Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, all this time I had no idea you're supposed to capitalize all nouns. My elementary school teachers were full of sh!t.
You should demand he capitalize all nouns in that post. I mean, you should demand he capitalize all Nouns in that Post.

Nay... all Posts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Score one for the Gators!

If Devin Moore can stay healthy, he will lock down that spot. If he can’t, I feel good about Dijon taking that spot. But I think that we would rather have Dijon take the nickel. And more to stay healthy and take that spot.

In the meantime, can we go out and get another elite corner in the portal? That would help us tremendously. Marshall has regressed in the last couple years, so it would be good insurance against him. And Devin Moore can’t stay healthy. So it would be good insurance against him as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Devin Moore can stay healthy, he will lock down that spot. If he can’t, I feel good about Dijon taking that spot. But I think that we would rather have Dijon take the nickel. And more to stay healthy and take that spot.
I would rather have a real star, hybrid LB/safety playing star, not a third corner. This kid must be able to both cover and essentially play Sam linebacker in a bunch formation. A corner isnt the answer unless you are playing Oregon or Mumme.

I have no idea why we play a Big 12 Air Raid defense against a bunch of terrible ground and pound offenses.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would rather have a real star, hybrid LB/safety playing star, not a third corner.

I have no idea why we play a Big 12 Air Raid defense against a bunch of terrible ground and pound offenses.
Denson 4 has some hair on his ass. He likes contact and is a good cover guy . I think he will do well at nickel . He isn’t a weak pussy like kimmy

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would rather have a real star, hybrid LB/safety playing star, not a third corner.

He was brought in to play that position I think. His build is very similar to Chauncey Gardner.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone that signs on ESD or NSD turn around and enter the Spring portal?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sure they can, or earlier. Ask Rashada.
I don’t think he even entered the portal. I think we released him from his NLI and he just signed with another team.

But I think they can all technically enter whenever the hell they want to.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think he even entered the portal. I think we released him from his NLI and he just signed with another team.

But I think they can all technically enter whenever the hell they want to.
I think now there is a window for the portal, but you could of course just quit the team and wait for the window at any point and other teams would know you were going when you quit. Not sure if that was the case before. Memory isnt great.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think now there is a window for the portal, but you could of course just quit the team and wait for the window at any point and other teams would know you were going when you quit. Not sure if that was the case before. Memory isnt great.
That’s never stopped you before, why now?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have lots of hair on my ass
For some reason I’m feeling the above statement is a qualifier when swaying patients toward a risky procedure. I’m impressed. I’d typically go with the swashbuckler that KNOWS he can win as opposed to a doc that THINKS he can!

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
For some reason I’m feeling the above statement is a qualifier when swaying patients toward a risky procedure. I’m impressed. I’d typically go with the swashbuckler that KNOWS he can win as opposed to a doc that THINKS he can!
National treasure you are.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorJ have you or @williston_gator heard anything on ETN? Would have thought with nearly two weeks of the portal being open and after ESD there would have been something about him. Saw one post on another site saying that he's not getting what he expected out of UGAy. But, that't the internet.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
@GatorJ have you or @williston_gator heard anything on ETN? Would have thought with nearly two weeks of the portal being open and after ESD there would have been something about him. Saw one post on another site saying that he's not getting what he expected out of UGAy. But, that't the internet.
If ETN were to withdraw from the portal, what would be the general reaction from fans? I’d certainly forgive and forget.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That would be poetic justice if he gets less NIL $ and winds up at a non contender. Please let it happen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If ETN were to withdraw from the portal, what would be the general reaction from fans? I’d certainly forgive and forget.

There’s some speculation that he might. I think he had a pretty strong NIL from Florida. Running back is one of those positions where you can kind of plug and play. If he left because he wants to win then he should go to a program where he can. If he left because of NIL, he’s foolish.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he left because he wants to win then he should go to a program where he can. If he left because of NIL, he’s foolish.
Winning or losing had zero to do with why he left. Of that I'm sure of.

It would be hilarious if he returned. By God, he's only got one year left and then he's off to the NFL, which I'm certain is all he cares about. He would be getting a ton of carries here. Leaving is flat-out dumb.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
He left because his know-it-all brother convinced him the grass was greener on the other side of the fence. Life lessons in store for him?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Winning or losing had zero to do with why he left. Of that I'm sure of.

It would be hilarious if he returned. By God, he's only got one year left and then he's off to the NFL, which I'm certain is all he cares about. He would be getting a ton of carries here. Leaving is flat-out dumb.
Yes it would, but mom would have to eat some crow if “RB2” were to remain a Gator.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.