Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For all the talk about Jajuan Seider, he sure wasn't doing much for Mac's recruiting.
He didn't arrive til 2018 after signing day (cheaper I guess) and Mac's 2019 and 2020 both immediately jumped to top 5.... before Butters went 4-8, lost his job and players started jumping. Seider had been on campus about 6 months.

I know... I know... t says that is because of Mr Worm.

Funny how Renard and Aceclownis always appear together to agree with themselves.

I don't know... We keep faulting every recruiter that comes through here, but maybe there's more to it. I'm not a Mullen pumper, but you can't convince me that he's lazy on the trail. I think he's trying. But it seems UF just can't connect with the upper echelon players.
Mullinz is an azzhole. Everyone who has ever worked near him agrees. Like Butters before him (who thought he was Saban because he watched Saban win a championship), Mullinz thinks he is Creyer. He thinks the 5 stars should be kissing our azz and begging for a slot and they should assume he will win like Creyer did.

In Mullinz and Butters' minds, as in most older Gators, UF is an elite school. Of course, kids in high school don't even remember when UF could score twice in the same game with regularity against any team that mattered. There is a huge disconnect.

Azzholes can win and winning brings recruits. I'm just not sure Mullinz can do it. So far, if he doesn't have a Fullback QB hybrid, his offenses have been sucktastic and he definitely gets less out of more talent. So I guess we try to rely on the defense. And a DC known for shytting the bed, or maybe I should say choking, in every game that matters.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
yeah just wait. you'll see. there's a recruiting wave coming. secret commits.

I like how the article listed signing a number one player, then said a Juco tight end and a kicker who was a legacy.

pretty sure Butters landed the number one Juco running back wide receiver and defensive back one year also. I'm also certain that at the University of Florida, jucos aren't good enough for anything but depth.
Latest I saw says that the wave of July recruits has dissipated.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Wtf is going on?

How does losing Jujuan cause all of this?

At the moment this staff appears to be even more incompetent than Butters and Co, and the didnt even bother trying.

Or is there more at play behind the scenes which scenes?
I have no clue and the people who do ain't saying sh*t st the moment.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Plays for a smallish school and no telling how many camps he’s been to or hasn’t. Could easily be a 4* by the time it’s all over with.

Smallish indeed. I’d never heard of it previously but am familiar with a number of schools they play. Low level of competition so any buzz will have to come from camps.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Gator Country article on Dan's recruiting. Possible dig at Gatorchatter re: "rumblings from the tiniest corner of the fanbase" http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/recruiting-analysis-dan-mullens-first-eight-months/

The summary of the rest of the article is....
:bob:

My favorite line: "Dan Mullen and his staff have proven to be excellent recruiters in the past" WHAT?
:bsmeter:

The “settle down” theme from the Gator beat writers is condescending - and shared among that herd.

That said, what Mullen has done to date with the 2018 class + transfers is on the right track. He appears to have things moving in a positive direction. Happy for all that.

But there is reason to be concerned by a lagging class, dwindling blue chip prospects and that the positives aren’t yet translating into commitments on pace to return UF to among the top tier programs. It is early, but it’s like getting a C on your mid term exam and hoping to do well enough on the papers & final to get a B+ in the class. Possible, but you’ve got to close really strong.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I have no clue and the people who do ain't saying sh*t st the moment.
Any idea what our board even looks like right now?

This has been a weird cycle. We know about 10 names after that it seems like we are not pursuing anyone else. I think that is a large part of the concern people feel about how recruiting is going.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Any idea what our board even looks like right now?

This has been a weird cycle. We know about 10 names after that it seems like we are not pursuing anyone else. I think that is a large part of the concern people feel about how recruiting is going.

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Season/2019-Football/Targets/

here is the UF board at 247. it's bad.

Alabama has now lapped us in the race for Sanders. He gone.

Tyrique Stevenson is all about the U.

Why anyone thinks Zip is still interested in us is mind boggling.

Elam is still 100% CB'd to us.

We're in it for Higgins vs Stanford. Hope we get him....

Pittman is on his way to Oregon. He gone.

There is very little to get hopeful about. If Mullen thought the UF brand would just draw players in once he and his rep for offense arrived, he gravely miscalculated. With the exception of Elam and Higgins, literally NONE of the top recruits seem to retain any interest in us whatsoever at this time.

All those bloody schollys hanging out there and we likely won't even get to 20 members in this signing class.

Epic fail. I don't care what GC's fluffers say. This board has been more on point re: UF football than they could ever hope to be with their BS clickbait pseudo journalism for quite some time.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The “settle down” theme from the Gator beat writers is condescending - and shared among that herd.

That said, what Mullen has done to date with the 2018 class + transfers is on the right track. He appears to have things moving in a positive direction. Happy for all that.

But there is reason to be concerned by a lagging class, dwindling blue chip prospects and that the positives aren’t yet translating into commitments on pace to return UF to among the top tier programs. It is early, but it’s like getting a C on your mid term exam and hoping to do well enough on the papers & final to get a B+ in the class. Possible, but you’ve got to close really strong.

Totally agree on the quality of the 2018's plus the transfers. Truly, a very good crop. They'll help tremendously.

But DM and the others must've assumed that a good haul last year would automatically replicate itself this year.

WRONG.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We need to land the below in July:

Sanders
Jones (Emory’s cousin)
Kimbrough
Higgins
Rae or Zip
Fuller

Not asking too much, right? :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to land the below in July:

Sanders
Jones (Emory’s cousin)
Kimbrough
Higgins
Rae or Zip
Fuller

Not asking too much, right? :lol:
That’s a good, not great haul. No reason that shouldn’t be expected at UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

All those bloody schollys hanging out there and we likely won't even get to 20 members in this signing class.

Epic fail.
We may drop back to 60ish scholly athletes again....

But by all means lets put the ghetto facilities renovations on hold til 2023, so we can take our time and not incovenience baseball.

The sad part in Fooley making us into the Other Miami is that at least scUM didnt have the money and had no choice w their facilities.

Our issues are all self inflicted. Top 2-3 income at one point, still top 10, and we spend it all somewhere other than football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.