Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well boys, it’s the day we’ve all been waiting for...July 31st! Now sit back and wait for the commits to pour in!

:grin:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
To those who keep crowing about all Dan needs to do is win: classes at State and each years wins:

09:#25 5 wins
10: #38 9 wins
11: #44 7 wins
12: #30 8 wins
13: #26 7 wins
14: #37 10 wins
15: #16 9 wins
16: #34 6 wins
17: #27 8 wins
Winning on the field has little impact on recruiting

Not exactly my conclusion. His best recruiting class is the one that followed his best season. I think recruiting improves if you have a significant improvement in performance that creates a national buzz like getting ranked 1 in AP sometime during the season. But yeah, if you are hoping that recruiting will improve from an 8 win season, it's not gonna happen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just wanted to point out that not one 2019 recruiting class member is committed. To anyone. A verbal means as much as a friendship ring in mid-school. Not sayin' we'll top 10 or even top twenty but this whole recruiting thing just vaporware.
Yes, favorite pumpthink, but in reality about 95% honor their verbals unless a head coach gets fired.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no doubt that on the field performance helps. The question is to what degree. If Mullins wins 10+ games this year with this roster, there will be some interest. I think back to Mac’s first season and prior to the Grier debacle, we were competing and favored for some big names. The wheels came off and recruiting never got off the ground really.

But you need the recruits to hear young guys names for a couple reasons. 1) so they know you’re willing to play the best player 2) so they know you have some level of sustainability.

I think the success of this class will depend on the on field success, because it’s not being helped by the actual recruiters, with rare exceptions.

I think the over under is 20. So if we’re 6-6, I expect the 20th ranked class. I’d say 10 is the ceiling and 35 is the floor.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The fact is a top 10 finish in the polls should create significant buzz going by several writers he showed be in the 8-10 win range but losing to FSU and UGA in spectacular fashion won’t generate anything at all we’ll still be stuck being a mediocre top 10 program that can’t win big games and honestly I watched the MSU Bama game from last year and if he can sustain that kind of game planning great if he lays an egg like he did only scoring 3pts against UGA w this team we’ll be stuck in the lower tier of not only recruiting but there will be less respect for the brand in recruits eyes than there is now...funny thing no matter how bad richt lost against us and auburn he still made up for it with excellent recruiting...we don’t have that luxury obviously so beating FSU is a MUST this season

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just wanted to point out that not one 2019 recruiting class member is committed. To anyone. A verbal means as much as a friendship ring in mid-school. Not sayin' we'll top 10 or even top twenty but this whole recruiting thing just vaporware.
I think someone posted that 90%+ of commitments stick. That's a pretty high sticky rate. Vaporware?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
As terrible as ole miss is gonna be they’re flipping a wr from MSU

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What gets said most frequently on TV creates a +buzz or a -buzz. Recruits hearing we've lost x in a row to FSU and our low scoring was embarrassing, think they'd be laughed at for choosing UF. Similar denigration on TV when the Florida-Georgia pre-game publicity promos get broadcasted. UF's hopelessness gets broadcast !! DM has gotta stop that trend.

Many factors are involved. You're even better promoted when you have consistent "on-field" heroes, leaders = desired teammates. The 2018 winning plus on-tv joy seen in playing football as a Gator is about the only effect DM can have to elevate recruiting out of the doldrums. It's been all bad weather for UF for too long. Our forecast is cloudy to prospects.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well boys, it’s the day we’ve all been waiting for...July 31st! Now sit back and wait for the commits to pour in!

:grin:

Recruits? Who cares about recruits? Today's the day I become the proud owner of that super spiffy GatorChatter hoodie!

:proud:

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is no doubt that on the field performance helps. The question is to what degree. If Mullins wins 10+ games this year with this roster, there will be some interest. I think back to Mac’s first season and prior to the Grier debacle, we were competing and favored for some big names. The wheels came off and recruiting never got off the ground really.

But you need the recruits to hear young guys names for a couple reasons. 1) so they know you’re willing to play the best player 2) so they know you have some level of sustainability.

I think the success of this class will depend on the on field success, because it’s not being helped by the actual recruiters, with rare exceptions.

I think the over under is 20. So if we’re 6-6, I expect the 20th ranked class. I’d say 10 is the ceiling and 35 is the floor.

What makes you think that? If you found a case where the recruiting really jumped up a lot more than the average because of on the field results that year or the next it would be the exception not the rule. Heck Mullen's own track record at MSU showed no correlation at all between the two. His good 2nd year on the field was when he got one of his worst classes afterwards.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you think that? If you found a case where the recruiting really jumped up a lot more than the average because of on the field results that year or the next it would be the exception not the rule. Heck Mullen's own track at MSU showed no correlation at all between the two. His good 2nd year on the field was when he got one of his worst classes afterwards.
**** Mullin. Quit using his experience. He’s a sh1t recruiter. My point was that on the field results matter. They matter less with Mullin because he too Sh1tty to capitalize. Look at Meyer. His avalanche happened after he beat FSU his first year. Kids saw promise and he knew how to parlay that into a class. Hell, he had that weekend setup for a win against FSU. If FSU wins that game, his class changes. But we won and he captured that excitement and turned it into commitments. He didn't say take your visits, he said you won’t get better than this so just plant your flag now.

Look at Mullins...ha. Look at the spectrum. He could end up in the 30’s.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Basically a month till kickoff. Really looking forward to it. Can never go wrong on a long weekend in Gainesville. Bellyed up at the Salty Dog; outdoors at The Swamp, rooftop at The Social....throw in a sub from Larry’s. Good food, plenty of libations and a sea of orange and blue. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Kids are adults now...been awhile...maybe I’ll make them drive around with me to look at all my old residences one last time. Mama won’t go though.

Seriously though I will take a ride through the campus. Brings it all back every time.

Let’s go Gators....it’s going to be a great season.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Basically a month till kickoff. Really looking forward to it. Can never go wrong on a long weekend in Gainesville. Bellyed up at the Salty Dog; outdoors at The Swamp, rooftop at The Social....throw in a sub from Larry’s. Good food, plenty of libations and a sea of orange and blue. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Kids are adults now...been awhile...maybe I’ll make them drive around with me to look at all my old residences one last time. Mama won’t go though.

Seriously though I will take a ride through the campus. Brings it all back every time.

Let’s go Gators....it’s going to be a great season.

I wish I shared your optimism, Marine! After so many years of struggles, I’m just hoping to see signs of life (especially on offense) that will make Gator FB fun again... and grab the attention of some top recruits.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
**** Mullin. Quit using his experience. He’s a sh1t recruiter. My point was that on the field results matter. They matter less with Mullin because he too Sh1tty to capitalize. Look at Meyer. His avalanche happened after he beat FSU his first year. Kids saw promise and he knew how to parlay that into a class. Hell, he had that weekend setup for a win against FSU. If FSU wins that game, his class changes. But we won and he captured that excitement and turned it into commitments. He didn't say take your visits, he said you won’t get better than this so just plant your flag now.

Look at Mullins...ha. Look at the spectrum. He could end up in the 30’s.

I think Meyer was a good recruiter and just took off his 2nd class like most of the good recruiters do. I am in the camp that early on the field results have almost zero to do with recruiting.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Meyer was a good recruiter and just took off his 2nd class like most of the good recruiters do. I am in the camp that early on the field results have almost zero to do with recruiting.
It’s all in the hands of the recruiter. We could win a NC and Mullins couldn’t take advantage. However, if we suck like Mac’s teams, he won’t be able to mitigate it either.

It’s been said on here numerous times, kids want to win championships and be on TV. That starts with onfield results. Doesn’t have to be W/L’s but they look at what’s on the field to some extent. We just don’t have a staff that knows how to take advantage

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
Maybe Dan Mullen's offense is pushing away recruits who only want to play in a pro style system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.