Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He's been linked to 4 schools: UF, Cincinnati, Texas, and Nebraska - pretty much for all the same reasons (a coaching connection), but Nebraska has a family ties connection. If he transfers....and it's not to one of those 4 it will be a surprise. And Meyer can still block the Nebraska transfer.
Nebraska is out of the running Screenshot_20180510-192725.jpg

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Mehhhh.... SOS avoided the area too. Urban to a lesser extent. Most of those kids don't really want to leave south Florida anyway and the ones that do have trouble avoiding numerous felonies.

SOS had no issue recruiting Muck City....notably Reidel and Fred. UF basically conceded the Glades in recent years to FSU. Seider was going to reopen the pipeline. Opportunity lost.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Look bro, I'm not optimistic. Mullinz has never been a great recruiter. Average at best. He was probably the worst recruiter on Creyer's staff.

I'm just saying it's early. You know I will bytch when the time is right and we are sure as hell digging ourselves a hole. Something like 90% of commits honor their commitments.
Hopefully we don't get to he see you leading the bytch session (but if we do at least it should be entertaining), but it's not looking good. I thought maybe you were joining the group that seems to think Mullen gets a pass for the 2019 class for reasons I don't really understand.

The odd part is the way he avoided disaster and actually pulled together a damn respectable 2018 transition class, I was really looking forward to what he could do with his own staff and adequate time to compete. When the first few early commits were 3 stars I figured okay, filling some areas of need while the big fish aren't ready to commit yet. Then I kind of forgot about it for awhile and checked back in this week to see the only additions have been more 3 stars and we're ranked damn near the bottom of the SEC behind his old school, ,Mizzou and USC. That's...what's the word...unacceptable?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Nebraska is out of the running
Maybe I missed something, but by stating that most likely only Michigan and Mich St would be blocked, wouldn't that mean specifically that Nebraska could still be in the running?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Well...i just spoke with my source at UF and she said we aren't pursuing Burrow...Period! Mullen thinks he already has the QB we need going forward but she wouldn't tell me who it was at the moment. I'm hoping this info is wrong however I don't believe it is unfortunately!!!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He can go there if specific paperwork is approved by Meyer.
Maybe it's transference since I dislike the sombicth, but I get the feeling Meyer doesn't care for UF too much. So when given the chance, so he might release him to Frost just to stick it to UF.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well...i just spoke with my source at UF and she said we aren't pursuing Burrow...Period! Mullen thinks he already has the QB we need going forward but she wouldn't tell me who it was at the moment. I'm hoping this info is wrong however I don't believe it is unfortunately!!!

I saw a fair amount of speculation and grumbling here that we’re dragging our feet with VJ and Grimes waivers. Can your source confirm if the AD is on top of those situations?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I saw a fair amount of speculation and grumbling here that we’re dragging our feet with VJ and Grimes waivers. Can your source confirm if the AD is on top of those situations?
Yes...they're dragging ass as usual. Also...its not the AD who is doing so it's Admissions. Why? I have no clue!

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I don't see us getting much attention from the 5*s until we start showing something on the field. Btw, Spurrier did most of his recruiting on the field: top-level talent WANTED to come here.
This is why it's so important to get the pieces in place THIS YEAR.
We don't have to be world beaters, but I think we need to lay down a platform for success; these kids need to know where they fit, and until we start playing games, it's all just verbal salesmanship.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Our staff spent a bunch of time on the west coast right after they got here. They even went to Hawaii and made a few offers. It is odd (and imo, a waste of time). I've said this a million times in this thread, "Win the state, win championships". As it stands, we will be lucky to sign 5 of the top 50 Florida kids (several of the top 50 are IMG kids, so if you throw those out, we get 4 of the top 35 or so - Sanders is an IMG kid who I think we get). This staff should be at every Florida HS like they worked there! Staff, staffers, whoever the hell is allowed! Stop going to California - unless the kid specifically recruits us (like Jesse Palmer or Rex Grossman did). The only states we should be hitting are the southeast states (Georgia specifically).

Yep. I’ve said the same thing several times in other recruiting threads. If we recruited the top 100-150 kids in Florida and signed them proportionally (1-2 of the top 10, 1-2 of 11-20, 1-2 of 21-30, etc.), securing 16-18 Florida kids as our nucleus and then chery picked another 7-10 select 4-5 star players from select states (GA/NC/LA/etc)
we’d be set. It doesn’t seem that complicated nor does it need to be difficult. Why the hell they want to waste time and money flying to Cali, Hawaii and whatever other far flung places they’re going to is puzzling.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If you run north in the winter flashing that tan and showing pictures of your palm trees and pool, maybe some post cards of hot chics on the beach or lying by pool at student housing, its going to be exciting to most kids in the snowbelt.

I have no idea what we sell to Cali kids or why we want them anyway.

Bring copies of the “Girls of UF” calendar. Show them pics of the 12 hottest sorority girls on campus and then shut up...sales pitch is complete!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.