Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looking out for onesself is the very definition of untrustworthy. Mission first, Mates second, self last.

Agree. What I’d like to see is instead of these guys conceding and just entering the portal, find a katana and impale yourself to preserve the family honor. I know that may seem a little far fetched, but really any sharp object would work. Of course, good luck getting that through to the kids these days. Thanks, Ricki Lake.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Losing scoobys not that big of a loss. Kind of a head scratcher. But I can definitely see graham getting a good bit of his snaps this year regardless.
Agree

Can anyone think of a big play he made after the Tennessee game? Did he start after the KY game?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
sitting mr mackey GIF by South Park

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Looking out for onesself is the very definition of untrustworthy. Mission first, Mates second, self last.
It’s not as if our house is in order so, there is that piece to consider. And looking out for one’s self is certainly not on its own the definition of untrustworthy.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
It’s not as if our house is in order so, there is that piece to consider. And looking out for one’s self is certainly not on its own the definition of untrustworthy.
You sir are correct. Looking out for onesself first, however, portends untrustworthyness.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
See, I was always taught that being part of a team, whether sports or crew, meant putting your own ambitions and aspirations last (in relation to the team and teammates). Man down, man up. Stand in the Gap. No man left behind. On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days, on other fields, will bear the fruit of victory. Integrity first, Service before self, Excellence in all we do. You know, stuff like that.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
See, I was always taught that being part of a team, whether sports or crew, meant putting your own ambitions and aspirations last (in relation to the team and teammates). Man down, man up. Stand in the Gap. No man left behind. On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days, on other fields, will bear the fruit of victory. Integrity first, Service before self, Excellence in all we do. You know, stuff like that.

Me too.
Apparently we are dinosaurs.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If these players truly felt that they were being taught and prepared for success at the next level, none of them would leave. We can talk about money and playing time but the truth is they need experience and development which they are not getting.

In the business world where the bottom line is money, there is such a thing as highly coveted internships which offer no pay but experience and development. This clearly falls on the coach.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bet you'd love it if we had a coach and staff that knew how to use it to our advantage!
In the bigger picture, I would still hate it. The whole NIL and Portal crap is taking the fun out of Fandom for me. I grew up when kid's dreamed of playing for their favorite team now it's just a job..... show me the money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.