Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Oh God, not the dreaded "dream" quote from Sanders!! NOOOOOOO!!!

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-recruiting-trey-sanders-brother-umstead-updates

Jeezus. We gave his brother a spot, his Mom is a lifelong Gator, and now this.

Mullen and Co. screw this up then all criticisms over dumping Seider and blowing it on the trail are fair game.

Hire who's effective, not who's your bud. Damn.

Says he wants to be on a team that runs the ball. Watch his azz go to UGA.:facepalm:

Law says we don’t throw the ball in mullinz offense so he will be happy here

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Law says we don’t throw the ball in mullinz offense so he will be happy here

Sanders says he has to do what's best for him, despite Mom wanting her boys at the same school.

He gone.

On to Plan Z!!!!

If he runs to Kirby or Satan, oh well, everyone else is too. But if he goes to Slick Willie I'll puke.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oh God, not the dreaded "dream" quote from Sanders!! NOOOOOOO!!!

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-recruiting-trey-sanders-brother-umstead-updates

Jeezus. We gave his brother a spot, his Mom is a lifelong Gator, and now this.

Mullen and Co. screw this up then all criticisms over dumping Seider and blowing it on the trail are fair game.

Hire who's effective, not who's your bud. Damn.

Says he wants to be on a team that runs the ball. Watch his azz go to UGA.:facepalm:
:gah:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Sanders is solid imo, because he understands that he is a staple in this next class. He can make a name for himself here, and hopefully bring in some higher-class recruits. He could be a big star for UF, and hopefully pave the way for UF as we reestablish ourselves as a premier, championship program. Much like OSU did with Zeek Elliot. Of course, we will need to develop a QB, but a star RB would certainly help our cause.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that makes me shake my head is that Seider is a above all things a Doc Holliday protege, one of our best recruiters ever. Seider came up under Holliday at WVU (called UWVa for those who speak Instagator) and followed him to Marshall, then eventually went back to WVU. Holliday and Mullinz were on the same staff and were very tight.

I

Just

Dont

Get

It.

We were off to such a good start at the early signing period, and Mullinz fkkks it up. Self inflicted head shot. I hope he missed the brainstem but I'm not sure.

Hell, Seider almost fixed Butterteeth's recruiting. That says it all.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I also did a break down of this.....and looking through Rivals list, we likely get 5 or 6 of the top 50 (and 8 to 10 of the top 100). If we can get Sanders, Elam, Zipperer, and Hunter that would be 4 of the top 40 or so. There's another 2 or 3 in the top 50 we have legit shots at. If we miss on 2 or 3 of those 4 it's going to be ugly.
6/50 is sad

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that makes me shake my head is that Seider is a above all things a Doc Holliday protege, one of our best recruiters ever. Holliday and Mullinz were on the same staff and were very tight.

I

Just

Dont

Get

It.

We were off to such a good start at the early signing period, and Mullinz fkkks it up. Self inflicted head shot. I hope he missed the brainstem but I'm not sure.
Doc was a bad ass recruiter

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Dude, Mullinz ball is run, run, run, and run some more.

Of course it is. Which is why it will suck all that much more and the crazy will fly that much faster around here if he goes to the dawgs or clowns. Mullen will need two umbrellas for the ****storm of accusations that will follow if he whiffs on Sanders.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yea moving on from Seider is looking like a major fail. I’m always hopeful and know it’s early, but I’m not feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm told he was invited to leave.

Of course, he had many P5 offers. I'm just glad he didn't go to Clowntown. I fear they will continue to try to lure him back to Tally.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Think there is least a chance we can manage top 20 or even top 10?
I don't want to guess right now because y'all will rip me a new one if I'm wrong :lol: but if we don't have a top 10 class after this season that's going to throw up some serious "red flags" with me! I'm hearing some good things and some bad but I'll know more by the end of June. There's some smoke we're fixing to start landing a few so we'll see what happens.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't want to guess right now because y'all will rip me a new one if I'm wrong :lol: but if we don't have a top 10 class after this season that's going to throw up some serious "red flags" with me! I'm hearing some good things and some bad but I'll know more by the end of June. There's some smoke we're fixing to start landing a few so we'll see what happens.

M, glad to see you posting again. I posted this earlier in this thread. It's going to REAL hard for us to get into the top 10, or even top 12. See below, and I'd like to see your comments on how we get into the top 10-12 (as we are already behind the 8-ball w/ a class full of mostly 3-stars):

I'm doubtful we even get inside the top 12 and it's not necessarily a bad thing (this was discussed earlier in this thread, but I'll try to cliffs notes it):

We are currently ranked 20th on rivals:

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

- We already know that Alabama, UGA, Ohio State, and Clemson are likely top 10 (mostly top 5).
- FSU and Miami are very likely ahead of us (this is 6 spots).
- ND is having a good year and could end up in the top 10.
- Jimbo is at Texas A&M now (definitely a top 10 class coming w/ 6 4-stars already)
- You have traditional powers like Oklahoma (current #1 class), LSU (12th), Auburn (16th w/ only 6 commits), and Michigan, Texas and a few others all ahead of us already.

So, for us to move from 20th ahead of 12 of those schools to finish 8th is a pretty big push. There are at least three teams behind us that could also make a big move; Southern Cal, Tennessee, and Penn State (plus Washington). I can see us passing Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina (hopefully, at least), along w/ TCU, Wisconsin & Michigan State. Realistically, passing 8 schools and getting into the top 12 is a pretty big accomplishment. Chances are one or two schools pass us and we pass 5 or 6 and end up w/ a top 15 class.

Disappointing, I know. But realistic.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I also did a break down of this.....and looking through Rivals list, we likely get 5 or 6 of the top 50 (and 8 to 10 of the top 100). If we can get Sanders, Elam, Zipperer, and Hunter that would be 4 of the top 40 or so. There's another 2 or 3 in the top 50 we have legit shots at. If we miss on 2 or 3 of those 4 it's going to be ugly.
Hunter is UGA bound at the moment and as we speak i have Zipp ending up at Miami,Bama or OSU. Looks like those 3 are the major players in his recruitment. Now if we start Trask or Emory we'll have a chance to land him because they can ACTUALLY see the middle of the field. if Frank starts we have no shot with him because he only throws to the outside. Zipp wants the ball so he's not going somewhere that doesn't use the tight ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator