Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Garrison was great behind the dish. Was on Cade all night, yelling at him, pumping him up, just showing leadership similar to BT last year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, didn't get to watch this one. Glad we took care of business. Maybe pitching might be starting to improve?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Garrison was great behind the dish. Was on Cade all night, yelling at him, pumping him up, just showing leadership similar to BT last year.
I was out with friends and only saw parts of the game. I'm pleased to hear Garrison is who I thought he was, a leader, on field coach, everything a young team and a dysfunctional pitching staff needs to improve. What a great start to a huge weekend. I will be there Sunday.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Garrison is a better defensive catcher, but in fairness Thomas saved his ass and the team a run last night on a terrible throw to 3B by Garrison on a steal attempt. Cags also saved us a run on a grounder to get an out. so kudos to those two defensive plays saving us 2 runs and ironically we won the game by......2 runs. Meanwhile Heyman might be best suited right now to nothing more than Sunday 1B and midweek catching.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Garrison is a better defensive catcher, but in fairness Thomas saved his ass and the team a run last night on a terrible throw to 3B by Garrison on a steal attempt. Cags also saved us a run on a grounder to get an out. so kudos to those two defensive plays saving us 2 runs and ironically we won the game by......2 runs. Meanwhile Heyman might be best suited right now to nothing more than Sunday 1B and midweek catching.
I'm sure you want Heyman to continue to DH when not on the field as he is consistent at the plate. It appears from the box score that Thomas and Guy got on base yesterday. Cags does not get enough credit for his fielding at first.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm sure you want Heyman to continue to DH when not on the field as he is consistent at the plate. It appears from the box score that Thomas and Guy got on base yesterday. Cags does not get enough credit for his fielding at first.
I am okay with keeping Heyman in there, but his elongated swing looked terrible last night against the first set of SEC pitching we have seen. Perhaps swap him and Evans right now since Evans is making more contact and can protect Cags a little and get pitched to before Shelton?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Peterson hangs a 1-2 curveball to the leadoff hitter for a double, hits the next batter with his first pitch, then surrenders a 3 run HR on the next pitch. Do the math

Horrendous start.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Great response. Kurland gets hit, Cags singles and Heyman a 3 run HR. Tie game. Good call Joe. BTW. Nick on the broadcast just said Heyman's swing looked more compact on that swing :)

3-3 after one inning. Starting over.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
WTF? Peterson gives him a meatball fastball on an 0-2 count for a solo HR. Next pitch another solo HR. WTF? 5-3 ATM still top 3rd Just like the first inning it all started with a very poor pitch in a plus count. Next guy singles, Peterson out, Philpott in. Just a terrible start. But good news is our entire bullpen is fresh (though recent history says that may not be a positive).

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
WTF? Peterson gives him a meatball fastball on an 0-2 count for a solo HR. Next pitch another solo HR. WTF? 5-3 ATM still top 3rd
Peterson has shown nothing! I have no clue who the second starter needs to be.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Philpott walks the first guy he sees on FOUR pitches. Not the plan coming out of the bullpen. Philpott walks the next guy he faces on FIVE pitches. Philpott out Jameson in. Bases loaded nobody out. Just awful.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
The third inning is ugly for the home team.

B 2 B homers, walked in a run. Sacrifice to 1b. 3 to 7, 1 out.

Sacrifice to SS, 3 to 8, 2 outs.

Finally over, 3 to 8.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Jameson gets 3 consecutive groundouts which plates 2 more runs. 8-3 ATM.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Evans singles, Shelnut doubles, runners on 2nd and 3rd one out, pitching change for ATM. BTW I am this close to going to my refrain of "toss it underhanded" to the Gator pitching staff if they keep the BS up,

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thomas doubles in 2 runs. 8-5. Garrison singles, runners on the corners still one out.

Well FVKK both Robertson and Kurland strike out. 8-5 ATM after THREE. Could have been a bigger inning.

Jameson out, Satin in. Throw strikes please.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gold glove catch by CAGS. He may have a future at !B in the bigs, if his arm does not work out

Satin 3 up 3 down with a big assist from Cags. Either way, thank you for not making me suffer thru posting another base on balls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.