Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this posted on another board. P12 and ACC are obviously different, but this is an example of getting too cute with the process and mismanaging the portal. No way you could convince me we couldn’t have used those guys this year, and to your point, our secondary has suffered as a result.

“Andrew Chatfield Jr. and Antwaun Powell-Ryland have 18 sacks, 2 INT's, 4 forced fumbles combined.

Our entire defense has 19 sacks, 3 INT's, and 6 forced fumbles combined.”

Those guys are bums!They stink! Don’t you know Danny left Billy with nothing !! DeY DeRker Derr !
- Darry/ NoteNg probably

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can you come up with something other than these Billy sarcasm posts? We're all nodding off at this point.
Wile E Coyote Wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can you come up with something other than these Billy sarcasm posts? We're all nodding off at this point.
I’m not going to apologize for giving knuckleheads the business . But I promise to do try better for you ,my number one fan .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, God forbid Gator fans support their own team.
I never said folks shouldn’t support the gators . Im mocking morons who falsely claimed Billy inherited a room full of no talent pussies .

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I never said folks shouldn’t support the gators . Im mocking morons who falsely claimed Billy inherited a room full of no talent pussies .
The ppl defending tater and trashing our roster are the ones who don't support the team. It'll be more of the same next year when we start losing again. Our safeties suck, our dline is garbage, billy can only call the plays, he can't help that they can't execute, etc.

Always defending the hired merc and bagging on the team. Then gaslighting ppl who see it and say something by saying they are the bad fans.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When you guys are right, you're right. There's no arguing it.
The championships we were winning under Dan "The Man" Mullen were top notch, probably the most talented teams we've ever fielded. Why did we even get rid of him?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When you guys are right, you're right. There's no arguing it.
The championships we were winning under Dan "The Man" Mullen were top notch, probably the most talented teams we've ever fielded. Why did we even get rid of him?

No one is claiming that Mullen was a great evaluator of talent or recruiter across the board. What many of us have said since two years ago is that the scorched earth policy would likely come back to bite him. You had guys like YL who were happy to see us ignoring top 100 commits from Orlando because anyone that would commit to Mullen had to be trash. As I’ve stated numerous times, there is a balance that should be struck between bringing in your own players while recognizing you have to survive until you have a team full of nothing but them. Meyer got that. Spurrier got that. And they were willing to adapt and make things work with the current personnel even if they weren’t exactly what they wanted. We’ve kicked off a dozen plus “cancers” and are still 3 games under .500. Again, are Chatfield and AP-R perfect players? No. But to think we couldn’t use that production this year is crazy. And many of the replacements like Nunnery, Mitchell(pick one), Moten, Bowman, etc. have been terrible. It’s reality.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one is claiming that Mullen was a great evaluator of talent or recruiter across the board. What many of us have said since two years ago is that the scorched earth policy would likely come back to bite him. You had guys like YL who were happy to see us ignoring top 100 commits from Orlando because anyone that would commit to Mullen had to be trash. As I’ve stated numerous times, there is a balance that should be struck between bringing in your own players while recognizing you have to survive until you have a team full of nothing but them. Meyer got that. Spurrier got that. And they were willing to adapt and make things work with the current personnel even if they weren’t exactly what they wanted. We’ve kicked off a dozen plus “cancers” and are still 3 games under .500. Again, are Chatfield and AP-R perfect players? No. But to think we couldn’t use that production this year is crazy. And many of the replacements like Nunnery, Mitchell(pick one), Moten, Bowman, etc. have been terrible. It’s reality.
Yup.
We were LOADED!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You’re comparing apples to oranges.

AP-R went to the ACC. Look at this schedule and tell me if Collins, Searcy or Princely couldn’t get 10 sacks for the year. Our defense was terrible last year and the only way he got on the field was due to injury and dismissal of another player.

Hopper was a huge loss.
The 2 starting O-Lineman last year were a hit to the depth.

Other than those 4 guys, who have we lost that mattered? Most guys that left never played.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re comparing apples to oranges.

AP-R went to the ACC. Look at this schedule and tell me if Collins, Searcy or Princely couldn’t get 10 sacks for the year. Our defense was terrible last year and the only way he got on the field was due to injury and dismissal of another player.

Hopper was a huge loss.
The 2 starting O-Lineman last year were a hit to the depth.

Other than those 4 guys, who have we lost that mattered? Most guys that left never played.

Well, that’s why I say you have to be selective. There was entirely too much of a blanket approach used by this staff.

And I prefaced my AP-R/ Chatfield comment with the fact that those conferences are in fact different. But two people have essentially accomplished what 11 players on our team have so far this year. That’s eye opening. And if the conference step down is that gigantic, then our season should be bookended by wins over Utah and fsu. I’ll assume we roll tomorrow night.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
We have to be really heavy in the portal this year. Let’s add in some kids that we think we should be looking at.

I saw this one on 247. I think he should be at target of ours.

From the article:

Boise State wide receiver Eric McAlister, who leads the Broncos with 47 catches for 873 yards and five touchdowns this season, will enter the transfer portal next monthafter leaving the team on Monday. McAlister figures to be one of the 2024 portal cycle's top available pass-catchers given his production at Boise State with three 100-yard games in nine starts this fall as a 6-foot-4, 200-pound sophomore.
Next Pearsall

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Saw this posted on another board. P12 and ACC are obviously different, but this is an example of getting too cute with the process and mismanaging the portal. No way you could convince me we couldn’t have used those guys this year, and to your point, our secondary has suffered as a result.

“Andrew Chatfield Jr. and Antwaun Powell-Ryland have 18 sacks, 2 INT's, 4 forced fumbles combined.

Our entire defense has 19 sacks, 3 INT's, and 6 forced fumbles combined.”
Good for them. Their scheme probably gets them to the play. Doubt they miss what's going on at UF.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thank God we're even more loaded now! Championships are clearly on the arising. We clearly upgraded our coaching staff and roster.
Technically, we did.
Shows just how low we were/still are

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think it’s an issue with coaching. I think it’s an issue with talent.
No J...I've been told explicitly that we had top flight talent when Mullen left. Talent cannot be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator