Darren Jones. The four-star recruit brings a very unique skill set to the field as he stands 6-foot-8, 175-pounds.

Nebraska, Texas A&M, Oregon and others have already offered Jones, who is also a basketball recruit. Florida also offered Jones' quarterback, Jayden Daniels, earlier this offseason.

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks Jones as the nation's No. 121 overall prospect in the 2019 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators offer OT Andrew Kristofic
Gators extend offer along the offensive line

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...-OT-Andrew-Kristofic-lands-UF-offer-115592857

On Monday, the Florida Gators extended an offer to Gibsonia (PA) Pine-Richland offense tackle Andrew Kristofic. Despite his three-star ranking, Kristofic boasts an impressive offer sheet early on.

The 6-foot-5, 255-pounder also holds offers from the likes of Clemson, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Ohio State, and others early on. His father played his college days at Pittsburg, and the Panthers currently have one predictions logged on the 247Sports Crystal Ball feature, the second pick is for the Wisconsin

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Kirstofic as the Nation's No. 511 overall prospect in the 2019 recruiting class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators Facetime DT target
Gators staying in touch with an out of state DT

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...star-DT-Lloyd-Murray-Jr-high-on-UF--115582560

With National Signing Day 2018 now in the books, the Florida Gators coaching staff has hit the ground running for the 2019 recruiting class. This past weekend the staff hosted their first Junior Day of the new year, and have been sending out offer after offer each day. One target that Florida in January, that has continued to keep in touch with the coaching staff is Wichita Falls (TX) Hirschi defense tackle Lloyd Murray Jr.

On Monday afternoon, Murray Jr. had a video chat through FaceTime, with UF assistant coaches Billy Gonzales and Sal Sunseri.

Last week the 6-foot-2, 310-pounder narrowed his focus to a Top 10 of schools with programs like Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Texas making the cut. Murray Jr. was also planning to make a commitment on May 5, but has since made a change of plans, deciding to make a decision later in the process.

"I’m gonna lay off the commitment in May I’m just gonna release my Top 5 in May," Murray Jr. told 247Sports. "I think Im gonna do like 2 or 3 visits in the spring and save some for the fall."

The three-stat defender also added he hopes to unofficially visit Florida sometime this spring or summer and make an official visit in the fall for a game.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Murray Jr. as the Nation's No. 69 defensive tackle in the 2019 recruiting class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator