Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
How funny would it be if we look like shyyt the entire game against Miami. They have the ball 30 seconds left in the game, third & 7, a 3 point lead & we have no timeouts. Instead of kneeling to run out the clock, they run the ball, we strip it and match down field in 2 or 3 plays for the winning TD. We then go on an epic run the rest of the season and win the rest of our games by an average score of 38-6. We hold ETN and his new team UGA to 4 yards rushing on 36 running plays and beat the 52-zip. We win the natty and then win 7 more NC’s thereafter between the years 2025-2042 and Billy goes down as the greatest coach in CFB history. How awesome would that be? :lol::lol:
I need to take whatever meds you're taking :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
How funny would it be if we look like shyyt the entire game against Miami. They have the ball 30 seconds left in the game, third & 7, a 3 point lead & we have no timeouts. Instead of kneeling to run out the clock, they run the ball, we strip it and match down field in 2 or 3 plays for the winning TD. We then go on an epic run the rest of the season and win the rest of our games by an average score of 38-6. We hold ETN and his new team UGA to 4 yards rushing on 36 running plays and beat the 52-zip. We win the natty and then win 7 more NC’s thereafter between the years 2025-2042 and Billy goes down as the greatest coach in CFB history. How awesome would that be? :lol::lol:
wizard of oz dorothy GIF

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
There’s something like 6000 kids in the transfer portal. Which is insane. So many of those kids will never play for another school because they’re just not enough scholarships to make up for all the kids that have transferred.

A couple years ago (and even to some effect, last season), you could easily see which kids were going to be impactful. For sure, there were a couple that beat the norm, but in general, it was pretty easy to know who we’re going to be the impactful kids. I really don’t know in this transfer year.

I mean, Joey Sackman is one of the top guys. I don’t know anything about this kid. But his production doesn’t seem to be stellar and yet he’s ranked as one of the top DTs. But of course Jared Verse came from Albany State?

Maybe it’s just about bringing in older experienced players? To offset our youth?

I don’t know…

At the end of the day, it comes down to coaching & player development. We can land top 5 recruiting classes and get the best players the portal has to offer but it won’t make a bit of difference with this staff because they suck. That’s the reality, plain & simple.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
Multiple players in the transfer portal sighted as saying they are leaving because lack of development and the strength and conditioning program. Princely said he didn't feel NFL ready. I guess even all the players that didn't want Savage gone meant it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Multiple players in the transfer portal sighted as saying they are leaving because lack of development and the strength and conditioning program. Princely said he didn't feel NFL ready. I guess even all the players that didn't want Savage gone meant it.
Yeah, I don’t know why Napier is keeping his S&C guy. He’s one of the worst in the business. That might be the one thing that gets his ass canned. Not the OC problem. Not the two OL Coach problem. The terrible S&C Coach.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Yeah, I don’t know why Napier is keeping his S&C guy. He’s one of the worst in the business. That might be the one thing that gets his ass canned. Not the OC problem. Not the two OL Coach problem. The terrible S&C Coach.
It’s amazing how these egotistical coaches like Mullen and Napier are willing to immolate themselves to keep their buddies employed. Pure mercenary logic. Oh well, silver lining is that we’ll see the backs of all these chumps sooner rather than later thanks to Napier’s bull headed self interest….

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The bulldogs and tigers obviously never saw those seven plays. When uga is .500 next year and Beck is watching the Birmingham Bowl from the paraplegic wing of a nearby hospital, they’ll wish they had.
I'm gonna laugh if he goes there and Kirby only uses him in garbage time because his liability in protection....He's not going to like the competition he'll have there either.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I am sure Kirby will worry about pass pro while Ettiene rushes for 1500 yds next year
Et will have too much competition at UGA to ever get near those numbers and if he won't block in protection he'll only get garbage time carries....

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
We got our asses kicked all year long on both lines regardless of who we were playing. KY made us look like Pop Warner kids. S&C is something Napier clearly underestimates the importance of along with winning.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm gonna laugh if he goes there and Kirby only uses him in garbage time because his liability in protection....He's not going to like the competition he'll have there either.

Pass protection will be much easier behind an O-line that’s good and in a scheme that helps minimize the need for a 200lb back to consistently block a 280lb D lineman.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This guy would be the first to say to Billy “What in the F*k are you doing?”

IMG_2208.jpeg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So I guess the weight room at UF is locked from January to July and there is a shortage of personal trainers in the Gville area or they just won't take a CFB players NIL money....what a crock of sh!t.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Pass protection will be much easier behind an O-line that’s good and in a scheme that helps minimize the need for a 200lb back to consistently block a 280lb D lineman.
UGA RB's are FIERCE in pass protection blocking....just ask some of our LB/DE's....And tell me one time in the last 20 years UGA hasn't had at least 4-5 blue chippers vying for playing time...I think this kid gets a harsh dose of reality and ends up transferring again after next season.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ETN's "vision" isn't all that great either...I could probably pull up 15 plays at least from last year when he broke the LOS and cut right to where the safety was instead of taking it for 6 by breaking the other way.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Okay, alternate scenario.

How funny would it be if we look like shyyt the entire game against Miami. They have the ball 30 seconds left in the game, third & 7, a 3 point lead & we have all 3 timeouts. Instead of kneeling to run out the clock, they run the ball and we strip it and recover the ball at mid-field. Needing only a FG to tie, but with a great opportunity to push for the winning TD, Sun Belt Billy sends the first team offense on the field. The Gator fans are going wild and the stadium is deafeningly loud. The momentum is ours and all of us Gator faithful sense that something special might happen. We’re all thinking Mertz is going to throw the ball deep to our star WR. Instead, Billy has Mertz take a knee and he lets the game clock tick down to 0:00. The stadium goes silent as we all sit in stunned disbelief. The TV reporter meets Billy at midfield for post game comments and asks him why he didn’t try to score. Billy proceeds to compliment Cristobal and says he’s a great coach running a great program. He said because Miami outplayed us the entire game, he didn’t feel right about winning a game where Miami obviously made a silly mistake. He proceeds to say that the high character, right thing to do is take the knee and not take advantage of people when they’re down. Billy also said this would be a learning experience for all the Gator players hurting in the locker room and that someday they’ll be Champions of Life.

Stricklin and Billy meet Sunday morning after the game and Scotty promptly extends Billy’s contract by 5 years and bumps his annual salary to $10.5m. :lol: :lol: :lol:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Sure Jan GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.