Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Seems like a lot of this and that today. If Vandy makes a change we would have missed 2 of their 3 normal weekend guys, but that is baseball. Regarding Waldrep if he does not pitch today, perhaps he starts on Thursday at KY, thus giving Sproat his normal rest so he can start on Friday.
That would be the ideal scenario. We certainly have enough arms in the pen to cover today if they continue with strike throwing.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Owen is a lefty and Carter is a righty. Seems like we typically do better against righty's.
Vandy plays Arkansas in Nashville next. Maybe Corbin is saving Owen for that. But this game may determine the winner of the east. Either way, both teams should be a top 8 seed

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Owen is a lefty and Carter is a righty. Seems like we typically do better against righty's.
Vandy plays Arkansas in Nashville next. Maybe Corbin is saving Owen for that. But this game may determine the winner of the east. Either way, both teams should be a top 8 seed
Agreed, being top 8 is much more important that winning the East, etc. We go to KY and our previous 2 road trips in the SEC have been lets say, horrendous. It is not easy to win on the raod in the SEC I get that, but we just seem to completely fall apart. Yes we swept Ole Piss early, but lets be honest Ole Piss is awful. We took 2 of 3 from Tinerc, but Tinerc was struggling then. But hey you play who you play when you play them. The team just seems unable or maybe it is unwilling to make adjustments in game on the road than they are at home?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We aren't a lock for a top 8 right now. Predictions this past week were anywhere between 9-11. That was before this series started. I'd say this week we are back within bc of vandy wins but lay another egg next weekend and the convo starts over. They really need to finish strong. Kentucky is playing well right now so we better be dialed in.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Absolute domination by Cags on the bump today. This is what we have been waiting for and why Sully kept going with him. What a performance!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When cags is on he might be the best pitcher in baseball. Unreal how dominant when he brings his best.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For those more baseball minded (The only baseball I watch is the gators), does pulling double duty wear on Cags throughout the year?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
For those more baseball minded (The only baseball I watch is the gators), does pulling double duty wear on Cags throughout the year?
His response and I quote "I've done it my whole life". It's a valid question, he is a physical specimen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A great weekend and hope they can carry that on the road. As we saw last weekend there was a glimpse that Cags was coming around as his misses were much nearer the plate. Today I noticed 2 things and I am not a baseball technician guy, but many of his best fastballs were 93-94 where as earlier in the year he was always 96-98, so maybe he is throwing more fluid, And today it did not appear that Cags was trying to make the perfect pitch and perhaps that was from the pitch calling. He tried to make one perfect pitch to a righty late in his outing and really come in on him and he hit the guy. In his previous starts he often seemed to be trying to really move guys back, expecially righties. Maybe they just decided that his control is not nearly good enough to try and be perfect. Whatever it was, just giving two free passes was the best part of the outing in my opinion.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Always can count on DZ to come around when the money is on the table at tourney time :grin:. He is good at avoiding the roller coaster and in all honesty it is probably the way to go. :fistbump:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They have him on 1st so he's rarely throwing. And it doesn't take much out of you to bat. Most pitchers don't bat not bc it's extra wear but bc they spend all their time repping pitches at these levels and end up hitting like sht bc of it. Hitting well takes a ton of reps. Lay off for just a few days and it's like you haven't hit in a month.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Always can count on DZ to come around when the money is on the table at tourney time :grin:. He is good at avoiding the roller coaster and in all honesty it is probably the way to go. :fistbump:
True, but what about DN? Haven't heard from him in a while.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Sat behind home plate today, Cags was a savage. From my view it seemed about 5-6 Vandy batters got 4 strikes vs Cags. Still can’t figure out why have instant replay when you clearly see they should change the call and they do not. It was the definition of interference tagging out Cade at home. There was nowhere for him to touch the base. I, on the other hand, would have never sent him home with Cags coming up.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sat behind home plate today, Cags was a savage. From my view it seemed about 5-6 Vandy batters got 4 strikes vs Cags. Still can’t figure out why have instant replay when you clearly see they should change the call and they do not. It was the definition of interference tagging out Cade at home. There was nowhere for him to touch the base. I, on the other hand, would have never sent him home with Cags coming up.
He shouldn't have been sent. The ball was in the air before he even rounded 3rd. As soon as he started to turn I was like, "well that was stupid. He's gonna be out."

The reason they confirmed the call was bc despite the base path block, the ball was in the catchers hands long before the runner was close meaning the block was irrelevant. He was out bc it was a terrible call to send him home. But at least we're aggressive now and it didn't matter in the end.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Durty is correct. A catcher can block the plate when he has possession of the ball which he had. The fact that the catcher was awaiting the ball directly in front of the plate had no bearing on the play as Kurland was in a different zip code at that time.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He shouldn't have been sent. The ball was in the air before he even rounded 3rd. As soon as he started to turn I was like, "well that was stupid. He's gonna be out."

The reason they confirmed the call was bc despite the base path block, the ball was in the catchers hands long before the runner was close meaning the block was irrelevant. He was out bc it was a terrible call to send him home. But at least we're aggressive now and it didn't matter in the end.
That was a specialty that Craig Bell owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.