Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interested Spock GIF by Star Trek

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
This is an interesting development……. :scratchchin:

How would he fit in here for next year?

Imo, if given the opportunity, bringing Rogers in wouldn’t be wise. A healthy Mertz starting the year sets up perfectly for breaking in Lagway (if he signs) next year. This program needs stability and playing musical chairs in the QB room could be detrimental.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get the train of thought about continuity with Mertz. However, this kid has a rocket arm & is accurate as well. He also is a tuck & run threat. (Not the Matthew M kind)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No J...I've been told explicitly that we had top flight talent when Mullen left. Talent cannot be an issue.

Life rarely operates in absolutes. Meyer was left a stacked roster but still had a converted WR, a Utah transfer and his own signing(RFN) as secondary starters with the McCullom twins in backup in 2006. Muschamp was a disaster but still helped develop a great group of defensive players. McElwain wasn’t the guy in the picture but likely still regularly had sex with animals. It’s ok to have balance. We weren’t stacked when Mullen left but we weren’t devoid of talent either. And it’s documented above that we let some talented players slip away.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe it’s both
Since you’ve actually coached. How difficult is it to undo poor coaching?

Not to mention that Williams and Wingo weren’t LB’s to begin with.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It would be a stretch for a Mike Leach disciple to choose to come play his final season for BN and our innovative Offense.
This is something like the third or fourth lowest scoring offense at UF over the last 20 years.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
We don't even know if Mertz will come back. I think he might move on after getting injured. Might want to go see if he can be a undrafted FA or possibly he gets drafted. He had a really good year for a guy with a bad offensive line.
I think Will Rogers would be a good fit for Napier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.