Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Bell is an 800 pound shut-in at this point. He'd have to coach via monitors from his easy chair.
And would still improve our offense, significantly, over what we're seeing now. Just make sure there's plenty of batteries in the motor home for the walkie-talkies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, so now recruiting is completely meaningless and irrelevant, this is a new one. I gotta give you guys credit, you continually come up with new stuff.

I guess we can go ahead and close this thread.
No one said that. What was said was with the tranny portal and nil, etc the crootin game has completely changed and there's nothing stopping kids from bailing at a moments notice. So yeah, don't be surprised if a lot of talent walks out when the coach that brought them leaves or is removed. It's not a theory, it's happening routinely, so it's not unreasonable to expect the same here.

I used to say if there isn't a stud coach out there to hire, hire a stud crooter as an HC so at least if he doesn't work out the cupboard is full and attractive for any future stud coaches. That simply isn't the case any longer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No one said that. What was said was with the tranny portal and nil, etc the crootin game has completely changed and there's nothing stopping kids from bailing at a moments notice. So yeah, don't be surprised if a lot of talent walks out when the coach that brought them leaves or is removed. It's not a theory, it's happening routinely, so it's not unreasonable to expect the same here.

I used to say if there isn't a stud coach out there to hire, hire a stud crooter as an HC so at least if he doesn't work out the cupboard is full and attractive for any future stud coaches. That simply isn't the case any longer.
I agree that with the portal it's changed, but the fact remains that the VAST majority of your team production still comes from the blue-chippers you recruited, either from present or past coaches. Even if Billy gets fired next year, the great players he's bringing in this year will still likely help us for years to come. Most players stay in their schools, only a small percentage portal out, even with the loosey-goosey way it's done now. There's this perception that 50%+ of the blue-chippers (players that actually have value to the team) portal out when a new coach comes in, that's nonsense. Show me an example of that. A few may leave, most stay.

Recruiting is still the 100% most important thing when it comes to success in college football. This class is important, no matter what happens to Billy.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sale. The other guy was brought in to help with recruiting more than anything, I think. But it hasn’t worked out. So either keep Sale and find someone else on the staff to recruit OL, or fire them both and bring in an OL coach who can recruit and develop.

Personally, I think Napier should fire both OL coaches and hire an aggressive, modern offense OC. Then hire 1 OL coach who can recruit and develop.

Then make one of your positional coaches, the ST coordinator. Unless the NCAA approves an additional coaching position.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5* OT Jordan Seaton was just interviewed. He said the main reason that Florida is still in it with him (and the reason he is doing his official there this weekend) is because of Napier. UF does not do in season officials, but they made an exception for Seaton because of his value as a recruit.

He said that Napier is probably the most real of all the coaches. He said nobody hits him up more than UF and that nobody’s communication with him is more genuine than Billy Napier.

However, he wants to spend time with Rob Sale on this official. He wants Rob Sale to show and prove to him that he is able to sharpen and develop OL talent. He wants him to break down film in front of him and he wants to see how the OL has developed at UF.

He said he does not care about being in the “official day” pictures. He said he does not care about the stadium experience. He said he does not care about all the glitz and glam. The most important thing for him is how will Rob Sale get him into the NFL.
We have a lot of issues that need to be fixed but recruiting isn’t one of them. Getting multiple 5 stars to come to a Vandy game is outside of the norm.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Bell is an 800 pound shut-in at this point. He'd have to coach via monitors from his easy chair.
Actually, Bell is in his third year as head coach at Western Carolina. He is in the process of rebuilding a long slumbering program. They are ranked 11th in the country and are #1 in nation in total offense in FCS, averaging over 500 yards per game.
They set a school record a few weeks ago, scoring 77 points. Billy Gonzales son is the QB and threw 5 first half TD’s in that game. They are explosive and fun to watch!!!
Bell could stand to lose some weight but he’s not close to 800 pounds. I doubt he would leave this job to take an OC job at UF but he’d be a great addition if that offer was ever made.
Close friend’s son is a freshman OT there and they have lots of good things to say about Kerwin and the way the program is being run.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Michai Boireau Decommitted last month. Georgia has been in hot pursuit. But he has continue to say that Florida is still in it. He said that he just made a decision too quickly and it didn’t sit well with him and he wanted to explore all of his options.

He just attended the Vanderbilt game and said he was blown away. Rated it a 10 out of 10.

It was his first game in the swamp

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Adarius Hayes, our 4* LB commit had decided to not be in Gainesville for the game this weekend and will instead be at miami for their games against GTech. Awesome.

This is why a “process” doesn’t work.
So, do you think he was convinced to go there after that hideous loss, while the few "fans" there threw stuff onto the field at the end?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw Jordan Seaton yesterday on fraternity row posing for pictures.
He’s a really big dude that looks like he could add lots of weight if needed without causing any problems.

The girls were all around him so hopefully we made a good impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator