Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid has us in his top 2, w Va Tech. Big country boy from Georgia, Riley Simonds.

Listed as a 3-star on Rivals, #16 overall OG in the class (the #14 OG is a 4-star). Has a good offer list of Alabama, LSU, UF, Va Tech, Texas A&M, Auburn.

Simonds has two schools on top including the Florida Gators

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/simonds-has-two-schools-on-top-including-the-florida-gators/

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/riley-simonds-185142

Offensive lineman Riley Simonds (6-3, 324, Buford, GA. High) received a visit earlier this month and he says Dan Mullen and his staff has been in contact with him a lot.

“I talk to them once a day or every other day,” Simonds said of his talks with Florida. “It’s either Coach Mullen or Coach [John] Hevesy that I talk to. They’ve been recruiting me hard.”

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hunter is UGA bound at the moment and as we speak i have Zipp ending up at Miami,Bama or OSU. Looks like those 3 are the major players in his recruitment. Now if we start Trask or Emory we'll have a chance to land him because they can ACTUALLY see the middle of the field. if Frank starts we have no shot with him because he only throws to the outside. Zipp wants the ball so he's not going somewhere that doesn't use the tight ends.

So it's going to be ugly?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
M, glad to see you posting again. I posted this earlier in this thread. It's going to REAL hard for us to get into the top 10, or even top 12. See below, and I'd like to see your comments on how we get into the top 10-12 (as we are already behind the 8-ball w/ a class full of mostly 3-stars):
Thanks...Btw...nice work! At the moment I don't believe we end up in the top 12 but more in the 15-18 range. Now if Miami/FSU has down yrs (like I expect) we could flip a few from them to get us there but that would also take us having a 9-10 win season which is impossible with Franks at the helm. We desperately need Burrow to transfer in or Trask/Emory to win the QB job for us to have any shot at a good season/top 10 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks...Btw...nice work! At the moment I don't believe we end up in the top 12 but more in the 15-18 range. Now if Miami/FSU has down yrs (like I expect) we could flip a few from them to get us there but that would also take us having a 9-10 win season which is impossible with Franks at the helm. We desperately need Burrow to transfer in or Trask/Emory to win the QB job for us to have any shot at a good season/top 10 class.

Wow, that's lower than I project. I'm going w/ 12th, and I think that'll be a pretty good class. I'm counting on 2020's class to be top 10...or Mullen may be dig his own grave. The only way we can compete w/ those types of classes is with a dynamic QB (like a Deshaun Watson, Tebow, Manziel type). Otherwise we are just a middling top 25 team hoping for a 9 win season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, that's lower than I project. I'm going w/ 12th, and I think that'll be a pretty good class. I'm counting on 2020's class to be top 10...or Mullen may be dig his own grave. The only way we can compete w/ those types of classes is with a dynamic QB (like a Deshaun Watson, Tebow, Manziel type). Otherwise we are just a middling top 25 team hoping for a 9 win season.

Yeah I was thinking around 15th as well. I just don’t see how he’s going to make up ground. We are getting absolutely stomped in the state right now. And the only way you can make up ground is really regionally.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yeah I was thinking around 15th as well. I just don’t see how he’s going to make up ground. We are getting absolutely stomped in the state right now. And the only way you can make up ground is really regionally.
Yeah...we're getting "rim rodded" instate and it's not changing anytime soon no matter who the coach is. Our brand is **** right now and so is facilities! Hopefully we'll dig ourselves out this grave Foley threw our ass in ASAP and bring the brand back!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
:popcorn: :grin:

Can Mullen convince him to come here? He supposed to be interested in Nebraska as well, can Meyer restrict him from transferring to a conference team? It would seem like a dick thing for Meyer to do that, but we could really use his endorsement with the kid on this. If we could get Burrow, then don’t have to rush playing Jones like others have said on here. I’m just not confident that Mullen can pull it off.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Can Mullen convince him to come here? He supposed to be interested in Nebraska as well, can Meyer restrict him from transferring to a conference team? It would seem like a dick thing for Meyer to do that, but we could really use his endorsement with the kid on this. If we could get Burrow, then don’t have to rush playing Jones like others have said on here. I’m just not confident that Mullen can pull it off.
I think the most logical choice for Burrow would be to attend UF. I also think that Burrow coming here would help to solidify Sanders' commitment. This would be huge, because it would bring a tremendous upswing to our offence and recruiting. Mullin better make this happen.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I hear where you're coming from, Raid, but Mullen's already pulled off something similar, when he got Emory to choose us over Ohio State and Alabama. I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude, and staying optimistic. There are several good reasons for him to come here over others.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015

As a grad transfer his options are open.. Can go anywhere...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hear where you're coming from, Raid, but Mullen's already pulled off something similar, when he got Emory to choose us over Ohio State and Alabama. I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude, and staying optimistic. There are several good reasons for him to come here over others.

How hard of a choice is that? Buried behind two studs at Bama or 3 studs at OSU or none at UF?

Uhhhh...I'll pick...

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
How hard of a choice is that? Buried behind two studs at Bama or 3 studs at OSU or none at UF?

Uhhhh...I'll pick...

Nebraska is in the same boat we are. Their most experienced qb bailed and the others are raw and unready. At least they've not been talking about how they love their current depth the way Mullen has. This is no time to be coy. The kid has Nebraska roots. He ain't coming here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
As a grad transfer his options are open.. Can go anywhere...

That's technically not true. The school has to 'release' the player (this was discussed earlier in this thread, w/ a link the actual NCAA rule). So, that's usually when you read that a school restricted the schools a player can transfer to (such as "no SEC teams or any team on our schedule over the next XX years..."). This applies to all transfers; regular and grad transfers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hunter is UGA bound at the moment and as we speak i have Zipp ending up at Miami,Bama or OSU. Looks like those 3 are the major players in his recruitment. Now if we start Trask or Emory we'll have a chance to land him because they can ACTUALLY see the middle of the field. if Frank starts we have no shot with him because he only throws to the outside. Zipp wants the ball so he's not going somewhere that doesn't use the tight ends.

Here's some good news on Zip:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
247 released their updated CBS for the top 50 uncommitted players.

Not pretty for us. We only have two who are interested and Pittman is the only one solidly 100% to us. FSU is trending up with Sanders.:barfaway:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's technically not true. The school has to 'release' the player (this was discussed earlier in this thread, w/ a link the actual NCAA rule). So, that's usually when you read that a school restricted the schools a player can transfer to (such as "no SEC teams or any team on our schedule over the next XX years..."). This applies to all transfers; regular and grad transfers.
I totally missed this. I always assumed theu could go anywhere. OSU blocked him from anywhere in the conference, I'd like our chances.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I totally missed this. I always assumed theu could go anywhere. OSU blocked him from anywhere in the conference, I'd like our chances.

Yes, it's the rule....but Meyer would have to put the restrictions in place. But....Ohio State plays Nebraska in 2018 and 2019.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Here's the post about the NCAA rule (it's actually from one of the other Joe Burrow threads)...see the bolded part:

This is somewhat true, but there is a provision to block a transfer (see the bolded part):

https://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm

Graduate Exception
The graduate exception is a version of the one-time transfer exception. It is for student-athletes who cannot use the normal one-time transfer exception because they play one of the sports that are not permitted to use the exception.

• The student-athlete must have graduated with at least a bachelor’s degree;
  • The student-athlete meets the other requirements of the one-time transfer exception;
  • The student-athlete must have at least one season of competition left; and
  • The student-athlete’s previous school did not renew his or her athletic scholarship or offer an athletic scholarship for the following academic year.
The requirement that the scholarship be cancelled or not renewed is generally not an issue. The scholarship does not need to be cancelled before the transfer or be the reason for the transfer. Because the one-time transfer exception requires you to get a release, what will happen with your scholarship is generally just an administrative detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator