Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Dance Doll GIF

Midget aptitudes and efforts yield midget results. The truth can be and in this case is painful. But doing something about it and not letting it continue to fester is the only plan as far as I’m concerned. Sorry brother. Here’s to climbing out of the hole instead of continuing to dig!
All of Hambones assistants contracts are up in Feb so he should be able to make adjustments. None are his guys so , assuming BN allows it, there should be some shakeups.

Sam16

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
I forget which podcast it was, but they definitely seemed to have someone on the inside. Basically said the antics of Miami in recruiting last year really set us back a year. Essentially, they piggybacked off our evaluations and offered more money. Obviously that individual from UM is having financial difficulties, but UM does have some brothers (plumbing?) that are popping in some NIL.

Portal issues were well documented as well. I think we have the recruiting issue more or less stabilized (yes we’ve lost some recently) and we’ll see how aggressive they are in the portal.

I’ll simply point to an old business anecdote. A Jr associate messed up a major ad campaign and lost the company $250k. He gets called into the office of the head of the department and waits to be fired. They have a conversation about the mistake, lessons learned, etc etc. At the end of the meeting, the Jr associate asked if he was fired. The boss said why would I fire you, I just invested $250k in your education.

I’m fine with mistakes, if we learn from them. We’re going to find out real soon if Billy has learned from his mistakes.
I’ll bet he hasn’t

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Portal issues were well documented as well. I think we have the recruiting issue more or less stabilized (yes we’ve lost some recently) and we’ll see how aggressive they are in the portal.
He has no option at this point. Hit it full Mercenary Mode.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to revise a post from earlier in this thread. New order of importance for transfer portal:

1a) DL
1aa) OL
1aaa) LB
1aaaa) Secondary
1aaaaa) Head coach

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Portal issues were well documented as well.
Dude let me explain something.....good starting quality players that opt for the portal aren't looking to go to teams with a losing record and coach that will likely get fired....they are leaving to get away from that.

Wrap your head around the fact that the only portal players were getting this off season will be filler type players who aren't even SEC quality or even P5 quality starters.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Dude let me explain something.....good starting quality players that opt for the portal aren't looking to go to teams with a losing record and coach that will likely get fired....they are leaving to get away from that.

Wrap your head around the fact that the only portal players were getting this off season will be filler type players who aren't even SEC quality or even P5 quality starters.
rolling in it youtube GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Those players leaving would be hard to rationalize or explain away for Billy
I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 10-12 players through the portal....who wants to play for a lame duck coach who doesn't make you better in a system that is very uninspiring and doesn't showcase ones true skill level?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I expect nil funds to be a little short this off-season. Can't imagine anyone investing much into what's going on now

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You’re a cocksucker, and no one listens to a cocksucker.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Good points by all. I do wonder if the injury makes Mertz think about leaving. Max is inexperienced but has a lot of upside, which may cause him to test the portal. Lotta mid-level schools would immediately play him.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.