Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did u want our sh*t thrown together or done right? In order to get the space for the all-n-one by the indoor they had to do it they way they're doing it. If you want to place blame lay it at the feet of the guy who deserves it...Foley!
Right. He scraped it because it wasn't good enough. All we get from these guys are excuses . No accountability .

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's a story on the Athletic site (which is mostly paid articles) discussing a US college tour by a group of European HS football players. Says they came to UF - had planned to stay 2 days - but UVA wanted to offer a QB a scholarship...so they stayed in Gainesville for 6 hours and headed to UVA. Then it says we offered one of their OL kids, but he chose UVA. Here's a few blurbs the article that mention UF:

......they had planned on spending two days at the University of Florida. However, when word got back to Collier that the University of Virginia was considering offering a scholarship to one of his players — a quarterback from Germany — he scrambled. The group only spent about six or seven hours at UF, although the prospects did get to see live alligators in the water.

Wentz will be joined at Virginia by another teammate from the Dolphins, Kariem Al Soufi, a 6-4, 340-pound guard who turned down an offer from Florida that came earlier on the trip. Al Soufi’s father is a dentist who once was a pro basketball player in Syria.

The way Al Soufi’s UF scholarship offer materialized illustrates the unique dynamic of the PPI tour. According to Daletzki, Al Soufi had a workout with Georgia coaches and Bulldogs offensive line coach Sam Pittman for an hour, and after some footage of that session was posted on Twitter, the Gators offered the massive lineman before he and the tour group even made it to Gainesville.

Al Soufi wasn’t the only PPI O-lineman to land a UF offer. The Gators, Nebraska and Virginia, among others, are in pursuit of towering Martin Veinberg, a 6-9, 325-pounder who excelled in one-on-one pass-protection drills along the camp tour.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now I will tell you this – if there is anybody who can get the QB ready, it’s Mullen..
:lmao2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. QB Whisperer.

All his QBs have their best years as freshmen or sophs.... bc QB Whisperer.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Yeah, I'm not sure what he meant by "completed". Has McKethan been torn down yet? This thing will be "completed" sometime in 2020 or 2021. And we'll be showing pictures to recruits for the next two recruiting cycles (or longer).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
QB Brian Maurer, from Ocala, FL, has committed to Tennessee. He was a surprise at the Elite 11 camp (that Jones didn't even get invited to) and quickly got offers from Ohio State and Texas A&M. He's a pro-style QB, so not really an option for us. But I hate to see Florida kids going out of state.

Elite 11 Finalist QB Brian Maurer commits to Tennessee

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...commit-pledge-2019-recruiting-qb-quarterback/

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
QB Brian Maurer, from Ocala, FL, has committed to Tennessee. He was a surprise at the Elite 11 camp (that Jones didn't even get invited to) and quickly got offers from Ohio State and Texas A&M. He's a pro-style QB, so not really an option for us. But I hate to see Florida kids going out of state.

Elite 11 Finalist QB Brian Maurer commits to Tennessee

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...commit-pledge-2019-recruiting-qb-quarterback/

For the life of me, I can't understand why any highly sought after offensive player(much less QB) would commit to playing for a first time, defensive minded coach off of the Saban tree. It's almost as if they don't have cable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He’s good with his guy. We’re going to be dog shyt with Franks and Trask.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For the life of me, I can't understand why any highly sought after offensive player(much less QB) would commit to playing for a first time, defensive minded coach off of the Saban tree. It's almost as if they don't have cable.

The Hilinski kid committed to Muschamp is the #2 pro-style QB on the board....and from the west coast. Why TF would he want to play in that 100th ranked offense? I don't get it.

At least w/ Mullen, if you're a "dual threat" QB you know you will be the primary focus of the offense. In the Pruitt, Muschamp, Smart systems you will likely hand the ball off 40 times per game and be lucky to throw it more than 20 times/game.

The Maurer kid is ranked 18th, so maybe he just wanted a shot at an SEC school? Who knows? But I would have taken the A&M offer over Tennessee. Jimbo's an *******, but he's put many QBs in the NFL.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Hilinski kid committed to Muschamp is the #2 pro-style QB on the board....and from the west coast. Why TF would he want to play in that 100th ranked offense? I don't get it.

At least w/ Mullen, if you're a "dual threat" QB you know you will be the primary focus of the offense. In the Pruitt, Muschamp, Smart systems you will likely hand the ball off 40 times per game and be lucky to throw it more than 20 times/game.

The Maurer kid is ranked 18th, so maybe he just wanted a shot at an SEC school? Who knows? But I would have taken the A&M offer over Tennessee. Jimbo's an *******, but he's put many QBs in the NFL.

All day. These guys are committing to a recruiter who happens to be a coach, not the other way around. Hilinski will be back on the West coast within a few years.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yep A&M all day over tenn...but I really question this kids ranking. Seems like another Sitkowski

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep A&M all day over tenn...but I really question this kids ranking. Seems like another Sitkowski

Well, his ranking is "low" according to the Elite 11 camp results. Several scouts said he'd rise in the rankings, as he currently sits at #18 among 'pro-syle' QBs. Sitkowski was ranked too high to begin with....and dropped fast. Kind of like Jake Allen, who was a 4-star early....then dropped to a 3-star.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, his ranking is "low" according to the Elite 11 camp results. Several scouts said he'd rise in the rankings, as he currently sits at #18 among 'pro-syle' QBs. Sitkowski was ranked too high to begin with....and dropped fast. Kind of like Jake Allen, who was a 4-star early....then dropped to a 3-star.

Wasn’t Sitkowski rated high because of performances in these underwear camps like this kid? Or am I misremembering?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wasn’t Sitkowski rated high because of performances in these underwear camps like this kid? Or am I misremembering?

I don't recall how he did in the camps, honestly. But his rating had fallen off by the time the season had come around....so, w/ no games under his belt, I'd imagine it was due to poor camp performances. Jake Allen had a poor season and was a 3-star by the end of his season. Generally, these ratings are a combination of Soph/Junior season + camps.....then it could move (either way) after a good or bad senior year. Often you'll see a kid come out of nowhere during their senior year, but most QBs are known commodities.

Regardless, getting the 18th ranked QB isn't a bad thing for UT even if he's slightly over-rated or under-rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator