Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Dude, do you even know anything about high school football? Of course he's blocking, that's what they ask him to do. I'd prefer a 3 star from that part of the state to a 4 star from California. Those boys play big boy football in the muck. And at a small school he is going to be playing positions like that. I'm serious, do you guys watch tape and tell yourself you know anything?

The fail in your post is spectacular. Thanks for the laugh. :lmao2:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can we not go down this star argument wormhole?

We need top ranked kids, that’s undeniable. Getting upset about landing this kid this early in the process is foolish. Mullen has top talent coming to our PRACTICES on their own dime. They’ll start popping for the good guys, just be patient.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Love the ranking obsession. How has our highly rated OT from a few years ago worked out? It's too early to get so caught up with the national ranking of an OL. Kid has size, is a Florida player, and THIS staff likes his tape.

Wasn't it Meyers last class that was so star studded but was a flop? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Case in point....

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Getting a big 300lb plus body for an OL that is desperately lacking quality size and depth is fine this early in a cycle where we are going to sign upwards of 25 players.

Still plenty of room for all those four and five star players everyone wants.

So glad we're doing the "circle of life" and not practicing dance moves like the clowns are in spring drills. Seriously, Taggart has them dancing ...... :lmao2:

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Love the ranking obsession. How has our highly rated OT from a few years ago worked out? It's too early to get so caught up with the national ranking of an OL. Kid has size, is a Florida player, and THIS staff likes his tape.

Wasn't it Meyers last class that was so star studded but was a flop? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Correct up to a point... Need to consider previous coaching staffs and S&C programs...

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Can we not go down this star argument wormhole?

We need top ranked kids, that’s undeniable. Getting upset about landing this kid this early in the process is foolish. Mullen has top talent coming to our PRACTICES on their own dime. They’ll start popping for the good guys, just be patient.
While I agree with you Jay, I'm a believer in talent wants to play with talent. Go back to your middle school days during gym. When teams were being picked how upset were you when the coach put the sorry kids on your team? You wanted to be on the team with the good players which is normal. College football is no different players want to play on teams with the better talent. If you don't think the elite players who are on campus don't see the talent being taken right now and question whether or not they would want to be a part of that your a fool. Elite talent follows elite talent look at UGA last class. Elite players seen other elite players committing and seen something special in that class and was pulling the trigger left and right. I think It's why Mac fell flat on his face, he took players early that had no business even getting an offer to UF and it scared elite talent off. Mullen is doing the same thing right now. I'm not saying it can't change but imo he's taking fillers way to early and it could effect the class in the long run

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree with you Jay, I'm a believer in talent wants to play with talent. Go back to your middle school days during gym. When teams were being picked how upset were you when the coach put the sorry kids on your team? You wanted to be on the team with the good players which is normal. College football is no different players want to play on teams with the better talent. If you don't think the elite players who are on campus don't see the talent being taken right now and question whether or not they would want to be a part of that your a fool. Elite talent follows elite talent look at UGA last class. Elite players seen other elite players committing and seen something special in that class and was pulling the trigger left and right. I think It's why Mac fell flat on his face, he took players early that had no business even getting an offer to UF and it scared elite talent off. Mullen is doing the same thing right now. I'm not saying it can't change but imo he's taking fillers way to early and it could effect the class in the long run

It’s super early and this will be a large class. I’m fairly confident Mullen will be landing his share of 4&5 stars. I’m sure a lot of these kids see opportunities to come in and start right away while being the foundation to making Gator Football Great Again (just for you Sas ;) )

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It’s super early and this will be a large class. I’m fairly confident Mullen will be landing his share of 4&5 stars. I’m sure a lot of these kids see opportunities to come in and start right away while being the foundation to making Gator Football Great Again (just for you Sas ;) )
Haven't the kids from the last 4 classes had the same opportunity but those classes didn't pan out either? It's the same excuse people on this board have used every year since Mac took over. You said its going to be a huge class correct? I'll bet $500 ox bucks we take at least 10 3* in this class players in this class

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't the kids from the last 4 classes had the same opportunity but those classes didn't pan out either? It's the same excuse people on this board have used every year since Mac took over. You said its going to be a huge class correct? I'll bet $500 ox bucks we take at least 10 3* in this class players in this class

Well Mullen isn’t Mac, and I’m sorry if you can’t see that. We have elite kids visiting practice, PRACTICE! We’re taking about practice!

I’m not sure what your bet has to do with anything.....if we have a class of 28 or so and 10 are 3 stars, that would mean we get 18 4 or 5s. I’ll take that.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Well Mullen isn’t Mac, and I’m sorry if you can’t see that. We have elite kids visiting practice, PRACTICE! We’re taking about practice!

I’m not sure what your bet has to do with anything.....if we have a class of 28 or so and 10 are 3 stars, that would mean we get 18 4 or 5s. I’ll take that.
Oh your expecting 28. I'll bump it up to 13* players then. And I never said he was Mac, Mac was a terrible recruiter and a terrible coach. I think Mullen will be an average recruiter and a above average coach. Nothing special on either side. Not elite on either side. Plus you can have every top 100 player in the country on campus every week, if none pull the trigger does it really matter.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Oh your expecting 28. I'll bump it up to 13* players then. And I never said he was Mac, Mac was a terrible recruiter and a terrible coach. I think Mullen will be an average recruiter and a above average coach. Nothing special on either side. Not elite on either side. Plus you can have every top 100 player in the country on campus every week, if none pull the trigger does it really matter.

That’s still 15 blue chip prospects. I wouldn’t complain at all tbh

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What's the rush to take him?

Anyone who rolls out the "I trust the staff over any website that gives out stars" should be banned and throatpunched.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll bet $500 ox bucks we take at least 10 3* in this class players in this class
Im sure we will. Its ok if they are the right kids, namely Florida kids from good programs who have excelled against top compeition on the field, even ifnthey dont look like the prettiest girl in the room at the camps.

Most of SOS' classes were like that. They dominated the SEC for a decade.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
The fail in your post is spectacular. Thanks for the laugh. :lmao2:

Back at ya! But seriously, you DO realize those areas are legit? That kid has probably been play football year round while running track, etc. Big bodied guy like that who can block, has some grit and likes to hit, and can probably catch the ball in a large radius is what we need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.