Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Let’s hope we get a few to pop this weekend. Been way too quiet lately

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

That sucks, but we're in good shape w/ DB recruiting. We need OL's & DL's now....and Sanders (or any other 5-star that wants to come).

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
That sucks, but we're in good shape w/ DB recruiting. We need OL's & DL's now....and Sanders (or any other 5-star that wants to come).

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/college/acc/florida-state-university/article211255539.html

Sanders is goin to FSUcks. No BBQ for him, he's going to sample the buffet at FAMU.

Turns out Daddy was a 'Nole and even tho Sanders claims to be a "momma's boy" re: his Gator mom, he keeps saying he's "got to do what's best for me." Combine this fluff with his "dream" quote about UF and anyone who is holding out hope for this kid is setting himself up for major disappointment. We've seen this movie before....

Let it go BMF or you're going to be really let down when he commits to Slick Willie. I'd be thrilled if we got him and would love to be wrong here, but right now it's all trending to the clowns with this guy.

Let's focus on Pittman, Zipperer and all the OLs, DLs, DBs and LBs we need right now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://www.bradenton.com/sports/college/acc/florida-state-university/article211255539.html

Sanders is goin to FSUcks. No BBQ for him, he's going to sample the buffet at FAMU.

Turns out Daddy was a 'Nole and even tho Sanders claims to be a "momma's boy" re: his Gator mom, he keeps saying he's "got to do what's best for me." Combine this fluff with his "dream" quote about UF and anyone who is holding out hope for this kid is setting himself up for major disappointment. We've seen this movie before....

Let it go BMF or you're going to be really let down when he commits to Slick Willie. I'd be thrilled if we got him and would love to be wrong here, but right now it's all trending to the clowns with this guy.

Let's focus on Pittman, Zipperer and all the OLs, DLs, DBs and LBs we need right now.

You're probably right...but if you're wrong I'm going to pull a Franz Beard on you and rub your face in it (he's famous for making 100 predictions, 99 of which don't come true...but the one that does he will remind you of it for a lifetime!).

Zipperer worries me. The recruiting guys are saying that he's going to take his recruitment into December before he decides.....and he wants to see how our offense looks. I'd love to land him, Elam, Hunter.....and Sanders (from Florida HS's). But again, this is why I keep saying I'll be surprised to see us finish higher than 12th in the rankings.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys have your panties in a wad over a TE?

Bring me linemen and some real SEC LBs (not that FIU crap we have on our sidelines now.)

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
There will be medicals, transfers, non qualifiers etc . Take 3 OL is a mistake imo. We need 5.

Agree. Ideally take 5 OL every year. You’re going to have attrition. If you recruit 5 OL every year you should have about 15 on the roster and 8-10 who can play. Get out of balance with that and suddenly you’re patching with JuCo’s or freshmen. (If a freshman is to start it should be because he’s THAT good and wins it over other good players.)

I prefer to see balanced classes with roughly all 22 positions (or position groups) filled more or less. 5 OL, 3 WR, 4 LB, etc. Of course you make some allowance for guys who change positions. In a given year you take more in a given group etc. based on projected needs. And every 3-4 years you need a punter or PK.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You guys have your panties in a wad over a TE?

Bring me linemen and some real SEC LBs (not that FIU crap we have on our sidelines now.)

Dude, we all know that. But we also need TE's. Most teams need TE's. Do you want more Moral Stephens or Kalif Jackson's? I'd like to see the TE get 30 or more catches per season. But yes, we do need lineman and LB's. No one is disputing that. Zipperer is a top Florida HS kid. For that reason only we need to get him.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Zipperer is a scratch also! Word coming out of South Florida is He wants to get out of the state of FL so l believe he ends up at UGA/Bama. Sanders will end up at FSU/Bama.

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Zipperer is a scratch also! Word coming out of South Florida is he's going to college out of state. He wants to get out of the state and he'll end up at UGA/Bama.

Wow. Question now is whether a lot of this is the result of the previous two regimes or Dan has incurred some self-inflicted wounds with his hiring/firing decisions after last early signing day. His margin for error is so small in every phase.

And now more good news: https://247sports.com/college/flori...Florida-Gators-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-118327029

Sanders says, "I was supposed to go down for the cook-out this weekend, but I got to study for exams.”

giphy.gif

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Wow. Question now is whether a lot of this is the result of the previous two regimes or Dan has incurred some self-inflicted wounds with his hiring/firing decisions after last early signing day. His margin for error is so small in every phase.

And now more good news: https://247sports.com/college/flori...Florida-Gators-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-118327029

Sanders says, "I was supposed to go down for the cook-out this weekend, but I got to study for exams.”

giphy.gif
Sanders isn't coming to UF unless we start recruiting like the big boys $$$$. It's that damn simple!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

I really hope for a big turnaround on and off the field for UF but right now I'm not seeing a path to a top 15 class. Pittman looks to be the only difference maker who seems most interested in us. No fire with anyone else.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interesting recruiting note: QB coach Brian Johnson offered Eastside QB Anthony Richardson (a 2020 prospect). He has offers from Louisville, FAU, USF, BC. He's 6'4 210lbs, passed for 1,234 passing yards, 470 rushing yards and 23 total touchdowns.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting recruiting note: QB coach Brian Johnson offered Eastside QB Anthony Richardson (a 2020 prospect). He has offers from Louisville, FAU, USF, BC. He's 6'4 210lbs, passed for 1,234 passing yards, 470 rushing yards and 23 total touchdowns.

Homegrown!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They won't...theyll give him a f'ing scholarship anyway. We can't land top tier recruits anymore so we just take whatever garbage is thrown our way. $hits pathetic!
Man at this keeps circling the drain another year going back to Houston Baptist and other division 3 schools trying to get some high school backups again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.