Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
According to 247, his competition is considered pretty good.
Bucholz plays in just about the highest classification in Florida. Would be as tough of competition as there is in the country

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
More from Donkey:

I'd take a 3 star Florida kid who plays known competition over a 4 star out of state kid. We really need to establish that

The staff must be happy with his potential to grow larger and/or play a true Buck, which for Billy at ULL usually meant something like "just as likely to blitz as drop into pass coverage and definitely capable of setting the edge" vs. the Grantham "flyweight speed rusher dude who somehow all seemed terrible in pass coverage despite their speed".

As for class rank, we aren't even close to being #1. I think we will end up in the 5-7 range. It's ok, but more than finishing strong with some 5 star out of state kids, I'd prefer to see us close the gap with the Florida top 25 type kids. So long as Georgia owns that, we are going to struggle. That has to be the next step we have to take IMO.

When you look at our 3 star takes though, a good method is to see what their ACTUAL visits are. Fletcher Westphal, 2024 Offensive Tackle, Florida These aren't just valentines "offers" Westphal got, he was being dined by almost every elite school in the east. In fact, I think he visited more than any person I've ever seen. Maybe that's why he didn't have time to camp or something which probably affect his rivals ranking.

Back to Rivals "losing everyone to ON3", I have a friend, now a small college DC, who did some moonlighting for Rivals. He said they lost all their "journalists" (if you consider Newburg and Bowlcut journalists, more like marginally employed former interns that at some point volunteered to be near Dooley) to ON3. They didn't lose any of their actual football scouts, former GAs, coaches etc. ON3 owns social media though, because that is their focus. Rivals still mostly sells data to schools with smaller budgets. Personally, Im not sure how I like that business model as most schools increase their scouting budgets. Plus Rivals data mostly covers their camps, and youd think those are mostly kids going to big schools. I don't know, but I know ON3 is garbage.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I gotta say, after watching his highlights, I feel a lot better about the take. He is an athletic kid who looks like he has the frame to add a good bit more weight. He may never be all-SEC or a 1st round pick. But he clearly has the ability to be a solid player for us.

Great kid, but he’s not a NG/DT. He’s a DE/Jack. He’s young for his grade so he could grow, but he’s aiming to be an edge guy.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
More from Donkey:

I'd take a 3 star Florida kid who plays known competition over a 4 star out of state kid. We really need to establish that

The staff must be happy with his potential to grow larger and/or play a true Buck, which for Billy at ULL usually meant something like "just as likely to blitz as drop into pass coverage and definitely capable of setting the edge" vs. the Grantham "flyweight speed rusher dude who somehow all seemed terrible in pass coverage despite their speed".

As for class rank, we aren't even close to being #1. I think we will end up in the 5-7 range. It's ok, but more than finishing strong with some 5 star out of state kids, I'd prefer to see us close the gap with the Florida top 25 type kids. So long as Georgia owns that, we are going to struggle. That has to be the next step we have to take IMO.

When you look at our 3 star takes though, a good method is to see what their ACTUAL visits are. Fletcher Westphal, 2024 Offensive Tackle, Florida These aren't just valentines "offers" Westphal got, he was being dined by almost every elite school in the east. In fact, I think he visited more than any person I've ever seen. Maybe that's why he didn't have time to camp or something which probably affect his rivals ranking.

Back to Rivals "losing everyone to ON3", I have a friend, now a small college DC, who did some moonlighting for Rivals. He said they lost all their "journalists" (if you consider Newburg and Bowlcut journalists, more like marginally employed former interns that at some point volunteered to be near Dooley) to ON3. They didn't lose any of their actual football scouts, former GAs, coaches etc. ON3 owns social media though, because that is their focus. Rivals still mostly sells data to schools with smaller budgets. Personally, Im not sure how I like that business model as most schools increase their scouting budgets. Plus Rivals data mostly covers their camps, and youd think those are mostly kids going to big schools. I don't know, but I know ON3 is garbage.
I sure do miss me some donkey.
Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Possibly, or maybe he will turn out to be another Earl Okine in college, though not look as great in the hotel lobby or an airport.
Nice work on the Okine reference. He was a tall tree. But wasn’t he GHS? Trying to remember the last BHS alum to have an impact at UF.

Was DJ the apex?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Great kid, but he’s not a NG/DT. He’s a DE/Jack. He’s young for his grade so he could grow, but he’s aiming to be an edge guy.
Barring massive weight gain, he is definitely not a NG/DT. But, we do need size at the DE spot. Heading into this season, we only have one experienced edge rusher over 260, Justus Boone. Kelby Collins and Kamran James are in the 265-280 range but they are true freshmen. Pyburn is listed at 259 but he played sparingly last season. This kid should at least provide solid depth in the future. No more Dwag choker lightweights at the edge spots.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
from my Alma Mater

This actually explains A LOT - your 'holier than thou' attitude looking down on everyone, sht talking to troll folks, plenty of daddy money for all these 3D printed toys, and lets not even begin to touch on your quick run for hookers when things get tough. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.