Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I look forward to real institutions of higher education eliminating special admissions. Maybe an independent organization can screen every applicant for relative academic standing and make sure only the best qualified get admitted. Then athletic departments could recruit only from the students admitted.
You mean like West Point, Annapolis, the Air Force Academy (and all the Ivy's).... 'cuz they allll do it for foosball players.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Glad to see our staff learned from their lack of portal moves last few years and out there getting it done this year.

TXgators

Nov 11, 2023
Glad to see our staff learned from their lack of portal moves last few years and out there getting it done this year.
too late...next season would be the "make it or break it" season. BN has no time to fix all the issues in the program.

Despite the toughest schedule next year, I think he needs 7 wins to save himself (realistically, I think we can win 4 games).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The CEO to worker pay ratio last year in the U.S. was 344 to 1.

BN makes $7M a year. $7M/344 = $20K.

Players should make approx $20K per year. This is the starting point.

Take tuition, books, meals, room, health etc out of that.

Or just get rid of athletic scholarships altogether.

Let the NFL start and fund thier own minor leagues , off campus.
On the Matthews podcast today they said the Average is around 300k. They are mainly signing bonuses with a yearly number. But the majority of the money is a signing bonus.

The elite kids make about 5-6x that.

He said every kid signed by UF was an NLI deal. He said Lagway’s deal was crazy. Every signing has to do with money. Nobody signs to just go to the school anymore.

He said Amaris Williams was given a crazy high NIL deal. He also said UF has money. But not Auburn money.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
On the Matthews podcast today they said the Average is around 300k. They are mainly signing bonuses with a yearly number. But the majority of the money is a signing bonus.

He said every kid signed by UF was an NLI deal. He said Lagway’s deal was crazy. Every signing has to do with money. Nobody signs to just go to the school anymore.

He said Amaris Williams was given a crazy high NIL deal. He also said UF has money. But not Auburn money.

That there Yella Wood is purty lucrative.

1703209578612.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I really think he’s wrong about that. I can say with 100% certainty that a Top-100 overall, top 10 RB in this class didn’t get that from a top program. I don’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of NIL and was surprised at this myself, but at least in this case that’s what happened. All talk is future money, nothing immediate. And I also think he’s wrong about the average being 300k.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really think he’s wrong about that. I can say with 100% certainty that a Top-100 overall, top 10 RB in this class didn’t get that from a top program. I don’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of NIL and was surprised at this myself, but at least in this case that’s what happened. All talk is future money, nothing immediate. And I also think he’s wrong about the average being 300k.

The 300K averaged didn’t come from him. It came from the Orlando Sentinel writer (I can’t think of his name) that was a guest on his show.

But he did say pretty much all kids get signing bonuses. Some programs don’t do the signing bonuses, but they struggled this year competing against the schools that do.

But if you know somebody who’s already gone through it, I would trust your word over his.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way – if it is future money, that makes me feel much better. Because none of these kids have proven crap.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I've been saying this for 20 years....give them 4 years eligibility(only1 additional year for injury), food, boarding, training and nutritional support. They MUST attend classes and can qualify for a degree but none are given scholly's, just a free education. "Starting pay" is about 15K for freshmen with a 10k "raise" for each year afterward....small bonuses for all conference/all american honors....small bonuses say 3-5k for conference championship, bowl appearance, 10k for playoff birth, 20k for NC. Any convictions, bye bye...drug testing mandatory, 1 failed drug test depending on substance found.

To prevent rashes of BS transfers a player would forfit the "graduating" annual raise unless they are a senior or there has been a coaching change(head coach only)...
You’ve been saying a lot of stupid schit for the last 20 years. We just ignore it assuming it’s related to your chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
By the way – if it is future money, that makes me feel much better. Because none of these kids have proven crap.
College football has turned into LIV golf except these kids haven’t won or proven a thing. The lack of ROI will start to exhaust this process over the next 5 years, nobody is going to keep pumping cash into programs that are essentially buying wins but not winning ships.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
College football has turned into LIV golf except these kids haven’t won or proven a thing. The lack of ROI will start to exhaust this process over the next 5 years, nobody is going to keep pumping cash into programs that are essentially buying wins but not winning ships.
I think (and hope) it'll be less than 5 yrs.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You’ve been saying a lot of stupid schit for the last 20 years. We just ignore it assuming it’s related to your chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
Explain how that is stupid.....Myself and others are fed up with guys no smarter than Apes for the most part taking up schollies from well deserved students who don't qualify for them....If these players want to be paid give a base like I laid out and then make them actually earn any more than that by producing on the field kinda like real life for most of the rest of us.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Explain how that is stupid.....Myself and others are fed up with guys no smarter than Apes for the most part taking up schollies from well deserved students who don't qualify for them....If these players want to be paid give a base like I laid out and then make them actually earn any more than that by producing on the field kinda like real life for most of the rest of us.
Why did you capitalize "apes"?

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Racism The Studio GIF by BLoafX

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator