Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

6'2"/177# going in to his senior year. High points the ball well, good speed. Needs to do some work to improve his routes. Pretty decent return guy as well. Again, not a pretty offer sheet so far but that may change with our offer/commit news and summer work.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I am confident that the staff saw something in these kids if they offered them and accepted their commitments this early in the recruiting cycle.

We haven’t even gone through our first spring practice thus I will stay positive and wait for the product on the field.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I am confident that the staff saw something in these kids if they offered them and accepted their commitments this early in the recruiting cycle.

We haven’t even gone through our first spring practice thus I will stay positive and wait for the product on the field.
I'm sure you said the same exact thing every time Mac took a player that made everyone stratch their head.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Not one player we have committed for the class of 2019 holds an offer from any of the teams to ever make the playoffs. That speaks volumes imo. 5 players and not 1 holds an offer from a previous coach that's made an appearance in the playoffs. So exciting

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Not one player we have committed for the class of 2019 holds an offer from any of the teams to ever make the playoffs. That speaks volumes imo. 5 players and not 1 holds an offer from a previous coach that's made an appearance in the playoffs. So exciting
The Abrams kid has offers from Bama and Auburn

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Evidently folks are just starting to notice Marks, after all...DeLand was 2-7 last year (yeah, I'm an alum).
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...onte-marks-commits-gators-20180224-story.html
"Marks burst on to the recruiting scene with a splash. Many recruiters took notice after his showing at the US Army National Underclassmen Combine in San Antonio in January."

That’s a good point. A lot of their exposure and evaluation comes from camps. If they don’t have someone supporting them (legally) many of them fly under the radar until a major program takes notice of them.

Again, it’s early...

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
6'2"/177# going in to his senior year. High points the ball well, good speed. Needs to do some work to improve his routes. Pretty decent return guy as well. Again, not a pretty offer sheet so far but that may change with our offer/commit news and summer work.
Did some more digging. Evidently the 6'2" was self reported. Official measurement in San Antonio is 5'11", so in all likelihood he'll be around 6'. Some on 247 who saw combine work say he's very raw and not to put a lot of stock in his times due to not being polished on technique. Long jump looked explosive.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

This is the classic "I trust the coaches" response that make Swamp Gas the worst message board among Gator sports fans. We all get it, let the coaches do their jobs. This kid is ranked 547th overall....and it's February. He's a Plan B, at best....NEXT February.

The kid looks like he has some potential, and he's probably happy as hell he didn't accept the offer to Jackson State when they offered, holding out for a bigger offer to say....Troy or Southern Miss. But a UF offer drops in his lap and this kid couldn't say yes fast enough!

I'm still on board w/ Mullen and think he's doing some really good things, especially in the S&C program. But, as @Slevin said, there are a few WTF offers out on the table right now that - it seems - a UF type school shouldn't be making.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I know this is the 2019 thread and it's REALLY EARLY for 2020, but this kid shows up to a camp in Mobile wearing Gator gear. First team 6A all-state in Alabama...as a sophomore.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm sorry but I remember Mac saying the same thing when he took over and we know how that went. He took players way to early that didn't even deserve an offer at UF.

I'm sorry but if you want to run with the big dogs you've got to recruit like them as well and they don' tend to take players like the 2 we just took this early in the cycle. Talent follows talent it's a big reason as to why I believe Mac was so terrible at it until the end. His last class that ended up falling apart was once a top 5 class because He got a few elite players on board and other followed. But when he started he would start his classes with a bunch of 3* players and try to flip players at the end to fill in the rest of the class. You've got to start strong to gain momentum. It's how Kirby is recruiting he gets a few big time recruits at the beginning and others want to follow and they ended up with several 5* players. Bama has been doing it for years. You start slow and it sticks with you imo. You don't just keep taking 3* talent and expect elite talent to want to jump on board and carry the rest of the class.

And as for do I think he will load up on fillers, I'd say it sure looks like he is. On rivals we have 4 recruits 4 are 3* and Marks scored a 0.0 rating. Id say it's not good when your 1st 5 commits are all outside of the top 300.

No need to apologize. You’re simply wrong.

Anderson and Hurt were not only two of our lowest ranked recruits (both 3*s) in what turned out to be an epic 2006 class, but were also rwo of our earliest commits.

The number one ranked 2007 class had three 3*s by the summer of 2006.

McFarland was, I believe, our first commitment of the 2010 class. Outside of late throw in’s Clark and Murphy, he was our lowest ranked recruit of that cycle.

There’s no data to support that taking a couple of judgement calls that may very well work their way out of the class, early on, is indicative of a problem.

Again, I’ll ask. What part of our close to the recent NSD gives the impression that DM is willing to load up on fillers? There simply weren’t any.

And to your comment about McElwain saying the same thing, that’s also factually incorrect. He was very clear from the beginning that he wanted “his guys”. The moment guys like Rashad Jackson and Desir-Jones started rolling in, any doubt of his abilities and determination to get the best were confirmed.

Other than that, your post was spot on.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
This is the classic "I trust the coaches" response that make Swamp Gas the worst message board among Gator sports fans. We all get it, let the coaches do their jobs. This kid is ranked 547th overall....and it's February. He's a Plan B, at best....NEXT February.

The kid looks like he has some potential, and he's probably happy as hell he didn't accept the offer to Jackson State when they offered, holding out for a bigger offer to say....Troy or Southern Miss. But a UF offer drops in his lap and this kid couldn't say yes fast enough!

I'm still on board w/ Mullen and think he's doing some really good things, especially in the S&C program. But, as @Slevin said, there are a few WTF offers out on the table right now that - it seems - a UF type school shouldn't be making.

In my opinion you are too caught up with the current recruiting rankings but I question if you will admit that you over reacted if the new verbal commits rise in the ranking.

I read Swamp Gas although I don’t post because I like to read different perspectives. I also know you read it too as you regularly updated the recruiting thread with their Candy Gram thread about potential recruits.

http://gatorchatter.com/threads/the-national-signing-day-thread.14690/page-313#post-663088

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator