Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
2020 QB, so not rated yet but is 6'2" 220# as a SOPHOMORE and threw for 1700 yds/ran for 800 yds in 7 games.
Only UF and Oklahoma offers so far.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Not-so-silent "silent commit"?

This is the same kid who just said “Me and T.J. go back. I met him when he was playing in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and we hit it off out there,” Hunter said. “I didn’t even know he was at the University of Florida until I saw him at the basketball game on my last visit (Feb. 24). So he maybe just confused about which school said coach actually coaches at?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That might be the oddest tweet I have seen from an uncommitted prospect

Agree... I saw this and thought... so is this a commitment... because if that isn't a commitment how is he your future coach....

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
the funny thing about Hunter is that Nulz fans think they are in the lead for him. "get him on campus again and taggart will take care of the rest". It's nice to see them incredibly delusional about their Blackelwain hire

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Woah didnt realize we were in it with this kid. Mullen doing work. Thats 3 5 stars, all top ten players, who Mullen has eyeing us

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Woah didnt realize we were in it with this kid. Mullen doing work. Thats 3 5 stars, all top ten players, who Mullen has eyeing us

But… But… But… The program is broken. New coaches need 10 years to build relationships…

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida visit impresses top-150 G Keiondre Jones, Emory Jones’ cousin

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-recruiting-keiondre-jones-updates

Offensive line prospect Keiondre Jones visits Florida
Keiondre Jones is one of five top-200 overall recruits who attended Florida’s spring practices over the weekend.

The 4-star guard from Callaway High School (Hogansville, Fla.) was re-offered by Florida coach Dan Mullen and offensive line coach John Hevesy on Feb. 19. One month later, he visited Gainesville to check out the Gators.

“I had a real good time,” Jones told SEC Country of his visit. “This was my first time down with the new coaching staff. I saw everything that they have going on and it’s pretty encouraging.”

Jones arrived on campus Friday morning and spent two days on campus, watching both open practices and hanging out with several players. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound lineman is the cousin of Florida quarterback Emory Jones, who enrolled early in January.

“Emory coming to Florida kind of sparked my interest in the program,” Jones said. “But really, I’ve been talking to the new coaching staff. I hear from one of their coaches at least every day and they’re telling me to come block for Emory. There’s a revamped feel to the program, so I wanted to come check it out and I’m glad I did.”

Jones is ranked as the nation’s No. 7 guard and No. 133 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite. In addition to Florida, he also has interest in Auburn, Clemson, Mississippi State and South Carolina.

Jones also holds offers Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Miami and Ohio State. He claims no leaders and plans to make his decision in August.

“I’m just looking for that family feel and being comfortable where I’m at. A good education, too,” Jones said. “Florida definitely helped their chances with this visit. This is only my second time here, but last time it wasn’t like this. I’ll be back for the spring game.”

Relationship with Emory Jones
Jones has been recruiting his cousin to the Gators for three months and counting.

The former top-100 overall recruit flipped from Ohio State to Florida during the early signing period and let Keiondre know before his decision was announced.

“Emory has been hitting me up about Florida since the day before he signed,” Jones said. “He’s been after me since then and he’s been after me really bad now.

“We talk about Florida a good bit, but he’s not going to try and force me to come. He says if it’s the place for me, I’ll know it.”

Keiondre has been “pretty close” with Emory since he was 8 years old and they communicate on a regular basis. Jones said they haven’t talked as much in recent weeks, but he understands why.

“Him going to college, he’s kind of in his own little world right now because he’s trying to focus on what he needs to do here. I respect it,” Jones said of Emory. “He’s kind of glad that this is the way it worked out for him. He feels like this is the place for him and it’s where he should be. He likes the atmosphere at Florida and he loves the school.

“I’m just trying to find the same feel and Emory is helping me figure that out. It’s nice to have someone to talk to about the recruiting process. Emory knows what’s real and what’s fake. A lot of coaches don’t shoot you straight. So he gives me that perspective and I appreciate him for that.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This could be a good recruiting connection, one of his kids (from Lakeland) is committed to Alabama:

Former Florida CB Keiwan Ratliff building juggernaut on 7-on-7 circuit

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-keiwan-ratliff-rat-pak-7-on-7-team

ORLANDO, Fla. — One of the biggest life challenges for professional athletes is figuring out their next move when their playing days are over.

For former Florida and NFL cornerback Keiwan Ratliff, getting involved with high school football players through the 7-on-7 circuit was something that allowed him to stay involved in football. He started his own team — Rat Pak — in 2014.

“Guss Scott, my old teammate at Florida, he introduced me to it and I just fell in love with it from there,” Ratliff said. “I was blessed with a great team that first year. Guys like [former Florida safeties] Keanu Neal and Marcell Harris. We won our very first tournament and I’ve never looked back.”

In the last two years, Rat Pak has made noise on the 7-on-7 circuit with its tournament performances and some high-profile recruits on the roster. Earlier this month, adidas held its East Coast Invitational in South Florida, an event that included teams from Chicago, Louisiana and Texas.

Rat Pak had its opening game against Midwest Boom, a juggernaut on the 7-on-7 circuit.

“They’re what most teams want to be,” Ratliff said of Midwest Boom. “They’re national champs back to back, the top adidas-sponsored team. So our boys had a chip on their shoulder and beat Boom that first game. You could just see the look in their eyes the rest of the day — they felt that was their tournament.”

Rat Pak didn’t lose a game that day and won the East Coast Invitational championship with a 16-15 victory over South Florida Express, another top 7-on-7 team. Ratliff named running back Tyrone Davis (Winter Park, Fla.), athlete Willie Gaines (Cocoa, Fla.) and wide receiver Nate Jefferson (Longwood, Fla.) as some players who stepped up in the tournament.

He also singled out Alabama safety commit Brendan Gant (Lakeland, Fla.) for going into “lock-down mode” on defense. After an early ejection for fighting with Georgia 5-star wide receiver commit Jadon Haselwood, Gant responded with stellar play in the secondary.

“We came in there with a point to prove, so I had to set the example,” Gant said. “We played Jadon’s team later in the tournament and we just locked him up completely. He didn’t do anything.

“I was just bringing the energy and being a leader on defense. I know how to do that. I’ve been in those situations before, so I just had to keep the guys together. It paid off in the end.”

Gant is the latest elite defensive back to play for Ratliff, who also has coached Neal, Florida State safety Derwin James and Florida cornerback Duke Dawson. James encouraged Gant to join the Rat Pak during his sophomore year.

“He’s a great dude to be around,” Gant said of Ratliff. “He teaches me the game and he’s a great influence. He keeps it real with us and he never tells us anything wrong. I was blessed to have him in my life. I wouldn’t rather be with another team.”

Rat Pak is 20-3 this season and will compete in the adidas National Championship on April 1 in Los Angeles. Ratliff said some of his coaches disagree, but he believes this roster is his most talented 7-on-7 team.

“They tell me I’m just biased toward the new kids,” Ratliff said with a laugh. “I will say, Rat Pak means more to me than it did back then. I just wasn’t as emotionally tied to it as I am now. I was just getting done playing. I was still transitioning.

“In the back of my mind, I thought I still had a couple years in me. Now I’m 100-percent invested. It’s become my passion, my baby. I’m doing something Rat Pak related every day. I just want to give these kids something I never had growing up.”

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
This could be a good recruiting connection, one of his kids (from Lakeland) is committed to Alabama:
MEDIA=twitter]972954892355756033[/MEDIA]

I thought Gant decomitted in last few days?

I guess I could look it up, but...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Was Mac even able to get a 5* to return his calls? Mullen and his staff appear to be working their asses off.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Was Mac even able to get a 5* to return his calls? Mullen and his staff appear to be working their asses off.

My sources tell me he and the staff had resorted to those no-ring-straight-to-voicemail messages where the caller says, “anyways, call me back when you get this”, just praying they wouldn’t catch the 352.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.