3* RB Malik Davis commits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the loss of Massey in game 1 has really hurt this team
He hasnt played a down. Its a little premature to declare him a game changer orthe reason for the lack of production. Most jucos like Putu and Mark Thompson struggle with the transition to Sec football.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He hasnt played a down. Its a little premature to declare him a game changer orthe reason for the lack of production. Most jucos like Putu and Mark Thompson struggle with the transition to Sec football.

Fair point... I was more basing it on the hype coming out of training camp (which may or may not have been true). I do think we lack in pure play makers with elite speed, so having a guy like Massey would have helped, but how much... I don't know. At least with punt and kick returns hopefully.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Worton had hype coming out of camp.

Fullwood.

Taven Bryan.

etc

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yep, Cam Newton and Nick Fairly are rare. We had a good one in Jarran Reed, but he couldn't qualify and ended up at Bama a year later

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
My two cents for what it's worth (not much btw), this to me is most likely a plan B pickup. It seems like Lemmons was the guy we wanted and fit the mold of a bigger back that MAC likes for his system. But having said that, with Lemmons ( don't know his situation) something happened for him to have to de-commit than re-commit than de-commit again. IDK it just seems sketchy and once he de-committed the second time, the staff was not going to be played again like last year with Manuel at DT (although they should have had multiple DT's in that class). So, while Davis doesn't seem like he was the first option, and doesn't really fit the mold Mac likes in his RB i.e. bigger backs, it does give us a very talented Tampa Kid has a safety net who certainly can't be knocked for his high school stats which are really good.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My two cents for what it's worth (not much btw), this to me is most likely a plan B pickup. It seems like Lemmons was the guy we wanted and fit the mold of a bigger back that MAC likes for his system. But having said that, with Lemmons ( don't know his situation) something happened for him to have to de-commit than re-commit than de-commit again. IDK it just seems sketchy and once he de-committed the second time, the staff was not going to be played again like last year with Manuel at DT (although they should have had multiple DT's in that class). So, while Davis doesn't seem like he was the first option, and doesn't really fit the mold Mac likes in his RB i.e. bigger backs, it does give us a very talented Tampa Kid has a safety net who certainly can't be knocked for his high school stats which are really good.

There's no doubt he was a Plan B. He's the FIFTEENTH ranked back IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA! I guess the other 14 didn't want to play here.

Honestly, if this kid comes in and redshirts, puts on 10+ pounds and plays at 205-10 as a redshirt freshman I'm sure he'll be serviceable. I'm happy we have a Plan B here. Anyone remember the Plan B DT we signed last year? Me neither.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine the heartburn w give Saban and Creyer when we swoop in like honeybadgers who just dont care and sign these guys at will?

Ive watched a bit of this kid and he reminds me of a poor man's Mon Williams.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he did finish with a Gator chomp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.