Recruiting 2024 Early Signing Day Thread

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We Gator fans, first and foremost, demand that our coach be loyal to the program. If he isn’t loyal, he must be fired. Also, if there is a coach out there that is better than him, the current coach must be fired and every effort must be made to hire that other coach. The new coach that is perfect that has been hired is also the obvious wrong choice, and we all knew he was wrong. Any coach should gladly welcome a week to week contract, and that goes for his assistance also.

We understand that we will not win every game. That’s too high minded. We know that there will be dumb obvious blown calls that refs will make, or that other teams will get away with obvious cheating to win. But if our coach doesn’t point this out, while also taking full responsibility for the obvious blown calls and cheating, the coach should be fired. The games should be fun to watch. And by fun to watch, they should mostly be blow out wins in the Gators favor. All epic games that are decided on the final play or last minute(s) should be Gators win.

Our coach should be humble and should also be able to rag on our rivals. The coach needs to be a young, up and comer who has successful experience running a major program. He must give hourly press conferences too explain what he is doing and why, and specifically go on all team message boards for updates and to field questions. He should have open practices so we can see what he is doing while also create trick plays that surprise the opposing team.

As for recruits, we don’t expect to get all of the top 5 star recruits or portal transfers. That’s obvious. There are only so many spots on the roster. We just demand that our coach sign them all, except for the obvious, overrated busts. Our coach must also find those diamonds in the rough that no one else is going after, while also maintaining the top recruiting class. The players he signs must be loyal, and don’t give me that “we got out paid by the other school” bull. At UF, we shouldn’t have to pay any player except for the ones that are loyal to the program and obvious need to be paid.

We should be pessimistically optimistic, or maybe we are “better sunshine pumper fans“

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It appears that Mincey hasn’t signed yet and is about to do it publicly. His teammate LJM trying to sway him
IMG_0595.png

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone think we can land Mincey?
Yes. DJ and LJ are on him heavy. We just need a few days of nothing going to shyt. It seems as if we are snakebit and can't keep from fuggin' up. We take a step forward and then two backwards.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It was never going to be separated and was always going to lead to pay for play. Private sector always outsmarts the regulators. It took like 3 days for a um booster to skirt the “no booster” rule by forming an LLC with other members. Roughly 72 hours and a legalzoom download and you had people standing in amazement like, “yep, didn’t think about that” as current players were given, and future players promised, monthly payments. :lol:

I will say this. It’s not a chunk of upfront cash as it’s often depicted. Don’t ask me how I know, but I can conform from direct contact that there are not huge sums of money given before or at signing. I don’t know when or how players are being paid, but it’s only promised and not upfront.

Well, yeah, that’s obvious. Are there people out there that weren’t aware of that? Who’s going to give an 18 year old $1 million upfront and run the risk that the kid decides to transfer after one semester, drop out of college to backpack through Europe or retire from football for any number of reasons, like “chronic injuries” .

Last edited:

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I think that they’re apples and oranges. Georgia doesn’t need transfer portal kids. They just need kids recruited from high school ranks that they develop and create into starters over time. We need talent infusion now. I don’t think waiting for three years for an OL to develop is going to sit well with the fanbase.

Georgia doesn’t need seven or eight kids from the portal.

You see the same thing happening with Ole Miss. They’re focusing on portal. You saw the same thing with FSU. They focused on portal. This is their first decent year in recruiting because they had to fix the on-field problems first.
Do you really think FSU has "fixed" their on field problems? Yes they avoided being blind and deaf like their lost to JSU a couple of years ago but they were horrid all over. They have improved their talent some, but I don't think they are any where close to the elite teams of college football. Would like to honestly hear your opinion on them? They finished 9th in recruiting and lost 2 5star players, 1 to Miami and 1 to Georgia while whiffing on 5 star WR Smith as well.

Also, would you ever say Florida finished 9th in recruiting and say that was a good class? Or would you ever want Florida put into the same category as Ole Miss? Yeah they won 10 games, but against the best, they got their head caved in. So yeah they are good, but that gap between good and great is astronomical for them. Ole Miss and FSU rely on the portal because they can't recruit with the big boys and never will.

Oh and don't forget Free Shoes U went 13-0 this year.......................undefeated....................AND STILL GOT LEFT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS :rotfl: How much of a joke you have to be for the nation to look at you that way? God that's great

The Portal is great for inferior teams like ones mentioned above and us at the moment. But stockpiling elite HS talent is the way to consistently being elite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.