@TheDraftNetwork: Official 2022 College Football Playoff

What do you guys think?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It is a sad fact Georgia is good and should win it all. Of course, it's college football and anything can happen. I really don't want to see OSU winning either.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So Ohio State plays one real team this season and in the process gets their schit pushed back in until it comes out their eyeballs and are rewarded with a playoff spot for it. Seems legit.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I’m glad UGAy has to play OSU first and not Tcu, I’m sure UGAy still wins, but Osu has a better shot than Tcu. Would’ve rather seen them put Bammer in there with Osu.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I never thought I'd have to root for Ohio State. I don't like it.
If UGA wins you will most likely be rooting for Meatchicken in championship game. I'm all in for the Big 12 champs TCU! What? They aren't the Big 12 Champs? WTF is going on out there.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UGAly will finish off any schit that needs to be pushed in on daOSU. TCU is the least of the hated remaining of the teams. Meatchicken will likely beat them and we'll have a UGAly Booger Eating National Championship game. The only scenario that wouldn't bother me would be for TCU to win it all. But not very realistic that it happens. But who knows.

Who Knows Idk GIF

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I still think only the top 4 highest-ranked conference champs should be eligible. That would make it UGA, Michigan, Utah, and Clemson. And to me, that would actually be more interesting than the 4 we got. TCU sucks balls and choked, and OSU got completely blown out when it mattered most.

To have a shot at being declared the "best", you have to win your conference. Period. How can you possibly crown a national champion that didn't even win their conference?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I still think only the top 4 highest-ranked conference champs should be eligible. That would make it UGA, Michigan, Utah, and Clemson. And to me, that would actually be more interesting than the 4 we got. TCU sucks balls and choked, and OSU got completely blown out when it mattered most.

To have a shot at being declared the "best", you have to win your conference. Period. How can you possibly crown a national champion that didn't even win their conference?

I agree. And we’ve done it 3 times(I think) in the first 8 years. I also think a 3 TD type beating should also be an automatic disqualification. That also doesn’t seem to matter.

The only thing I’ll throw the committee is for those of us who have been against expansion because of the damage it would do to the regular season, they get it partly right with TCU over Alabama. I think the Tide would crush them, but it doesn’t matter. The frogs took care of their business in the regular season, won their division at least(Ala did neither) and beat a comparable opponent(Texas) in more convincing fashion. I agree that they are not that good, but it at least means the regular season matters. Ohio State getting in is wrong, but they see 1 loss as better than 2. Really, all this year does is once again make the argument that we don’t even need 4 that much more emphatic. When you have to just fill spots to fill spots, you’re making our point.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The CFP should have had the option to not hold a playoff. There's absolutely no reason to have one this year.

And I love that Saban is all butthurt about not getting in.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017

How can you not be a huge Max Duggan nutswinger after watching that game? Kid is everything our QB wasn’t. Played on a broken foot last season and had heart surgery in 2020 before playing that season as well. He was a madman Saturday, literally running himself into the ground to try and win. Just watch clip below, especially after 2 min mark. After watching our QB try everything he could not to run this year it was refreshing and I was pretty impressed. Hope they win it all and he wins The Heisman!

Heart Surgery, Foot Injuries, a Demotion to Backup—Max Duggan Overcame Them All

If he thought it would be smooth sailing after that, he quickly found out otherwise in the shortened 2020 pandemic season. During a preseason COVID-19 screening, Duggan learned that he had been born with a heart condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, and that it required surgery. “It put catheters through my neck and groin,” he said. “I had a nine-hour procedure. And then two days later, I had a blood clot from the surgery, so I had to go into emergency surgery right after that. It kind of just puts a stop in your life.

He didn’t start the opening game that season, but Duggan came off the bench to throw three touchdown passes in a 34–31 loss to Iowa State. He played most of the next season with a broken bone and torn tendon in one foot. He was seen on campus limping to class without the prescribed protective bootbecause he didn’t want photographs to end up on social media.

When surgeons went in for the repair work after the season, they couldn’t believe he was able to tolerate the pain of such an injury throughout his junior year. “I don’t think a lot of people know I didn’t practice at all,” he told the Associated Press. “So I literally would get shot up [with painkillers] and hopefully try to gut it out. So it was, it was pretty difficult.”

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The CFP should have had the option to not hold a playoff. There's absolutely no reason to have one this year.

And I love that Saban is all butthurt about not getting in.

I like this idea. Not in any way practical or going to happen, but it makes sense. Sometimes it’s simply unnecessary. That said, I do like the idea of uga having to win 2 more to claim the title. So let’s not start that until next year.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If UGA wins you will most likely be rooting for Meatchicken in championship game. I'm all in for the Big 12 champs TCU! What? They aren't the Big 12 Champs? WTF is going on out there.
And so the conference championship loss was overlooked. Why, were 5 and 6 less impressive? I have not been paying attention since we lost to fsu. I did not know who won the sec until last night. Maybe 5 and 6 has two losses each so....

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

Was just about to say this. The 4 team playoff got exposed big time this year. I hope michigan and osu are in the finals and Michigan stomps them again, then gives the middle finger to the committee

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator