Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
no surprise Nunnery did not have what was needed and I would believe the staff misled on some levels.
there were reports from months back about how much of a stud he was. napier himself went out of his way to praise him as one of the next impact players on the team. not unlike the offensive line in year 1, and the defense in year 2. :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He didn’t trash the program at all. But you’re right, he’s an illiterate, lousy player that Napier gave a scholarship too and even Nunnery has enough sense to know Slingblade is a shyt play caller.

That stupid motherfucher called the triple flea flicker reverse play again in the spring game. Has to be the first coach in history with 2 offensive coordinators and neither one of them call plays. :lol:
I am certain the play that Mr, Nunnery so eloquently referenced was the defensive play call on 4th down against Mizzou. His assessment his 100% correct and any Pop Warner coach would have been in the proper defense defending the line to gain. But we clearly do not have that defense as it has never been seen on any 3rd or 4th and distance. Real teams have it.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
there were reports from months back about how much of a stud he was. napier himself went out of his way to praise him as one of the next impact players on the team. not unlike the offensive line in year 1, and the defense in year 2. :lol:
Well, I don't know what to make of it. If it were a Bama player under Saban, we would believe he's mostly FOS. With Nappier, who knows.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am certain the play that Mr, Nunnery so eloquently referenced was the defensive play call on 4th down against Mizzou. His assessment his 100% correct and any Pop Warner coach would have been in the proper defense defending the line to gain. But we clearly do not have that defense as it has never been seen on any 3rd or 4th and distance. Real teams have it.
Yes, it looks like our players play the way the staff instructs. If not that, the staff is still responsible. Nunnery was probably a liability in coverage. Seems from his time at Houston, he could tackle.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know your kind
ill kill you the office GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So is this a semi-compliment to the staff? :ugh:
Well, they were the ones that recruited him in the portal after he failed in the Big 10.

Is that better?

He got cut and will have few if any further options. The problem is all these six, seventh and eighth year players are eating up those 85 spots.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
"Where are they now" updates on players in the portal with UF connections........

WR Raymond Cottrell Jr. - A 4* star recruit in the '23 class who initially committed to the good guys in the summer of '21. About ten days before Cousin Eddie was fired, Cottrell decommitted from us and immediately committed to Ugly. Pretty sure the two were unrelated. In any event, he remained a dwag recruit for well over a year before switching to aTm shortly before signing day. He lasted less than a year there before heading over to UK where he has lasting a whopping 4 months before he decided he wanted to be somewhere else. This probably means the end of his touring around the SEC. Hmmm....sounds like Null or scUM material. (Whichever one he picks, the odds are he'll transfer to the other the next day.)

RB TreVonte' Citizen - big back (6'1" 220#) out of Louisiana, from the '22 class who a lot of folks - who somehow think one can predict the decisions of teenagers - were convinced was UF bound. Yeah, uh no; he picked scUM. After not getting a single carry in his time there, he has decided that Coral Gables is not the place for him - or perhaps it was decided for him. Apparently he had a pretty serious ACL injury that may have wrecked his career before it ever got started. Always hate to hear these kinds of stories; even when they play for one of our rivals

WR Tyler Williams - A 4*, top 100 recruit out of Lakeland, in the '23 class he was initially very interested in UF but changed over time to Ugly and ultimately signed with them. After redshirting this past season, he had a spring game with zero catches. Given that the dwags brought in three WRs from the portal over the winter, perhaps he saw the writing on the wall. In any event, another guy who will in all likelihood be moving on from the SEC

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Courts are closeted homosexuals
In the old days I would have slapped a cease and desist on you for using one of Ox's trademarked phrases. But after years of Ox draining me and forcing me to use prostitutes only from his stable, Im just not giving any more free services.

Your status as bottom b!tch might also grant special favor so I'm not interested in researching more.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the old days I would have slapped a cease and desist on you for using one of Ox's trademarked phrases. But after years of Ox draining me and forcing me to use prostitutes only from his stable, Im just not giving any more free services.

Your status as bottom b!tch might also grantee special favor so I'm not interested in researching more.
Well fuchs you too buddy :lol:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I just took a glance at the portal. 34 SEC players entered this week, no Gators.
IDK what this means, just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.