Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I’m simply thinking out loud but could it be that the guys that were previously commited to UF and have not come back simply don’t want to grind? I think this because they were commited to UF under Mac and his lackadaisical coaching style. I have also read that Taggart is bringing the fun back to Tallacrappy.

Some guys have gotten by on talent alone and UF will no longer allow its players to coast.

Did I mention I really like my orange and blue sunglasses?

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
OK...so to prove my gatorness which has been questioned by donkey, let me pump a little sunshine. Just read on another board (no source yet) that Jalon Jones ran a laser timed 4.45 at the elite 11. Dude will be 4* at least in the near future.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
‘They got that juice back at Florida’

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-reaction-spring-game

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida coach Dan Mullen and his staff hosted an elite group of recruits for the spring game Saturday.

Multiple 5-star prospects and top targets were on hand as the Gators racked up 65 points and 687 total yards on offense. SEC Country caught up with several visitors to get their reactions after the game:

5-star running back Trey Sanders, Bradenton, Fla.

“Every since Coach Mullen has gotten here, I can see a whole difference in the staff and everything. I just like the vibe up here, and of course my brother committed. So I came up here to support him and my family.”

5-star defensive end Nolan Smith II, Bradenton, Fla. (Georgia commit)

“I just came and wanted to enjoy the day. It was a great spring game. We came out here and it was beautiful. Guys are flying around and the coaches focus on the little details. I was paying attention to how they rush the passer and what moves they were using. It’s more of an NFL scheme and that’s what I would really love to play in.”

5-star cornerback Derek Stingley Jr., Baton Rouge, La.

“It was a nice spring game and there was no point during the day when I was bored. I got to see everything I wanted to see. … It helps out their case really good. This is my first game here, so getting to see all that bumped them up higher.”

4-star running back Noah Cain, Bradenton, Fla.

“I like the energy Coach Mullen is bringing back to the school. You can tell a big difference with the new staff. They got that juice back at Florida. That energy and that fire back, so I really like that. They’re trying to get Florida back to those glory days when they were winning and going to the SEC championship every year. Coach Mullen is heading in the right direction with that.”

4-star wide receiver Mycah Pittman, Calabasas, Calif.

“It was an awesome visit. It was a great atmosphere. A lot of people were there. The fans are crazy and the love is real. … I felt like I could go out there and play some receiver. Coach [Billy] Gonzales is telling me, ‘We need you at the position.’ He thinks I can come in and make an impact at Florida.”

4-star athlete Mark-Antony Richards, West Palm Beach, Fla.

“I talked to most of the coaching staff. They just want me here as a player and a person. I just wanted to hear what they had to say and give them an opportunity like I give every other school. They took advantage of that. Florida is up there for me now.”

4-star defensive back Tyrique Stevenson, Miami

“It was pretty exciting and pretty great. I saw the vibe and I liked it. It just feels better. I got an even better vibe than I got when I was committed. It just opened my eyes up to a lot. Coach Mullen told me he wants me at safety roaming around behind C.J. [Henderson] and Marco [Wilson].”

4-star safety Brendan Gant, Lakeland, Fla. (Alabama commit)

“It was a good seeing the difference with the coaches and the culture. They just want me to come. Plenty of guys from my county came here and they want to keep the tradition going. They want to get the program back to what it was with [Tim] Tebow and all those boys.”

4-star defensive end Derick Hunter, Fort Myers, Fla.

“What impressed me was just seeing the old alumni come back and support Coach Mullen and the new staff on what they’re doing at the University of Florida. They’re showing the players that this is a family, a brotherhood. To be a part of that and have the Gators logo on your helmet, it means a lot.”

4-star guard Keiondre Jones, Hogansville, Ga.

“It was good. I like the vibe up here, so I keep coming back. I really got to see the fans and talk to some of them. I’ve been comfortable with these coaches since they were at Mississippi State. I’ve known them for a long time and we have regular conversations. I’m pretty cool with all of them.”

4-star cornerback Chester Kimbrough, New Orleans

“It was a fun experience. Florida has always been in the picture for me because of their past history. They’re my leader right now. … Coach Mullen told me whenever I’m ready to jump on board, just tell him and he’s going to make it happen.”

4-star safety Cortez Andrews, Tallahassee, Fla.

“It was real good. I enjoyed the environment, the fans and the coaches. I like the safeties. They’re real aggressive and I like the coverages they’re in. I definitely see myself playing in The Swamp.”

3-star linebacker Marcus Tillman Jr., Orlando, Fla.

“It was a big crowd just for a spring game. I feel a lot better about the staff now that I’ve been up here with them. I know Florida is up there at the top, but I’m still looking at everybody.”

3-star guard Ethan White, Clearwater, Fla. (Florida commit)

“The offense looked good. They scored a lot of points. They were running it well and throwing it well. It was crazy to see over 50,000 people come for a spring game. Fans were all over the place.”

3-star linebacker Jesiah Pierre, Mount Dora, Fla. (Miami commit)

“It was amazing out here feeling the Florida vibe and how it is around the school. It was just awesome. The fan love and how much they care about football really stands out. You can see how much the coaches care about the players and the culture they’re trying to build here.”

3-star defensive tackle Renato Brown, West Palm Beach, Fla. (Miami commit)

“It was nice. The coaches have told me the atmosphere has changed and I totally saw that during the game. There’s a lot behind the coaching and tradition here. The stadium is amazing and it gets packed.”
Thank you for this. Great post

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2019/florida

So here’s the deal. I know that rankings are fluid and there going to be a lot of changes over the summer. All I’m saying is that we’re about to go into the summer with no kids in the top 50 in the state of Florida.

All of those WRs could drop over the summer. And new ones could take the places. We see it every year. We just need some news on the recruiting front.
Rivals late to the party like always. Goolsby is third at best in the state at WR. And it isnt really isnt close from 2 to 3. Ladson is a legit 5 star that i wish we could have gotten back.

I know what youre saying. Its definitely a bummer. No way to sugar coat it.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

This kid is a striaght stud. Again, 3 star who is going to be top 200 maybe higher. Apparently hes committed already but shooting a commit video.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
How will that convert in star rating?
4 star easily. The rivals thing is bs and stars coming in regardless of how they test move on. Very political. I hope he moves on as he tested better than any other qb but he may not. He will be a 4 star though at some point.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

I remember from stats class, there is no "100th percentile" - 99th is the highest possible statistical ranking that can be achieved. I would think a bump to 4 stars is a given. Wonder what he has to do to get to 5?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I remember from stats class, there is no "100th percentile" - 99th is the highest possible statistical ranking that can be achieved. I would think a bump to 4 stars is a given. Wonder what he has to do to get to 5?
5 star is what 247 deems as immediate impact players in college who also have obvious potential to be first rounders in the NFL. Obviously it doesn’t always happen. Jalon needs work on his throwing motion and footwork. Dont see him breaking the top 100 to be honest but hes a very good athlete.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK...so to prove my gatorness which has been questioned by donkey, let me pump a little sunshine. Just read on another board (no source yet) that Jalon Jones ran a laser timed 4.45 at the elite 11. Dude will be 4* at least in the near future.
I didnt put you in the Omar is a Semi! camp just yet... just advised you you were too new to be beyond reproach yet.

The Jones bros are the perfect QBs for Mullinz system and it is always great when we are stealing recruits from OSux and Bammer.

:chomp:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5 star is what 247 deems as immediate impact players in college who also have obvious potential to be first rounders in the NFL.
I always felt like immediate impact and future first round NFLer are often different things.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know what youre saying. Its definitely a bummer. No way to sugar coat it.
We will struggle recruiting WRs to this offense.

It probably wont matter.

Show me OL and running QBs.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always felt like immediate impact and future first round NFLer are often different things.

I don’t follow 247 because their ratings change with the wind. But rivals says that five stars is merely a player that will be an all conference player. Possibly all American.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We will struggle recruiting WRs to this offense.

It probably wont matter.

Show me OL and running QBs.
I expect this as well. Which made this last recruiting class so odd. So glad to have VJ and TG but not 100% clear on how DM sold them on transferring to this offense.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don’t follow 247 because their ratings change with the wind. But rivals says that five stars is merely a player that will be an all conference player. Possibly all American.
Jalen Jones seems like he has a legit shot at meeting that definition - based on his junior season and measureables. We’ll see if Rivals agrees though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.