Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's how many are playing football?

Good catch. Not sure. Probably a lot less. Doesn't seem so monstrous when you put it that way.

I am pretty sure I want Mullen to get a top 5 class. However he does it, is fine by me. He's playing catch up.

There's more than two posters unhappy with recruiting btw. That wasn't directed at you, BMF.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Mullen scouting EVERY HS in FL. Genius move by him to keep a pulse on the ENTIRE state of FL to get prospects for the future. Its not about today, its not about tomorrow, its about creating a pipeline to the future! Go Gators!!
He's recruiting a lot of this:

bk_eggs_ham.jpg

Keep the propaganda pumping though. If you cant recruit now you can't recruit in the future. Going to every school won't change that unless Mullen cans Knox and hevesy and adds some elite recruiters and coaches.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He's recruiting a lot of this:

bk_eggs_ham.jpg

Keep the propaganda pumping though. If you cant recruit now you can't recruit in the future. Going to every school won't change that unless Mullen cans Knox and hevesy and adds some elite recruiters and coaches.
Actually, it will. It will move the needle. Hard work always does. What it won't do is turn CDM into a super recruiter and it may not produce the recruiting classes we think we need, at least for a few years. That means that CDM has to coach better than some of us skeptics think he can.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good catch. Not sure. Probably a lot less. Doesn't seem so monstrous when you put it that way.

I am pretty sure I want Mullen to get a top 5 class. However he does is fine by me. He's playing catch up.

There's more than two posters unhappy with recruiting btw. That wasn't directed at you, BMF.

That I agree with. Other than jboss, I'm not sure anyone is "happy" w/ it. It needs to pick up and it needs to get better than the 3-star class we're building. Like I've posted before, I think we move up to around 12th. That's not what any of us want to hear, but it's reality. We need to hope that the hard work they're putting in will pay off (and you have to admit the staff is working hard) - if not w/ the 2019 class, by the 2020 class.

This is another reason Burrow is important, imo. If we get him, we win - THIS year. And that alone will boost our recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At this point in the 2006 class, Tebow and Spikes were were leaning toward Shula and Bama and Harvin was pretty solid to Notre Dame.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
After Harbaugh did a 'satellite camp' at 100 schools a few years ago the NCAA clamped down (it wasn't 100, but it was ridiculous). They changed the rules to only allowing satellite camps for a week in June. Does anyone know where our staff will be? I remember last year they went to ODU (in the Hampton Roads area/Norfolk/Va Beach) and a few others.

Frost (or one of his coaches) will be at FAU & FIU for camps on the same day. The NU staff is doing 12 camps in 7 days (at least one coach will be at each of the camps):

June 2: Texas A&M (Adidas), Sam Houston State, Lindenwood. June 6: Kennesaw (Georgia) State (Adidas). June 7: Florida Atlantic (Adidas), Florida International (Adidas). June 9: Azusa (California) Pacific, Texas A&M-Commerce. June 10: USC Rising Stars Camp, Arizona State (Adidas). June 16: Kansas Junior College Camp (Adidas). June 23: South Florida (Adidas).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And speaking of recruiting 'gimmicks' (like the satellite camps), there's a story on SEC Country about Alabama taking 14 players from their "leadership council" to IMG Academy for 'lessons on becoming a better leader'. What a joke!!

So there's 14 Alabama football players ON the IMG campus w/ the S&C coach (Scott Cochran) for several days. That's 15 "recruiters" hanging out on IMG's campus. How the F is that legal?

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-football-team-leaders-leadership-group

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, it will. It will move the needle. Hard work always does. What it won't do is turn CDM into a super recruiter and it may not produce the recruiting classes we think we need, at least for a few years. That means that CDM has to coach better than some of us skeptics think he can.
Agreed. And he better figure out in a hurry how quickly he better hire some super recruiter Asst Coaches and pay them enough to keep them.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agreed. And he better figure out in a hurry how quickly he better hire some super recruiter Asst Coaches and pay them enough to keep them.

So, on that note. Hypothetically speaking, which of the current staff won't be here next year? I know Knox gets beaten up around here, but it seems they are "buddies" and not likely to get canned (hopefully he's not Mullen's "Nord" or "Nussmeir"). With what Grantham is making, I doubt he moves on unless it's a head coaching gig (and he seems like a Bud Foster, career DC). I doubt Billy G or Hevesy moves on. Maybe Robinson? He's only making $80K (but it's his first 'real' coaching job - he was a GA before taking this job).

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The calendar says we are still in May. The early signing period is not until 8 months away in December. Mullen still has time to recruit and get guys on board to come to UF. Go ahead and give up if you want but I am not. Mullen developing relationships and building the program. We have to have patience. Just like we want to see wins now but there are no games until September so we have to wait. Go Gators!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida Gators recruiting mailbag: May 9th edition

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-mailbag-may-9th-edition/

Thedynasty11: When do you believe Florida gets their next commitment? The barbecue on the 19th?

AS: The 19th is very possible with so many big targets expected on campus. The staff will definitely try and get a commit out of the event to set up momentum for the summer.

MrB-Gator: Is Jalon Jones the only quarterback for this class?

AS: Right now, I lean towards yes but as the season goes on that could vary well change towards adding a second one. A lot will depend on if anyone decides to leave the team if they don’t play much this year.

Scottb15: How much, if any, and who do you see shooting up the rankings out of our current commits throughout the camp circuit and the summer?

AS: Tyron Hopper and Jalon Jones are the two guys that I believe will rise up the rankings the most. Hopper has been very good at every camp he has been at and Jones is a guy that performs well at these camps. Both guys should see a rise in their rankings. It also wouldn’t surprise me to see Ethan White rise up the rankings as he’s a guy that teams are looking hard at after seeing him at spring practices.

Blake_usmc: Defensive back and receiver board? I know there’s a ton of targets and a lot of top talent interested? Who’s at the top and who’s realistically got a chance of coming to good guys? Does a guy like Marks have a chance of getting pushed out or is he solid?

AS: First let me say that the staff really likes Dionte Marks and he’s very solid so I don’t see him leaving the class. I’ll also start with the receiver board. Mycah Pittman and John Dunmore are two guys that Florida has a good shot with after outstanding visits this spring. Newly offered receiver Elijah Higgins of Texas is another guy that Florida has a legit shot at.

For the defensive back board Florida is in good shape with Chester Kimbrough and Kaiir Elam and are in thick of things for Derek Stingley, Jaden Davis, Cortez Andrews and Tyrique Stevenson.

Jonsantiago1: How many more kids do you see committing from now through Friday Night Lights?

AS: I would say close to five between now and Friday Night Lights. The summertime always produces commits and that’s also something that Dan Mullen has a history of. Mullen likes to push for commits in the summer so that he can have a lot of class finished by the fall.

Macbgator: What does our defensive line board look line and who are we most likely to sign as of today!!!

AS: For defensive end the Gators are in the mix for Lloyd Summerall, FSU commit Quashon Fuller, Derick Hunter, Derrick McLendon, D’Sean Perry and Nathan Pickering. They have the best chance with Summerall, Hunter, Fuller and Pickering right now.

At defensive tackle they’re in the mix for Patrick Lucas, Jaelin Humphries and Tyler Davis. With a good chance at Lucas and Humprhies.

Rajingator: Chances for Joe Burrow and your opinion of him as a player?

AS: If Florida decides to pursue Burrow than the Gators have a shot but there’s some talk that Mullen and his staff won’t pursue Burrow. I do think Burrow would be a good fit for Florida as he already knows the system and he gives you another player to compete for the position.

Ufgatordad: Trey Knox. A recruit that has gotten some of the most attention of any recruit over the past few years without actually ever committing. Any light you can shed on where he is in our board, the staff’s take on him, where he eventually ends up, etc.? Also, do you see him as a top 10 receiver nationally in this class?

AS: I think Knox is a very good player and one of the top receivers in the country but right now Florida hasn’t pushed for him. When Knox visits this summer that could very well change. Where he ends up is a question right now as even the kid doesn’t know. A lot of teams are pushing for him though.

Akfloridagator: Any shot at Quavaris Crouch ?

AS: Since Crouch hasn’t visited Florida yet, the chances of landing him are pretty slim. Clemson is in a pretty good spot for him and South Carolina has also made a move for him since he may end up playing linebacker at the next level. Florida needs to get him on campus this summer to have any chance.

74gator: Are we interested in teammates linebacker Rian Davis and defensive tackle Tyler Davis from the Orlando area?

AS: Florida has interest in both and has visited both but they haven’t pushed or recruited either hard yet. Florida hasn’t offered Davis yet either but that could change if he camps at Florida.

Gatorzfan: With all the California and Texas offers lately, do you feel chances to get a couple are realistic for 19 or 20?

AS: I feel like Florida will get a prospect or two at least from California this year but I’m not sure if they will land someone from Texas or not. Right now I lean towards no on someone from Texas. Florida has done a good job in California and are in the mix for guys like Ethan Rae and Mycah Pittman.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And speaking of recruiting 'gimmicks' (like the satellite camps), there's a story on SEC Country about Alabama taking 14 players from their "leadership council" to IMG Academy for 'lessons on becoming a better leader'. What a joke!!

So there's 14 Alabama football players ON the IMG campus w/ the S&C coach (Scott Cochran) for several days. That's 15 "recruiters" hanging out on IMG's campus. How the F is that legal?

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-football-team-leaders-leadership-group

JFC.

What we need to do is hire some slimy lawyer to go over the NCAA rule book with a fine toothed comb and come up with ways to circumvent it. That appears to be exactly what Saban and Harbaugh are doing. They're constantly one step ahead of the pack with the way they push the envelope. If the NCAA is going to continue to kiss Bama's ass and let them get away with this $h!t the only alternative is to beat them at their own game.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Florida Gators recruiting mailbag: May 9th edition

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-mailbag-may-9th-edition/

Thedynasty11: When do you believe Florida gets their next commitment? The barbecue on the 19th?

AS: The 19th is very possible with so many big targets expected on campus. The staff will definitely try and get a commit out of the event to set up momentum for the summer.

MrB-Gator: Is Jalon Jones the only quarterback for this class?

AS: Right now, I lean towards yes but as the season goes on that could vary well change towards adding a second one. A lot will depend on if anyone decides to leave the team if they don’t play much this year.

Scottb15: How much, if any, and who do you see shooting up the rankings out of our current commits throughout the camp circuit and the summer?

AS: Tyron Hopper and Jalon Jones are the two guys that I believe will rise up the rankings the most. Hopper has been very good at every camp he has been at and Jones is a guy that performs well at these camps. Both guys should see a rise in their rankings. It also wouldn’t surprise me to see Ethan White rise up the rankings as he’s a guy that teams are looking hard at after seeing him at spring practices.

Blake_usmc: Defensive back and receiver board? I know there’s a ton of targets and a lot of top talent interested? Who’s at the top and who’s realistically got a chance of coming to good guys? Does a guy like Marks have a chance of getting pushed out or is he solid?

AS: First let me say that the staff really likes Dionte Marks and he’s very solid so I don’t see him leaving the class. I’ll also start with the receiver board. Mycah Pittman and John Dunmore are two guys that Florida has a good shot with after outstanding visits this spring. Newly offered receiver Elijah Higgins of Texas is another guy that Florida has a legit shot at.

For the defensive back board Florida is in good shape with Chester Kimbrough and Kaiir Elam and are in thick of things for Derek Stingley, Jaden Davis, Cortez Andrews and Tyrique Stevenson.

Jonsantiago1: How many more kids do you see committing from now through Friday Night Lights?

AS: I would say close to five between now and Friday Night Lights. The summertime always produces commits and that’s also something that Dan Mullen has a history of. Mullen likes to push for commits in the summer so that he can have a lot of class finished by the fall.

Macbgator: What does our defensive line board look line and who are we most likely to sign as of today!!!

AS: For defensive end the Gators are in the mix for Lloyd Summerall, FSU commit Quashon Fuller, Derick Hunter, Derrick McLendon, D’Sean Perry and Nathan Pickering. They have the best chance with Summerall, Hunter, Fuller and Pickering right now.

At defensive tackle they’re in the mix for Patrick Lucas, Jaelin Humphries and Tyler Davis. With a good chance at Lucas and Humprhies.

Rajingator: Chances for Joe Burrow and your opinion of him as a player?

AS: If Florida decides to pursue Burrow than the Gators have a shot but there’s some talk that Mullen and his staff won’t pursue Burrow. I do think Burrow would be a good fit for Florida as he already knows the system and he gives you another player to compete for the position.

Ufgatordad: Trey Knox. A recruit that has gotten some of the most attention of any recruit over the past few years without actually ever committing. Any light you can shed on where he is in our board, the staff’s take on him, where he eventually ends up, etc.? Also, do you see him as a top 10 receiver nationally in this class?

AS: I think Knox is a very good player and one of the top receivers in the country but right now Florida hasn’t pushed for him. When Knox visits this summer that could very well change. Where he ends up is a question right now as even the kid doesn’t know. A lot of teams are pushing for him though.

Akfloridagator: Any shot at Quavaris Crouch ?

AS: Since Crouch hasn’t visited Florida yet, the chances of landing him are pretty slim. Clemson is in a pretty good spot for him and South Carolina has also made a move for him since he may end up playing linebacker at the next level. Florida needs to get him on campus this summer to have any chance.

74gator: Are we interested in teammates linebacker Rian Davis and defensive tackle Tyler Davis from the Orlando area?

AS: Florida has interest in both and has visited both but they haven’t pushed or recruited either hard yet. Florida hasn’t offered Davis yet either but that could change if he camps at Florida.

Gatorzfan: With all the California and Texas offers lately, do you feel chances to get a couple are realistic for 19 or 20?

AS: I feel like Florida will get a prospect or two at least from California this year but I’m not sure if they will land someone from Texas or not. Right now I lean towards no on someone from Texas. Florida has done a good job in California and are in the mix for guys like Ethan Rae and Mycah Pittman.

Whenever I read these Q&As it just confirms my belief that these guys definitively don't know $h!t.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I won’t argue that DM needs to manage his recruiting time wisely... However, some of you have been bellyaching about concentrating on recruiting the state of FL and after this story you’re STILL finding reasons to piss and moan.

And yet, I’m not surprised.

At all.
I don't think it is as much the process as just getting it done, or not as seems to be the case. Having to deal with the idea of being 3rd in the state and bottom half of the SEC is a little unsettling.
At this point in the 2006 class, Tebow and Spikes were were leaning toward Shula and Bama and Harvin was pretty solid to Notre Dame.
So what, Mullen is just laying back in the weeds like a coy gator waiting to pounce on these guys and flip us up to a top 5 class? Good to know.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Looks like those who felt South Florida recruiting would flounder when Mullen let all the previous coaches go were right. What's more, this author suggests it has been done purposely. Mullen isn't interested in kids from that area. So much for "getting into every HS in the state".....

http://gridironnow.com/gators-appear-to-be-de-emphasizing-south-florida-recruiting/2/
Whatever FSU and Miami are"pouring" over the recruits, I hope the poor abused recruits can find a way to get it off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like those who felt South Florida recruiting would flounder when Mullen let all the previous coaches go were right. What's more, this author suggests it has been done purposely. Mullen isn't interested in kids from that area. So much for "getting into every HS in the state".....

http://gridironnow.com/gators-appear-to-be-de-emphasizing-south-florida-recruiting/2/
Mehhhh.... SOS avoided the area too. Urban to a lesser extent. Most of those kids don't really want to leave south Florida anyway and the ones that do have trouble avoiding numerous felonies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So what, Mullen is just laying back in the weeds like a coy gator waiting to pounce on these guys and flip us up to a top 5 class? Good to know.
Look bro, I'm not optimistic. Mullinz has never been a great recruiter. Average at best. He was probably the worst recruiter on Creyer's staff.

I'm just saying it's early. You know I will bytch when the time is right and we are sure as hell digging ourselves a hole. Something like 90% of commits honor their commitments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator