Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Braylen Ingraham out of STA, an SDE, just committed to Alabama. How many SDE's are they going to sign this cycle?

They have (I think) 8 DL's committed (maybe 9). It's unbelievable. We can't get a DL to sniff our program right now (in the 2019 class). I really hope we add a DT and SDE before this is over. Right now we're fine on WDE's and "edge" rushers. We need the big fat-bodies.

I think there's no way Mullen will ever cut Billy loose. They're tied at the hip, same w/ Hevesy. It will be interesting to see if there's any coaching turnover this offseason. The only one I could see leaving on his own is Johnson (to take an OC job) or maybe Sunseri (to retire - but I think he wants to coach a few more years). Any others will have to be pushed out and I'm not sure if Mullen would do that.

leogator

May 5, 2018
That school has been a Gator pipeline for decades. It blows my mind how we have lost the state of Florida.
It is not just us. The Canes thought they had this one in the bag. His mother is/was a Canes fan.

Trey Sanders' mom is a Gator fan and his brother is on our team. If that is not enough, outside a bag of cash, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Don't be surprised if Stewart Reese Jr (Miss. State's right tackle) graduate transfers to us at the end of the season. Mama Reese wants her two boys playing in the same place (his brother is the younger David Reese) and she loves coach Mullen. If he really wants to be a doctor, UF Medical School has been partial to UF athletes in the past. This one has legs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't be surprised if Stewart Reese Jr (Miss. State's right tackle) graduate transfers to us at the end of the season. Mama Reese wants her two boys playing in the same place (his brother is the younger David Reese) and she loves coach Mullen. If he really wants to be a doctor, UF Medical School has been partial to UF athletes in the past. This one has legs.

That would be nice. We need the bodies on the OL.

On that note, I'm not so worried about missing at a couple of spots each year now that the new transfer rules are in effect. These kids can play 4 games, shut it down, and transfer and play the next year. They can pick and choose (cherry pick) their destination based on roster needs. Shuler, although a graduate transfer, is a great example of the kind of kid we could see. I imagine some of the lower ranked 3-stars who end up being studs at a Troy, FAU, or elsewhere and want to test their skills in the SEC would be all over the new transfer rules. If they start as a freshman & sophomore, they could play 4 games as a junior....then transfer and play the next year at their new school as a redshirt junior.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I’d argue the last position coach who put a competent group of WRs on the field was Billy, 10ish years ago. I’d look elsewhere for recruiting upgrades, but that’s just me.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I made the comment for historical context. How many WR coaches have we been through in the lost decade that have failed develop the group? I think the WRs look much better... with LESS than 12 months of Billy’s coaching. If the position isn’t difficult to coach, we went out of our way to find the worst 5-6(?) candidates out there.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Well, when you put it THAT way...

Edit: Wait a sec, what am I doing??? This is the interwebs... I’m right and you’re wrong!

leogator

May 5, 2018
It depends on whether he wants to play in the NFL or not. At his current weight he probably projects at guard. If he can shed some weight and be at 310# then he can probably stay at right guard. I just don't think he can make it at LT (I am talking about Stuart Reese). I am thinking 4th round.

Oh, Todd McShay has JT going in the first two rounds. I personally don't but then I am not an NFL scout. Come to think of it neither is McShay :bwahaha:

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I have a solid understanding of the basic Xs and Os, but I can’t pick apart the fine details. I know you have more insight because of your experience, so I’m not gonna argue because it’ll make me look stupid. I made the joke because there are lots of people here and on the internet in general who are apparently incapable of recognizing (or at least admitting) their limitations, which I find hilarious.

leogator

May 5, 2018
According to some posters over in Gator Country, Tyrique Stevenson will take an official visit to the Gators. I do think we are behind Miami and UGA but an OV is a significant development. I guess the reason we cooled off on him were grades and usually to officially visit you have to get your grades in order. It seems he has.

Now can we get Frak Ladson and John Dunmore back in the fold? Although if Mark Anthony Richards commits to us I will feel much better about WR recruiting.

While I'm on the subject, how come every year, 2-3 top receivers go out of state usually either to Alabama or Clemson? Do we not put enough in our bags or what?

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think there should be some discussion about losing Seider. In retrospect, is it that big of a deal? Obviously Seider brings a level of recruiting that none of our current coaches have, but was it worth letting him go for the continuity on offense, given the improvement and turnaround?

Given our current recruiting situation, I would error on saying we miss Seider. But...what do we think if we end up with a 10-12 class this year and top 7's every year after?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That would be nice. We need the bodies on the OL.

On that note, I'm not so worried about missing at a couple of spots each year now that the new transfer rules are in effect. These kids can play 4 games, shut it down, and transfer and play the next year..
This isn't true.

They still have to sit out a year (unless GT or family waiver).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.