Votes: 105 64.4%
  • Kyle Trask

Votes: 58 35.6%

• Total voters

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Franks watches that much film and is still that clueless with the ball in his hands?

The rest of the story is that it was home movies from Grimes vacation, not practice film. He thought they should have taken the 295 by-pass around Jacksonville, rather than staying on 95 the whole way.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Them's fightin' words!!!!

Heard BMF was short for Been Molesting Foley :hahaha:

He must be watching film of Doug Johnson. Nobody threw the ball into the dirt better than Doug Johnson.

Hated watching Doug play. He had this gay ass vanity tag that said Slinger, and then gets passed by a walk-on

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hammond and Wells are only going to be back ups this year anyway. I’m not worried about Toney.

Franks will be replaced by the LSU game anyway.

Honestly, is there a less deserving scholarship player on this team than Wells?

In 2 seasons, 3 legal issues(including the cc fraud) and just absolute garbage practice performance almost every update. All from a McElwain special who was taking visits to places like VaTech the weekend before signing day. Please cut this clown already and open up space for real players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Move him to DB. He is a physical player. If he doesn't make it then the move will likely push him to find another school. Apparently we aren't allowed to Saban unproductive players anymore.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Move him to DB. He is a physical player. If he doesn't make it then the move will likely push him to find another school. Apparently we aren't allowed to Saban unproductive players anymore.

I’m fine with that. But I’m going to say he’s too slow. I’ve seen nothing in him to suggest that he’s anything more than an overrated kid with bad judgement.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m fine with that. But I’m going to say he’s too slow. I’ve seen nothing in him to suggest that he’s anything more than an overrated kid with bad judgement.
5th string strong safety.

Back to your original post, yes there are many undeserving players on scholarship right now.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I’m a huge fan of his tape. He does block on it, not amazing but solid. Add in the kid was a solid DE in high school. I think he simply has more tools than any other tightens we have. Maybe less Krull if he can still play football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or you can be a 3 Star and have a 5 Star career like Trey Burton.
No offense, but Trey Burton didn't have a 5 star career. He was just a dude. A useful dude, but he never really even had a position.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Franks watches that much film and is still that clueless with the ball in his hands?

A few years ago, I remember an nfl scout talking about QBs. He said some QBs watch a ton of film because they have a special head for the game. Other QBs watch a bunch of film because they don't. Franks is clearly the guy who has to watch that much film just be be the guy he is right now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

If he does play, he'll likely be a Kenneth Tookes type player (5 career receptions and 180 blocking plays). The 2005 season was very unimpressive and this offense was so frustrating to watch (the square peg analogy). They literally trotted Tookes out there every time they intended to run the ball, you could see it from row 88 "....it's a running play to the strong side!" Wells is big, and so far that's his only redeeming quality.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
Trevon Grimes: The receiver could be a difference maker for Florida this year and Saturday’s practice showed why. His burst on routes will make him a threat on deep balls, his height helped when he needed to reach for balls and while working with Billy Gonzales on a drill to help slap away defensive backs, he completely overmanned his opponent.

Feleipe Franks: Another day, another chapter in the ongoing quarterback battle. Today it was Franks who looked a bit sharper in the periods open to media. He delivered on intermediate throws, long balls, RPO’s and the only drop he had was to a receiver that was buried deep on the depth chart.

Martez Ivey: Line coach John Hevesy was relentless about the details with his linemen this morning. He made several of them repeat drills step by step, barking he’d make them run the whole field if they didn’t sharpen up. Ivey though showed he is blossoming under Hevesy, watching every slight movement his coach wants him to make and matching him.

Dameon Pierce: To be such a bowling ball, Pierce looked surprisingly limber in RPO drills. In fact of all the running backs, he looked the smoothest during RPO’s, with a quickness that made his timing with Franks seamless.

Kyle Pitts: The freshman tight end makes our Top Five two days in a row after another impressive practice during which coaches could be heard praising him all morning. During passing drills with the quarterbacks, Pitts was consistently sharp on routes and helping the passers out when a throw was slow, coming back for the ball.

THIS AND THAT
Feleipe Franks was was one of the first players out at practice while Kyle Trask and Emory Jones found themselves near the back but chances are it won’t happen again. Nick Savagetold them they need to be the first ones in every day or they’d have to spend time with him afterwards...During a strip drill, Mullen had a gem of a motivational quote for the guys, telling them to “get the ball like it’s a d*mn cheeseburger”...Jay Jacobs, the former Auburn AD now on the Florida staff, was out at practice today with UF AD Scott Stricklin, introducing himself to staff and media, getting to know his new school.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

TOP FIVE PERFORMERS.

Say what? Special Teams? What’s that?

Thumbs Up: Florida head coach Dan Mullenhas promised special teams will be more of an emphasis and so far he’s keeping that promise. The first period of practice saw guys rotating between stations, working on blocking punts, kicks, coverage and everything in between. While blocking punts, Jon Gould was beating his defenders well; that is until a string of starters (Mullen has stated every player will have to play special teams) smothered him. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson blocked one that would allow him to score in a game whileTrevon Grimes, Tyrie Cleveland and Dameon Pierce swallowed up the punts they faced.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier checking out the receivers to make sure they’re doing what they’re supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.