Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A sophomore slump is definitely in the offing and unless Mullen suddenly becomes less egotistical and bullheaded than HC's tend to be and overhauls his recruiting, nothing will change and he'll be out after four to five years of stable mediocrity.
Well, stability is what we need after the last decade...without being able to hire Saban or Meyer. Hopefully, Mullen turns out to be more than just stable and mediocre, buts it’s kinda what I envisioned with him. I’m certain he’s gonna leave us in much better shape than what he’s taking over.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We are currently ranked 32nd on rivals. 9th in the SEC (oof!). Elam and Pittman will bring us up but things have got to turn around at some point or Mullen will look a fool for not getting some real ringers in here to recruit.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What's the word on OG Deyavie Hammond. 6-3, 340. IMG kid. Doesn't seem to be leaning one way or the other in his recruitment at the moment. Any interest from us? IMG kiss of death?

Tuanu'u is 100% CB'd to SoCal.

247 still has Zipperer CB'd to us at 66%. I thought we dropped the ball with him. What gives?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Sanders and Steele are slipping away from us per the new CB's on 247. Sanders is starting to tilt toward Bammer with him sitting at 40% UF and 33% Bama so we know how that will go. News is even worse in the wake of Steele's visit to USC: he's now CB'd at 68% to the Trojans with us a distant second. Crap.

Good news is that Pittman and Elam are still sitting at 100% UF so there's that......

Florida isn't even in the discussion regarding any of the other top 50 national recruits.

And the UAA has not yet submitted appeals on behalf of Jefferson and Grimes to the NCAA. Super crap.

Are they going to hold these guys out this year in order to bolster next year's class? Insane.

I'm willing to wait and see what happens for now, but this class could fall well short of 25 bodies or be filled with cast-offs.

A sophomore slump is definitely in the offing and unless Mullen suddenly becomes less egotistical and bullheaded than HC's tend to be and overhauls his recruiting, nothing will change and he'll be out after four to five years of stable mediocrity.

I do think the 2018 class with the additions of the last couple years' transfers and the return of suspended players will have us looking like we're headed in the right direction and I think with better coaching and S and C some guys who have under performed will surprise folks, but that momentum could dissipate fast if the 2019 and 2020 classes come up short.
8469973.png

8469982.png

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
One thing is for sure this staff needs a kick in the pants first and then a purge in Feb if things don't change. Behind pitt, ncSU, iowa, purdue, etc. Smh

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Purge in Dec. May be able to help by Feb, a little, though there is precious little talent left by then. No excuse for waiting til Feb.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
One thing is for sure this staff needs a kick in the pants first and then a purge in Feb if things don't change. Behind pitt, ncSU, iowa, purdue, etc. Smh

I wonder if Steele is shooting down that tweet cuz he wants to continue riding the recruitment train. The grand tour is fun!! Florida is awesome this time of year!!

Hope DM is man enough to recognize his weaknesses and capable enough to turn them into strengths.

Come on Danny Boy! The pipes of victory are calling!! Or maybe it's the wails of forlorn Gator fans....

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

I'd like to think the commits of Elam and Pittman will put us ahead of those schools in July, but there's got to be more. Much more. Doesn't look like we're COMPLETELY out of it with K. Jones so fingers crossed. He ain't a Plainsman yet!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I wonder if Steele is shooting down that tweet cuz he wants to continue riding the recruitment train. The grand tour is fun!! Florida is awesome this time of year!!

Hope DM is man enough to recognize his weaknesses and capable enough to turn them into strengths.

Come on Danny Boy! The pipes of victory are calling!! Or maybe it's the wails of forlorn Gator fans....
He can deal with his weakness by hiring some good recruiters, but if you think that this late in life he is suddenly going to become a good recruiter you are dreaming. I had hoped that planning, energy, and organization would result in better recruiting. It hasn't. Now his best chance is winning with what he's got.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Starting to look like Steele is gone. The guy who tweeted about the commit is a Rivals reporter who has a rep for jumping the gun and stealing kids' thunder. Apparently, Steele has some sort of commit video ready and wanted to make an event out of it, that's why he wants this tweet tamped down.

And rumors are that Pittman is leaning toward Oregon now.

If the trend continues and this class finishes in the 20s or 30s, Mullen's tenure will have been a failure before he coaches his first game..... No one to blame but himself, even with the facilities issue and the results of this decade.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasted all that time in Kali only to come home empty handed. Hope the went to Disneyland at least.

We cant land any Florida kids but watch us flex our muscles in Kali bc we hired an old dog who used to recruit there.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wasted all that time in Kali only to come home empty handed. Hope the went to Disneyland at least.

We cant land any Florida kids but watch us flex our muscles in Kali bc we hired an old dog who used to recruit there.
Yeah, I have to agree with you. This whole satellite camp thing to bring in recruits from places far from home doesn't seem to be working too well. Look at Michigan, they spent all that time and money and did not get one recruit from Italy.

Last edited:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
We're headed to worse classes than Mac had here, let that sink in...

Initially I was excited and hopeful with how he closed last year's class but seeing a year of recruiting under his belt has left a lot to be desired. No matter how well these guys can develop players or get the most of out guys, it still puts us way below Bama, Uga, and other SEC teams. For all the resources here, it's inexcusable.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Recruiting sucks but two 4-8 seasons in 5 years what does anyone expect. If I were a 5 star I’d steer clear from here too. It is what it is and it won’t get better until we improve offensively.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting sucks but two 4-8 seasons in 5 years what does anyone expect. If I were a 5 star I’d steer clear from here too. It is what it is and it won’t get better until we improve offensively.

How do you get better with 2 star players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator