Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What a weekend. No better time for pitching to come around than in May. Let’s keep this up!

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Always can count on DZ to come around when the money is on the table at tourney time :grin:. He is good at avoiding the roller coaster and in all honesty it is probably the way to go. :fistbump:
I would be there with you at most games if I live in Gville my friend, but your right probably best stay a distance away. We all know how good UT was to crap bed and how bad Ole Miss was then went on a run to win it all.

We stayed healthy for the most part which is very hard to do, Now lets go take 2 next week and win a few in tournament but ultimate goal is Top 8 for now. I think 2/3 next week gets it done regardless of tournament

Go Gators

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Based on the South Carolina and TAM series I didn't think we had a chance to take the Vandy series much less a sweep. Will the team still be on the roller coaster or have they found their stride? Either way, this sweep is very encouraging.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Based on the South Carolina and TAM series I didn't think we had a chance to take the Vandy series much less a sweep. Will the team still be on the roller coaster or have they found their stride? Either way, this sweep is very encouraging.
I would have thought the same but home and away is such a mental thing around this league it seems like. But to me this weekend came down to one simple fact. 25 innings of baseball and our pitching staff issued 10 free passes between walks and hit batters. I would almost venture a guess taht we average almost 10 free passes per 9 inning game prior to this weekend.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
200w.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
back up to #4 in the polls and a national seed prediction. take care of ky jelly this weekend and we can lock it in.

side note: have watched wake and that team is really good. its not surprising theyve only lost 8 games. also looks like lsu is fading and their pitching specifically is going in the wrong direction. they looked near unbeatable most of the season and now very vulnerable. i love it.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
back up to #4 in the polls and a national seed prediction. take care of ky jelly this weekend and we can lock it in.

side note: have watched wake and that team is really good. its not surprising theyve only lost 8 games. also looks like lsu is fading and their pitching specifically is going in the wrong direction. they looked near unbeatable most of the season and now very vulnerable. i love it.
Well the key for us is clearly pitching! Sproat has to stay good, going deep into his starts. Waldrep has to find his groove again and Cags has to consistently give us his last start. Slater, Abner, Fisher, Fic must throw strikes and Neely has to finish every save situation intensely. We are going to need at least two or three of the rest to give us enough quality innings to bridge the gap on occasion especially to get us deep into the final eight if we make it to Omaha.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well the key for us is clearly pitching! Sproat has to stay good, going deep into his starts. Waldrep has to find his groove again and Cags has to consistently give us his last start. Slater, Abner, Fisher, Fic must throw strikes and Neely has to finish every save situation intensely. We are going to need at least two or three of the rest to give us enough quality innings to bridge the gap on occasion especially to get us deep into the final eight if we make it to Omaha.
agree, when the pitching is good we are nearly unbeatable b/c of the offense.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016

usc an tamu are very good programs and the difference in players in the SEC is not great, so any team can falter if small things happen. One of the pitfalls is that our guys are very young so at times they might believe their headlines. Yeah, we were owned by usc at a time we had only 7 losses for the season, ranked 2nd or 3rd in the country, and won every series to that point. After getting beat up in the first game, the Gators seemed to be trying too hard and were off of their game for the rest of that series. At tamu, we had a chance to take the series, but a stupid knee movement was called a balk by our star reliever for a walkoff series loss.

I watched every televised or streamed game this season and this team has the potential to go deep into every tournament and, h3ll, they might even make it to Omaha. But, first thing first, they need to keep their heads together against the cats. If they win that away series, I hope to see all you guys at the Hogtown Regionals!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
usc an tamu are very good programs and the difference in players in the SEC is not great, so any team can falter if small things happen. One of the pitfalls is that our guys are very young so at times they might believe their headlines. Yeah, we were owned by usc at a time we had only 7 losses for the season, ranked 2nd or 3rd in the country, and won every series to that point. After getting beat up in the first game, the Gators seemed to be trying too hard and were off of their game for the rest of that series. At tamu, we had a chance to take the series, but a stupid knee movement was called a balk by our star reliever for a walkoff series loss.

I watched every televised or streamed game this season and this team has the potential to go deep into every tournament and, h3ll, they might even make it to Omaha. But, first thing first, they need to keep their heads together against the cats. If they win that away series, I hope to see all you guys at the Hogtown Regionals!
And baseball is actually freakily unpredictable. That's why ball players are so superstitious. Don't wash the socks. Wear your underwear inside out. Etc. Sometimes skill and talent seems to be overcome by gremlins, for a game or a series. That's why the World Series is 7 games and really should be 13.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
And baseball is actually freakily unpredictable. That's why ball players are so superstitious. Don't wash the socks. Wear your underwear inside out. Etc. Sometimes skill and talent seems to be overcome by gremlins, for a game or a series. That's why the World Series is 7 games and really should be 13.

You are sooo Right!!! But just to be a Gator, one must be superstitious. Whether it's played with a funny shaped ball, large round ball or small round ball, fans have their rituals too. I drink way too much during games (i.e., first inning, jump ball and kick off drinks, halftime drinks, stretch drinks, fourth quarter drinks. The good part is I don't get pissed off until the next day!

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Big series coming up today. We are 1 game behind 1st place (Ark) in the SEC and they have a series at Vanderbilt so we have a decent chance at sneaking in for a backdoor SEC regular season championship if we can somehow sweep Kentucky this weekend. At first glance, Kentucky doesn't look super intimidating as they are ranked 19th right now, but they are ranked 1st in RPI so this is not going to be an easy series. I think if we take 2 it locks us in for a super regional. If we only win 1 then we will have some work to do. Hopefully Sproat brings it tonight like he did last week!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky is very good and playing well right now. We need our A game but a series wins makes us a lock for hosting throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.