Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Part of it is scheme too. We play two free safety types, for reasons that dont make sense. Youd think Ben Hanks, Lawrence Wright, Tony George, etc all sucked in this defense, although realistically, like Kamari, they just wouldnt be playing other than STs.

And our Star isnt a LB/safety hybrid, capable of playing in the box in run support and covering a little. Nope its just a 3rd corner, who gets destroyed attempting to pretend to be the Sam linebacker (who he replaced) versus running plays.

The scheme is hot schit really unless you are playing a Mumme type offense, which dont really exist in the SEC. Someone thinks we are play pass happy teams and are willing to give up the run to stop the pass (though we dont stop the pass anyway).
Too bad we don't have a Cody Riggs type player to switch from CB to safety in time to play against Todd Gurley.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Trying to steal one from USF

Kid is a project. Has great measurables. But I think they’re looking so hard to try to grab somebody special safety because we just don’t have anybody back there like that.

He’s played very little defense in high school. Mainly quarterback.

I don’t have an issue with it. But if we cannot bring in a lockdown corner, we are going to be screwed.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
247 beat writers have just logged picks for Filisaime to flip to Texas
Wasn't giving ON3 any credibility. 247 too?
angry fuck me GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Kid is a project. Has great measurables. But I think they’re looking so hard to try to grab somebody special safety because we just don’t have anybody back there like that.

He’s played very little defense in high school. Mainly quarterback.

I don’t have an issue with it. But if we cannot bring in a lockdown corner, we are going to be screwed.
We all know how good QBs are at tackling. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wasn't giving ON3 any credibility. 247 too?
angry **** me GIF

Only silver lining is that most of these out-of-state kids are very likely to bounce the moment there’s a change next season. His stepping in and having an immediate impact next year wasn’t very likely anyway. Window, addressing a dumpster fire is really just window dressing a dumpster fire. I’d much rather the perception be that we’re trending and looking great, but the fact is the opposite at least speeds up the timetable.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like how Napier isn’t even wearing UF gear anymore. Maybe a missed laundry day? Also mom seems over the whole process, and his little sister isn’t buying any of it. :lol:

Billy looks like he just shat his pants. Just like gameday .

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
At this point I'm not sure anything but 2-3 studs from the portal would make next years offensive line look average.....I'm not saying offensive linemen don't get over looked in recruiting rankings but even the best of them usually take 2 to 3 years to develop into full time starters 8 times out of 10....

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Sling's recruiting class completely coming apart and he's not doing anything in the portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.