Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Florida visit impresses top-150 G Keiondre Jones, Emory Jones’ cousin

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-recruiting-keiondre-jones-updates

Offensive line prospect Keiondre Jones visits Florida
Keiondre Jones is one of five top-200 overall recruits who attended Florida’s spring practices over the weekend.

The 4-star guard from Callaway High School (Hogansville, Fla.) was re-offered by Florida coach Dan Mullen and offensive line coach John Hevesy on Feb. 19. One month later, he visited Gainesville to check out the Gators.

“I had a real good time,” Jones told SEC Country of his visit. “This was my first time down with the new coaching staff. I saw everything that they have going on and it’s pretty encouraging.”

Jones arrived on campus Friday morning and spent two days on campus, watching both open practices and hanging out with several players. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound lineman is the cousin of Florida quarterback Emory Jones, who enrolled early in January.

“Emory coming to Florida kind of sparked my interest in the program,” Jones said. “But really, I’ve been talking to the new coaching staff. I hear from one of their coaches at least every day and they’re telling me to come block for Emory. There’s a revamped feel to the program, so I wanted to come check it out and I’m glad I did.”

Jones is ranked as the nation’s No. 7 guard and No. 133 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite. In addition to Florida, he also has interest in Auburn, Clemson, Mississippi State and South Carolina.

Jones also holds offers Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Miami and Ohio State. He claims no leaders and plans to make his decision in August.

“I’m just looking for that family feel and being comfortable where I’m at. A good education, too,” Jones said. “Florida definitely helped their chances with this visit. This is only my second time here, but last time it wasn’t like this. I’ll be back for the spring game.”

Relationship with Emory Jones
Jones has been recruiting his cousin to the Gators for three months and counting.

The former top-100 overall recruit flipped from Ohio State to Florida during the early signing period and let Keiondre know before his decision was announced.

“Emory has been hitting me up about Florida since the day before he signed,” Jones said. “He’s been after me since then and he’s been after me really bad now.

“We talk about Florida a good bit, but he’s not going to try and force me to come. He says if it’s the place for me, I’ll know it.”

Keiondre has been “pretty close” with Emory since he was 8 years old and they communicate on a regular basis. Jones said they haven’t talked as much in recent weeks, but he understands why.

“Him going to college, he’s kind of in his own little world right now because he’s trying to focus on what he needs to do here. I respect it,” Jones said of Emory. “He’s kind of glad that this is the way it worked out for him. He feels like this is the place for him and it’s where he should be. He likes the atmosphere at Florida and he loves the school.

“I’m just trying to find the same feel and Emory is helping me figure that out. It’s nice to have someone to talk to about the recruiting process. Emory knows what’s real and what’s fake. A lot of coaches don’t shoot you straight. So he gives me that perspective and I appreciate him for that.”

This kid sounds thoughtful and articulate. He needs to come to UF to be with his family, get prepared for the NFL if that is his path, and get a top notch education at the same time.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Oh, Mac knew to count to four, he practiced that A LOT. That's when you send the punter out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just got another low ranked commit, 3-star OT from Clearwater. 714th ranked recruit. Can someone post a link?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Has anyone looked at Ja'Markis Weston? He's a 3 star WR (6'4, 190) commit out of Clewiston,Fl that also plays DT and DE for his team. A portion of his highlight tape is him blocking.

:lmao:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ethan White is a physical run blocking guard. He’s perfect for Mullen’s power
offense. He’s also versatile in that he’s played every position on the o-line. That’s not easy.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
This kid's been on our radar for a few weeks. BIG kid. A road grader who really wants to play both G and C.
Seems like I saw some tape on him over at Hudl a few days ago and it didn't look bad.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
3 star, yes but 6’5” 315 is a big boy. We’ll see if he climbs in the rankings and see if his offer list grows.
The coaches can teach him everything he needs to know about blocking. What they can't teach him is how to be 6'5" 315 while still in high school.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Look, this isn't Gatorcountry! You can knock off the sunshine pumping. This is the 719th ranked recruit in the country. This is a Butters special. Period!

I like getting OLs as much as anyone. But you can't tell me UGA, Alabama, or Ohio State would take this kid.

It's way too early in the cycle to accept a commitment from a kid like this. We're taking 719 vs UGA's 55 or 88 or 123. It's apples vs oranges, when it should be apples vs apples.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Has anyone looked at Ja'Markis Weston? He's a 3 star WR (6'4, 190) commit out of Clewiston,Fl that also plays DT and DE for his team. A portion of his highlight tape is him blocking.

:lmao:

Dude, do you even know anything about high school football? Of course he's blocking, that's what they ask him to do. I'd prefer a 3 star from that part of the state to a 4 star from California. Those boys play big boy football in the muck. And at a small school he is going to be playing positions like that. I'm serious, do you guys watch tape and tell yourself you know anything?

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Look, this isn't Gatorcountry! You can knock off the sunshine pumping. This is the 719th ranked recruit in the country. This is a Butters special. Period!

I like getting OLs as much as anyone. But you can't tell me UGA, Alabama, or Ohio State would take this kid.

It's way too early in the cycle to accept a commitment from a kid like this. We're taking 719 vs UGA's 55 or 88 or 123. It's apples vs oranges, when it should be apples vs apples.

Love the ranking obsession. How has our highly rated OT from a few years ago worked out? It's too early to get so caught up with the national ranking of an OL. Kid has size, is a Florida player, and THIS staff likes his tape.

Wasn't it Meyers last class that was so star studded but was a flop? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator