Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Any chance these are for recruits....:suspect2:

And good to see you posting again.
Thanks! If that's what it takes for us to start landing some Elite OL's/DT's/LB's then send them to me. I could afford to hook up a couple of classes rides and would definitely do so ;) Like everyone else here I'm tired of watching the current sh*tshow we field yr after yr!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It seems like 3/4 of the four stars and above who really like us are California kids.

Odd.
The reason why we're getting all this interest from the Cali kids is because of Ron English. Dude has SERIOUS Cali ties to all the big-time schools. He'll land a couple for us this cycle ;)

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Additionally, not sure winning the state is consistently possible like it used to be. Too many schools have ins now and the state of Florida doesn’t have the same state pride
It's not possible anymore and that's why you are seeing this staff cast such a wide net. As we've seen Bama/UGA/OSU/Mich/FSU/Miami get the majority of the top kids from our state and that will not change for the foreseeable future unless we start recruiting like they do. We'll either "Pony up" and start using the same tactics (on the trail) as the big boys or we'll continue to get ass throttled by them...its that simple! Btw...UF deciding to drag ass with the "all n one" is absolutely KILLING us right now! It will not be finished until 3 yrs from now so Foleys decisions are still biting us in the backside. That SOB has set this program back so far that it damn near seems he did so intentionally. No one (besides Tennessee brass) has made so many idiotic decisions that have hurt a program more than Jeremy Foley. It's unbelievable that he's still employed at UF :eek3:

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I've noticed that whenever a top recruit says UF is his "dream school" it ends up being a nightmare for us. o_O
Exactly...also if he mentions that "academics are a huge priority" then we're screwed :lol: if they mention either I go ahead and scratch us landing them.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Foley's actions WERE intentional. Saying he wanted a total sports institution was a way of saying he was going to completely screw the football team over after the inmates started running the asylum at the end of Creyer's tenure. It was all about control.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Think there is least a chance we can manage top 20 or even top 10?

I broke this down earlier in the thread, but I think we end up no higher than 12th. If we pull Sanders and another 5-star we could crack the top 10. But many of the teams ahead of us in the rankings will stay ahead of us. We have to jump 8 teams to get to 12. We probably jump 9-10 teams and 1 or 2 jump us. But that looks like a best case scenerio for this year's class.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I got to believe if we look functional this year on offense , and I realize that’s a big “if”, recruiting will improve for Mullen. I also believe he’s not going to be pulling in any top 3 or 5 classes ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I broke this down earlier in the thread, but I think we end up no higher than 12th.
I meant in the state. It would be nice to get more of the top Florida talent that SC or Wake Forest.

I know I have incredibly high standards.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I meant in the state. It would be nice to get more of the top Florida talent that SC or Wake Forest.

I know I have incredibly high standards.

I also did a break down of this.....and looking through Rivals list, we likely get 5 or 6 of the top 50 (and 8 to 10 of the top 100). If we can get Sanders, Elam, Zipperer, and Hunter that would be 4 of the top 40 or so. There's another 2 or 3 in the top 50 we have legit shots at. If we miss on 2 or 3 of those 4 it's going to be ugly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I also did a break down of this.....and looking through Rivals list, we likely get 5 or 6 of the top 50 (and 8 to 10 of the top 100). If we can get Sanders, Elam, Zipperer, and Hunter that would be 4 of the top 40 or so. There's another 2 or 3 in the top 50 we have legit shots at. If we miss on 2 or 3 of those 4 it's going to be ugly.
If this happens, Mullinz can look in the mirror and thank himself for ensuring he is gone in year three or four. All because he got rid of our best recruiter, probably recruiters, and replaced them with buddies instead.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Oh God, not the dreaded "dream" quote from Sanders!! NOOOOOOO!!!

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-recruiting-trey-sanders-brother-umstead-updates

Jeezus. We gave his brother a spot, his Mom is a lifelong Gator, and now this.

Mullen and Co. screw this up then all criticisms over dumping Seider and blowing it on the trail are fair game.

Hire who's effective, not who's your bud. Damn.

Says he wants to be on a team that runs the ball. Watch his azz go to UGA.:facepalm:
Kiss of death. Used us to get his brother a scholarship. Damn it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator