Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeremiah Smith surprise visiting on Monday. The day before the dead period. Lagway may be extending his weekend stay to spend time with him.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Jeremiah Smith surprise visiting on Monday. The day before the dead period. Lagway may be extending his weekend stay to spend time with him.
According to tos Smith is visiting fsu, UGA and UF to decide on his back up plan just in case Hartline leaves. Evidently Hartline's either going to sign an extension in Dec and Smith will then stick with OSU or he won't and Smith will be heading elsewhere. If sling blade can pull this one off he might just be our guy. Smith would be our highest rated recruit since Ronald Powell.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Read that Jamari Howard no longer being recruited. Hope that means we have our CBs on board.
The twists and turns of CFB recruiting……

There are two things in sports I’d love just once to be a real insider for:

1 - An NFL team’s draft process all the way through the draft.
2 - A major CFB program’s recruiting process through signing day.

I’m sure watching the sausage being made might be stomach turning on occasion, but overall it would be fascinating.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
According to tos Smith is visiting fsu, UGA and UF to decide on his back up plan just in case Hartline leaves. Evidently Hartline's either going to sign an extension in Dec and Smith will then stick with OSU or he won't and Smith will be heading elsewhere. If sling blade can pull this one off he might just be our guy. Smith would be our highest rated recruit since Ronald Powell.
Seems clear our only shot at Smith, in addition to Hartline moving on, is a decent pass game this season so that Smith can see what our offense could look like with he and Lagway together.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You had me right up until Ronald Powell. :lol:

He’s on my “Ring of Meh” with Darrell Lee, Dexter Daniels and Martez Ivey. Not exactly busts, but overrated recruits who wound up meh.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You had me right up until Ronald Powell. :lol:

He’s on my “Ring of Meh” with Darrell Lee, Dexter Daniels and Martez Ivey. Not exactly busts, but overrated recruits who wound up meh.

How the hell does Dexter Daniels get lumped in there? Of all the busts and disappointments we’ve seen, is he really one of the signature names for you?

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023

All signs point to Oklahoma. He seems to have many glowing remarks about the staff and facilities at UF. Hopefully, the staff continue to maintain a positive relationship with him no matter his decision. He could choose to transfer after a year and it would be a big advantage to be considered a top choice if entering re-recruitment. With the transfer portal bonanza that continues to grow, sustaining continuous relationships with high school recruits becomes increasingly important.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read that Jamari Howard no longer being recruited. Hope that means we have our CBs on board.
Likely speculation because he didn’t show up this weekend. I’ve never heard of this staff giving up on a kid.

All that said, we seem to really want Mincey and Grimsley. If Mack pops this weekend, then we know atleast one of those two turned us down.

I really expect us to keep Mack on ice for a bit and see how the other two play out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m also more confident about Smith than most. Still think it’s OSU but I think he’s really looking for a reason to flip. If Pearsall can go for 1,000 then we have a really good chance

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

All signs point to Oklahoma. He seems to have many glowing remarks about the staff and facilities at UF. Hopefully, the staff continue to maintain a positive relationship with him no matter his decision. He could choose to transfer after a year and it would be a big advantage to be considered a top choice if entering re-recruitment. With the transfer portal bonanza that continues to grow, sustaining continuous relationships with high school recruits becomes increasingly important.

I see a team whose brief shine has completely worn off, currently sitting at 49th in the rankings, two Ou’s being coached by first time, highly unproven coaches, a program where a coach’s wife gets drilled by random guys, and a program with AIDS. Pretty easy choice for the good guys here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah. I don’t think we’re more than a hat on the table. Can’t win them all…

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve heard absolutely nothing substantial. I think everyone is thinking OU because he’s from there, but that’s all. Maybe they’re right, but it’s all guessing.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
zook_skiing.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve heard absolutely nothing substantial. I think everyone is thinking OU because he’s from there, but that’s all. Maybe they’re right, but it’s all guessing.
But there’s usually smoke. There hasn’t been any from our side.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
How the hell does Dexter Daniels get lumped in there? Of all the busts and disappointments we’ve seen, is he really one of the signature names for you?

It’s not a bust list but a “meh” list. (All of the guys I listed were 5*, started and underwhelmed relative to their hype coming in.)

Daniels was the USA Today national HS defensive player of the year and wound up an UDFA, zero NFL stats. He was supposed to be Derrick Brooks and wound up Reid Fleming.

Here’s the lead of an article about his career:
“Dexter Daniels is one of those former Gators that can be easily forgotten because of the time period in which he suited up for Florida.” Pure “meh.”

Setting aside that those were among the most exciting years UF has ever had, he’s the same class as Danny, do you recall a big signature play he made? Or just him melting off of Lawrence Phillips’ & Tommie Frazier’s backs? Someone put him on an All SEC list, but honestly when I think of linebackers at UF - even those in the 90’s - he never comes to mind. Meh.

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I know you follow this stuff a lot closer than I do, but while it doesn’t feel like we’re a favorite, it wouldn’t surprise me if he picked us. He seems to be keeping all of this close to the vest. He’s also been to Gainesville a bunch. Two of those schools - Oregon and aTm - are definitely just hats on the table. Neither received OVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.