Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

4-star Trader at Miami Hurricanes BBQ: I'm committed, but will take several official visits this fall​

From the dictionary:

adjective: committed

feeling dedication and loyalty to a cause, activity, or job; wholeheartedly dedicated.
"a committed reformer.”

I don’t think these guys understand what that word means. (Tho in this particular case, I’m OK with him not knowing; particularly if it means he want to look around; like maybe at UF.)

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was thinking about Joe Haden being so good but on the shorter side for Raymond's profile. But skill is skill. 6'0 seems tall enough.

If we did get Mack and Mincey, we are at 5DB. Grimsley seems to be a +1 then, if there is room. 6 DBs would be a huge class since we took 6 last cycle.

I don't like to think of a player being pushed out, but I guess that's possible.
Not to mention he coached The Honey Badger, Tyrann Matthieu, who can flat play championship football at safety - and is 5’9”.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
563b9fa5-b6c9-4ae9-bf40-cdac6302770e_text.gif

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m also more confident about Smith than most. Still think it’s OSU but I think he’s really looking for a reason to flip. If Pearsall can go for 1,000 then we have a really good chance
You gotta better chance of ****ing Cindy Crawford than Ricky has getting 1000 yards receiving with our QB room and Billy calling the plays .

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not a bust list but a “meh” list. (All of the guys I listed were 5*, started and underwhelmed relative to their hype coming in.)

Daniels was the USA Today national HS defensive player of the year and wound up an UDFA, zero NFL stats. He was supposed to be Derrick Brooks and wound up Reid Fleming.

Here’s the lead of an article about his career:
“Dexter Daniels is one of those former Gators that can be easily forgotten because of the time period in which he suited up for Florida.” Pure “meh.”

Setting aside that those were among the most exciting years UF has ever had, he’s the same class as Danny, do you recall a big signature play he made? Or just him melting off of Lawrence Phillips’ & Tommie Frazier’s backs? Someone put him on an All SEC list, but honestly when I think of linebackers at UF - even those in the 90’s - he never comes to mind. Meh.

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic
He is cousins with Randal Godfrey.

Randal told me that Spurrier put him on the spot to commit and told him if he doesn’t commit, he’ll never win a championship. He said, Spurrier was right.

Randal didn’t commit but Daniels did.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Where did this come from? The girls school up to #5???
Screenshot_20230729_213949_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230730_085020_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230730_085149_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014

4-star Trader at Miami Hurricanes BBQ: I'm committed, but will take several official visits this fall​

Miami hurricane's BBQ? With Ruiz bankrupt I can't imagine them serving anything better than Tyson frozen wings from the oven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.