Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our recruiting ranking went from what? 60th when Mac was fired and recruits were jumping ship left and right to a Top 15 finish in Mullen's first class. So yeah 60 to 15 means we signed some top recruits or else our ranking wouldn't have been as high a rise as that. Go Gators!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That’s not what you said. You said he is pulling in top recruits. Other than possibly Jalen or Abrams, none of the recruits in this class are top recruits. Stop with the bull****.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That’s not what you said. You said he is pulling in top recruits. Other than possibly Jalen or Abrams, none of the recruits in this class are top recruits. Stop with the bull****.

He is pulling them in...for a visit on campus :lol:

All the excitement around the visitor list and no commits. Hard to believe.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He is pulling them in...for a visit on campus :lol:

All the excitement around the visitor list and no commits. Hard to believe.

We all know it's early and we'll get our fair share. But right now, other than J. Jones, this class is full of FAU guys. I want to see 2 or 3 commits from legit 4-star kids. That will get the ball rolling. I really wish Jones had visited this weekend and committed vs. coming in for a scrimmage. With all the other talent on hand, his commit could have led to others (at the O&B game).

I think we get Sanders, Zipperer, and Elam from the state top 50. We might get Derrick Hunter and another IMG kid who are inside the top 50. If I had to guess, we get 6 top 50 kids. We need to start getting 10 or more, but it's a start.

The biggest 'recruit' to keep an eye on is Joe Burrow. If he comes in, we're a 10 win team next year. Otherwise, we're a 6 or 7 win team w/ another ugly offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And the other thing I am waiting to see is if Taggart will dominate recruiting because he is black. It is no secret that FSU tried to leverage race in their coaching hire. FAMU + black coaches in football and basketball...we'll see if FSU dominates recruiting because of it. So far it doesn't look like it is going to work. I think Taggart has to out recruit Mullen to beat him. I'll take Mullen and his coaching staff over Taggart and his coaching staff if the talent level is equal.

I've had the same thought. However, Mullen's staff is (and McElwain's staff was) more black than white. I know having the head coach being black is a bit different than a bulk of the assistants, but w 90% of the scholarship roster being black at most southern schools it's gotta be a factor.

On that note:

:racist:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
IMG prospect Josh Griffis announces commitment to Florida

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ct-josh-griffis-announces-commitment-florida/

Josh Griffis is once again committed to Florida.

The IMG prospect originally offered his pledge to the Gator program last season to Jim McElwain’s staff but announced Monday he was once again committed to Florida, now under Dan Mullen’s leadership.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Florida native is currently ranked as a three-star prospect in the 2020 recruiting class by 247Sports. He is coming off a visit to Gainesville for Florida’s spring game.

Here is Griffis’ announcement of his latest Florida commitment:

Committed to The University Of Florida but my recruitment is still open to any colleges

— Josh.G (@Joshgriffis10_) April 16, 2018

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is not a commitment. This is BS.

Agree. He also previously committed to us....

Hopefully this influences some of his IMG teammates. We can't catch a break at that place! Sanders is looking good, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm still predicting we get 2 from IMG this class.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
This is not a commitment. This is BS. This is like going steady when you're 13 and you expect it to last for a week or so.
Yeah. Well, it is for 2020. If he continues his glide path and sticks with us it'll be a good get. Needs a handler to help him with his freaking tweets, though!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
IMG prospect Josh Griffis announces commitment to Florida

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ct-josh-griffis-announces-commitment-florida/

Josh Griffis is once again committed to Florida.

The IMG prospect originally offered his pledge to the Gator program last season to Jim McElwain’s staff but announced Monday he was once again committed to Florida, now under Dan Mullen’s leadership.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Florida native is currently ranked as a three-star prospect in the 2020 recruiting class by 247Sports. He is coming off a visit to Gainesville for Florida’s spring game.

Here is Griffis’ announcement of his latest Florida commitment:

Committed to The University Of Florida but my recruitment is still open to any colleges

— Josh.G (@Joshgriffis10_) April 16, 2018
Is saturdaydownsouth retarded? Hes been committed for a year. he basically just announced hes a soft commitment right now more than anything.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
This kid is from Starke but transferred to Clay for his sophomore year and now to IMG for his junior year. This kid will blow up in they next year and it would be great to keep him, but sounds like teams are already in his ear. Our best hope is his private strength coach is a former gator.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to say that Im in a committed relationship but will continue to go on dates with other ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator