Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
247 had Jake Allen as a 5 star at one point. I think Shytkowski too.

Thats what happen when you raise and lower star ratings every few weeks and with zero research.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
247 had Jake Allen as a 5 star at one point. I think Shytkowski too.

Thats what happen when you raise and lower star ratings every few weeks and with zero research.
Fortunately, Rivals has never missed on one of their ratings nor have they revised them more than once.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
I didnt put you in the Omar is a Semi! camp just yet... just advised you you were too new to be beyond reproach yet.

The Jones bros are the perfect QBs for Mullinz system and it is always great when we are stealing recruits from OSux and Bammer.

:chomp:

FWIW...I have not been on here long enough to know whether Omar or Kev are trolls or not. I am sure that there are legitimate reasons for you thinking that. However, I find the "Taggart has below a .500 record" argument to be intellectually lazy. Statistics need to be put in their context. Taggart did not light the world on fire at WKU and USF the first couple of years. I think that is a valid point, but I have read that Taggart philosophically changed towards the end of his time at USF and changed from a pro-style scheme to a spread scheme with downhill running concepts.

The offenses that Taggart has put on the field his last two seasons since the change in scheme is impressive. When Taggart had his starting QB at Oregon they were statistically the best offense in the PAC-12 last year. They were averaging over 40 points per game with their starting QB. But they also played the two best teams on their schedule without their starting QB. So, Taggart IMO could be good, but it is hard to tell at this point in time how good he really is.

I think the DC Taggart hired from MSU was a very good hire, OL coach was a very good hire. They'll have better talent at their disposal than they did at their previous stops. I'm not really impressed with anyone else he hired. They might be good recruiters (i.e. Kerry Dixon, Tim Skipper), but as coaches they haven't really accomplished much. We saw with McElwain how hiring recruiters who can't coach works out.

Top to bottom I think Mullen's staff is superior. Grantham was a pretty good hire. He is the most NFL-like DC in the college game IMO, and that will sell in recruiting. The 5* DE committed to UGA from IMG said at the game on Saturday he really loves Grantham's scheme because it is so NFL like. I really like what he did with MSU last year. To have them be top 10 in defense is impressive. Sunseri and Gonzalez are the best position coaches in the nation for their positions IMO. Warren is elite. Mullen and Brian Johnson will make for the best QB coaching tandem in the country. I don't think as highly of Knox, English (love the former DC experience), and Hevesy as the others, but they've worked with Grantham and Mullen before and they have pretty good resumes, so I am all for it.

And the other thing I am waiting to see is if Taggart will dominate recruiting because he is black. It is no secret that FSU tried to leverage race in their coaching hire. FAMU + black coaches in football and basketball...we'll see if FSU dominates recruiting because of it. So far it doesn't look like it is going to work. I think Taggart has to out recruit Mullen to beat him. I'll take Mullen and his coaching staff over Taggart and his coaching staff if the talent level is equal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fortunately, Rivals has never missed on one of their ratings nor have they revised them more than once.
Who said that?

Those are just examples that prove their interns dont spent even a few minutes watching hudl film about these kids and too much time reading tweets and worrying about who is "trending" that day.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Who said that.

Those are just examples that prove their interns dont spent even a few minutes watching hudl film about these kids and too much time reading tweets.
It wouldn’t be hard to find similar examples on Rivals. Maybe they don’t revise as often but not sure that’s always a good thing either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW...I have not been on here long enough to know whether Omar or Kev are trolls or not. I am sure that there are legitimate reasons for you thinking that. However, I find the "Taggart has below a .500 record" argument to be intellectually lazy.
By intellectually lazy you mean a fact that cant be refuted.

Taggart did not light the world on fire at WKU and USF the first couple of years. .
Or the last two years. In fact, Taggart has exactly one season w less than five losses and three losing seasons out of eight.

It is in fact intellecrually dishonest to call him anything better than below average in two terrible conferences.

You are also dangerously close to swallowing more Semi jizz.

Let me guess, youre a big fan of Rapeis.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
247 is way better than rivals. Having followed rivals for years they have aritificially inflated FSU recruits to sell more Warchant subscriptions.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
By intellectually lazy you mean a fact that cant be refuted.

Or the last two years. In fact, Taggart has exactly one season w less than five losses and three losing seasons out of eight.

It is in fact intellecrually dishonest to call him anything better than below average in two terrible conferences.

You are also dangerously close to swallowing more Semi jizz.

Let me guess, youre a big fan of Rapeis.

Haha...nope. Not a fan Rapeis at all. Think he belongs in jail.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
@Swamp Donkey I used to post over on the Gators rivals board, and even the posters who were paying for rivals subscriptions knew that the rankings were slanted towards recruits who were committed to FSU or who were leaning towards FSU.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Swamp Donkey I used to post over on the Gators rivals board, and even the posters who were paying for rivals subscriptions knew that the rankings were slanted towards recruits who were committed to FSU or who were leaning towards FSU.
I agree and I think there is always some of that on all the services. All are blowing Ugly right now and suddenly the state of Georgia has three times the five stars they have ever had.

We used to get the same thing. Guys got stars added simply by committing to us. These scouts are affected by opinions of Saban, Creyer etc. They just are and always will be.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
FWIW...I have not been on here long enough to know whether Omar or Kev are trolls or not. I am sure that there are legitimate reasons for you thinking that. However, I find the "Taggart has below a .500 record" argument to be intellectually lazy. Statistics need to be put in their context. Taggart did not light the world on fire at WKU and USF the first couple of years. I think that is a valid point, but I have read that Taggart philosophically changed towards the end of his time at USF and changed from a pro-style scheme to a spread scheme with downhill running concepts.

The offenses that Taggart has put on the field his last two seasons since the change in scheme is impressive. When Taggart had his starting QB at Oregon they were statistically the best offense in the PAC-12 last year. They were averaging over 40 points per game with their starting QB. But they also played the two best teams on their schedule without their starting QB. So, Taggart IMO could be good, but it is hard to tell at this point in time how good he really is.

I think the DC Taggart hired from MSU was a very good hire, OL coach was a very good hire. They'll have better talent at their disposal than they did at their previous stops. I'm not really impressed with anyone else he hired. They might be good recruiters (i.e. Kerry Dixon, Tim Skipper), but as coaches they haven't really accomplished much. We saw with McElwain how hiring recruiters who can't coach works out.

Top to bottom I think Mullen's staff is superior. Grantham was a pretty good hire. He is the most NFL-like DC in the college game IMO, and that will sell in recruiting. The 5* DE committed to UGA from IMG said at the game on Saturday he really loves Grantham's scheme because it is so NFL like. I really like what he did with MSU last year. To have them be top 10 in defense is impressive. Sunseri and Gonzalez are the best position coaches in the nation for their positions IMO. Warren is elite. Mullen and Brian Johnson will make for the best QB coaching tandem in the country. I don't think as highly of Knox, English (love the former DC experience), and Hevesy as the others, but they've worked with Grantham and Mullen before and they have pretty good resumes, so I am all for it.

And the other thing I am waiting to see is if Taggart will dominate recruiting because he is black. It is no secret that FSU tried to leverage race in their coaching hire. FAMU + black coaches in football and basketball...we'll see if FSU dominates recruiting because of it. So far it doesn't look like it is going to work. I think Taggart has to out recruit Mullen to beat him. I'll take Mullen and his coaching staff over Taggart and his coaching staff if the talent level is equal.
I'm sorry but I disagree with you about recruiting. Taggart won the 1st battle in recruiting and so far it's not even close for th 19 class. I'm not saying we won't finish with a higher class in 19 but to say his recruiting is not working is not right imo it's better than what Mullen has produced so far. That's not me saying Taggart was the better hire because I agree with the same talent I think Mullen is almost always gonna win I'm just saying so far hes outrecruitted Mullen.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
I'm sorry but I disagree with you about recruiting. Taggart won the 1st battle in recruiting and so far it's not even close for th 19 class. I'm not saying we won't finish with a higher class in 19 but to say his recruiting is not working is not right imo it's better than what Mullen has produced so far. That's not me saying Taggart was the better hire because I agree with the same talent I think Mullen is almost always gonna win I'm just saying so far hes outrecruitted Mullen.

Taggart is ahead in commits because a few guys pulled the trigger this week. Sam Howell and Dontae Lucas are two that I think Mullen would take. I'm willing to wait and see where Howell and Jones end up in the rankings. I think those two are a wash. I trust Mullen's evals on QBs. He was able to find 2 NFL starters at MSU and Utah. I expect Jones to rise because Mullen and Meyer both know QBs and both wanted Jones.

TBH Goolsby doesn't scare me. He's one of those guys rivals is bumping to sell warchant subscriptions. McRae...a guy with 2 ACL tears is a red flag IMO. Muschamp took a lot of those, and we paid for it down the road.

I'll be scared of Taggart's recruiting when he starts pulling in 5* players and high 4* players. Thibodeaux is one to watch. Not sure where Thibodeaux is leaning. Mullen was able to get him to cancel his FSU visit and spend an extra day in Gainesville, but then he rescheduled and came to the FSU spring game. Not sure where he stands after the FSU visit. Sanders is one to watch also. Mullen is winning that recruiting battle IMO.

I think we have a shot at flipping Dent, and I think we have a shot at flipping Nolan Smith from UGA. I also think we lead for Hunter. At this point in the game there are a lot of what ifs. I think we'll have a better idea how things are going come August, September, and October.

Last edited:

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017

I read this earlier today, and I think it explains why McRae and Goolsby are fools gold if you are an FSU fan. It also explains why I am not losing any sleep over Taggart's couple of commits after the spring game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Good posts @gatorplank . It will take you a little bit to get used to the personalities here, but it looks like Law (aka Swamp Donkey) has made his introduction to you!! :D

Keep posting and invite your friends from other boards. This board is like no other Gator board....you can basically say whatever the hell you want here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator