He said Tattoo. :lol:
Someone needs to fix the avatar.

151012-news-fantasy-island.jpg

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Last I checked, there were 52 weeks in a year. Not the couple Mac got to spend on the 2015 class. Rex said "recruiting year" not class, much of that class was Chumps as well.
I remember there being like 3 or 4 dudes in that class in December. It's a bit of a stretch to say "much" of it was mus

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really have a dog in this fight, just being a pedantic jerk :lol:
I thought there were more than that at the time, but I know there was a dip, and that the class we finished with was a surprise, all things considering, but you could be right on the number, I'm not sure.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I thought there were more than that at the time, but I know there was a dip, and that the class we finished with was a surprise, all things considering, but you could be right om the number, I'm not sure.

I'm fairly sure it was in the 8-12 range. That said, less than 2 months is hardly an adequate amount of time to build a solid class, unless a 95% product is gift wrapped for you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will give mac some credit for recovering his first class. He did have two 5 star players gift wrapped but he brought in some solid players too and brought in some linemen. That was a very solid job for having 2 months to sign a class. If we could get that sense of urgency year round and some better decision making along the way, we'd be ok on that front.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fairly sure it was in the 8-12 range. That said, less than 2 months is hardly an adequate amount of time to build a solid class, unless a 95% product is gift wrapped for you.

I don't think it was. I think I was around 4-6 kids. It was disastrous.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Going into his 4th RECRUITING year the QB whisperer should have his pick of the litter regardless of our program status or Nuss. That's all on Mac.

Mac was hired as UF's new HC Dec 4, 2014. A dead period was continuing 'til Dec. 14.
Then recruiters from all schools crammed into his contact period "month" from Dec.15, 2014 to Jan. 14, 2015. One month of Mac's personal recruiting! Then Jan 15 - 31 = dead period. Feb. 1 Quiet Period ... Feb 2-5 Dead Period >> Feb. 4 NSD.
Thus the good ones are gone to their long-term recruiting relationships.

So from the above (which sportswriters designated 2015 Mac's "transition" class) you could say the 2015 class was not Mac's first recruited class - that would make 2016 his 1st and 2017 his 2nd.

Deduce from the above that whatever Mac has done at UF, that he's done it with "his guys" being Freshman & Sophomores + RSFreshman. Is that long enough to develop a program where all new program turnovers have their ups & downs? I bet that the solid HCs see firing Mac after that short a period as UF being a radical and a tenuous place to "hire on"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In essence, I'm just supporting "gatorbait's" preposted view.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Look up my posting history when it comes to Milton you moron. His stats are far worse than any other 4-5 star QB. His stats are worse than many 3 star QBs if not most of them. The, he's on a bad team doesn't explain the numerous times he'll throw the ball in the dirt or over a receivers head which he does with a clean pocket. Something isn't right with him. His play doesn't match what he does at camps or workouts. If his play doesn't improve massively, he'll lose that 4 star status quick.
You ever thought his team is bad because everyone around him sucks including his HS coaches?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm going to chime in on this one: no matter how anyone wants to sugar-coat this, this is McElwain's 4th recruiting class. Period, done, nothing else to discuss.

Sugar-coating (i.e. making excuses) for the first class (which he did a hell of a job with) is not going to change to fact that this is HIS 4th recruiting class.

While you're making excuses for the short time he had to put together the first class, take a look at coaches like Smart & Kiffin - they were in the middle of a college football playoff/national title run. Coaches, all the time, have short periods to recruit during their first year. Not many get the Urban Meyer to Ohio State time frame. If anything, McElwain had 2 weeks or so (give or take) that "most" coaches get when taking over a program.

So, moving forward: 2018 is McElwain's FOURTH RECRUIT CLASS!!!!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to chime in on this one: no matter how anyone wants to sugar-coat this, this is McElwain's 4th recruiting class. Period, done, nothing else to discuss.

Sugar-coating (i.e. making excuses) for the first class (which he did a hell of a job with) is not going to change to fact that this is HIS 4th recruiting class.

While you're making excuses for the short time he had to put together the first class, take a look at coaches like Smart & Kiffin - they were in the middle of a college football playoff/national title run. Coaches, all the time, have short periods to recruit during their first year. Not many get the Urban Meyer to Ohio State time frame. If anything, McElwain had 2 weeks or so (give or take) that "most" coaches get when taking over a program.

So, moving forward: 2018 is McElwain's FOURTH RECRUIT CLASS!!!!
No one is making "excuses" about the first class :rotfl:
Not a single person is saying it was a bad class, in fact, just as you stated, I also stated that it turned out to be a surprising class all things considered.

Read what was actually posted...he said YEAR, not class, you're welcome ;) Not a single person is contesting that it's the 4th CLASS.

Certainly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference in these two terms...now ask yourself, why didn't he just say CLASS from the get go :scratchchin:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No one is making "excuses" about the first class :rotfl:
Not a single person is saying it was a bad class, in fact, just as you stated, I also stated that it turned out to be a surprising class all things considered.

Read what was actually posted...he said YEAR, not class, you're welcome ;) Not a single person is contesting that it's the 4th CLASS.

Certainly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference in these two terms...now ask yourself, why didn't he just say CLASS from the get go :scratchchin:

UR, semantics and you know it. We all know he meant this is his FOURTH RECRUITING CLASS. Pick and choose your battles. If you want to piss and moan about "years" vs. "class", fine. But I'll sit here and know that this is McElwain's 4th class. BTW, how many "years" has Richt been recruiting Miami and how many "years" has Kirby been recruiting UGA? These excuses for the crap job of recruiting is old. With that, I like the start this year better than any of his classes, so hopefully that bodes well for McElwain's FOURTH class...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UR, semantics and you know it. We all know he meant this is his FOURTH RECRUITING CLASS.
Of course that's what he meant, so why not say it that way? The reason is because folks like him LOATHE this coach, and go out of their way to make everything the worst possible scenario period. Is this not well known on this board?

Pick and choose your battles. If you want to piss and moan about "years" vs. "class", fine.
No battles bro, just posting on a message board...I mean, that's what it's for right? If we aren't here to discuss things...what's the point? :dunno:

But I'll sit here and know that this is McElwain's 4th class.
And not a single poster will disagree.

BTW, how many "years" has Richt been recruiting Miami and how many "years" has Kirby been recruiting UGA? These excuses for the crap job of recruiting is old.
:facepalm: this discussion had nothing to do with whether or not any of the classes were good :lol2:

With that, I like the start this year better than any of his classes, so hopefully that bodes well for McElwain's FOURTH class...
I agree, I hope it continues, seems these new coaching hires are making headway, but can they finish, that's the real question, we'll see in 9-10 months, but so far, things have picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator