Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see which of our members actually seem disappointed when our best recruits sign on the dotted line this week.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It will be interesting to see which of our members actually seem disappointed when our best recruits sign on the dotted line this week.

Fans should be livid at the pace of recruitment and hiring, and the damage it’s caused to this class. Not to mention what role 5-7 had as well. And that list on the final weekend is an embarrassment, especially when 3-4 of our commits are elsewhere. We’re realists who are done with the stupidity we’ve seen at nearly every turn for close to two years. Fans at Vanderbilt and MissSt are content with whatever comes their way on NSD. I guess we should be too according to some.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
This post sums up Napier well:

"The elephant in the room is that Billy isnt that bright, nor a qualified CEO - nothing in his background indicates he is up for managing a 200+ person org that generates $100M revenue. He’s a good WR coach, nowhere near qualified to be a CEO/HC."

We basically hired a low iq mentally slow WR coach and made him the head of our football program. No wonder we are 11-14 and our class/roster is fall apart.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
This post sums up Napier well:

"The elephant in the room is that Billy isnt that bright, nor a qualified CEO - nothing in his background indicates he is up for managing a 200+ person org that generates $100M revenue. He’s a good WR coach, nowhere near qualified to be a CEO/HC."

We basically hired a low iq mentally slow WR coach and made him the head of our football program. No wonder we are 11-14 and our class/roster is fall apart.
we basically hired one of "Jerry's Kids" from those Jerry Lewis Telethons that we used to drop change into their jar at the 7-11 in the '80s and '90s. All he needs is a helmet.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I will be thrilled and surprised all at the same time. Go Gators!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We have about 6 more games with him.
I’ve been a dedicated Gator since 0-10-1.

I’ve seen Pell’s and Hall’s tenures collapse.

I remember Doug Dickey and Gary Darnell.

I’ve seen the glories of Spurrier and Meyer.

I remember the Zooker at frat parties.

I’ve suffered Chump, Sharkboy, and Shytter’s Full.

I have never seen anything close to the disaster this has become. Ever.

We desperately needed stability after Mullen and got the exact opposite.

Anyone connected to this (Scotty, Foley, UAA, UF Administration, etc) needs a boot up their ass and a pink slip.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been a dedicated Gator since 0-10-1.

I’ve seen Pell’s and Hall’s tenures collapse.

I remember Doug Dickey and Gary Darnell.

I’ve seen the glories of Spurrier and Meyer.

I remember the Zooker at frat parties.

I’ve suffered Chump, Sharkboy, and Shytter’s Full.

I have never seen anything close to the disaster this has become. Ever.

We desperately needed stability after Mullen and got the exact opposite.

Anyone connected to this (Scotty, Foley, UAA, UF Administration, etc) needs a boot up their ass and a pink slip.
Maybe we'll be surprised on Weds. Maybe he pulls in a couple of big uglies from the portal that will contribute day 1. Maybe he'll make the staff adjustments needed.

Big Brother Mary GIF by Big Brother Australia

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fans should be livid at the pace of recruitment and hiring, and the damage it’s caused to this class. Not to mention what role 5-7 had as well. And that list on the final weekend is an embarrassment, especially when 3-4 of our commits are elsewhere. We’re realists who are done with the stupidity we’ve seen at nearly every turn for close to two years. Fans at Vanderbilt and MissSt are content with whatever comes their way on NSD. I guess we should be too according to some.
So I guess I can count on you as one of the disappointed ones after ESD isn't nearly the sky-as-falling day you've been predicting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So I guess I can count on you as one of the disappointed ones after ESD isn't nearly the sky-as-falling day you've been predicting.

You can count me as one that will fill my seats as my family has for the past 40 years. You’ll have to forgive me if I’m not thrilled at the idea of what we’re going to see on the field. And as for this class, if we manage to make the Top-10 I’ll be somewhat happy. The problem is though, I have zero confidence in the coach making a turnaround here, which means we’re back to square one again in roughly a year and much of what we do sign is moot. Anyway, I don’t see any scenarios where we make the Top-10. So this is all a dumb conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.