5 game schedule

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but if we do end up going 10-2 in the regular season, would that inspire confidence in coach Mac?
No, but he won't so it doesn't matter.

I'm the kind of guy who can see the ingredients going into the soup and know whether or not I probably will like the soup. He better start landing the right ingredients and proving he knows how to cook.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac goes 3-2 against LSU, Missouri,UGA, Arky and FSU I would be pleasantly surprised and have faith he can at least coach a team. My prediction right now is we go 1-4 in those 5 games with just a single win against Missouri or Georgia.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, I'm pretty confident we lose to either USC or Mizzu and lose to all the other mediocre or better teams.
Mizzou's defensive front will have their way with our OL. I wouldn't be shocked if they pitched a shutout against us.

I don't see us being competitive against LSU, FSU or Arky. The Dwags suck as badly as we do, so that's a toss-up.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou's defensive front will have their way with our OL. I wouldn't be shocked if they pitched a shutout against us.

I don't see us being competitive against LSU, FSU or Arky. The Dwags suck as badly as we do, so that's a toss-up.

Didn't they just give up 42 to LSU?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I expect us to lose too but until that happens I'm gonna hope we show up and play better.
I'll hope, like I've been doing so for 7 years. I wish just wish the coaching staff would quit hoping and start doing!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
You can count me among the pumpers if you care to. Don't matter none to me. Regardless of dire predictions, the game will be played and winner determined on the field of play, not on GC.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not saying we're going to break the scoreboard against them, but Missouri's defense has taken a MASSIVE step back this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can beat mizzo, I expect that to be a W, but the other games I honestly don't have much faith in. I think we can play with uga and that might be a tossup. I think the other 3 are losses, and I don't think we'll be all that competitive in them either. This team and staff is not good at all.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't they just give up 42 to LSU?

Their quick linemen were penetrating LSU was just too physical. I have a feeling Mizzou will have LDR running for his life in that game unless we establish our running game.

Last edited:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
At this point you can pretty much rest assured that any game in which we have to score more than 21 points to win is probably a loss. Despite :butters: being happy with the offense, we just cannot get into a scoring match with anyone and have a prayer of winning.

Worst case is we get stomped by LSU and :butters: loses the team a-la second half of last season and we finish out 1-6 and totally uncompetitive. I personally think we'll go 2-5 with wins against Presbyterian and hopefully stealing a win against Chump and would be really lucky to go 3-4 to end the year.

Just don't think Hee Haw's "College Football Coaching for Dummies" is going to arrive in time to make a difference.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Lol hell no, it was embarrassing to be there. I would prefer to not go to a bowl unless it's a decent one. But ya know what's worse than a crappy bowl? Losing to a crappy team in a crappy bowl. Bottom line is if you have to play a game, you need to win.
No crappy was in Adam Lanes pants!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Their quick linemen were penetrating LSU was just too physical. I have a feeling Mizzou will have LDR running for his life in that game unless we establish our running game.

LDR has one good knee. If he plays, he ain't running anywhere.

LSU - L, Mizz - W, UGA - W, Ark - L, USC - W, FSU -L

We beat the cupcake, split the other games, and end up 8-4. We could also easily crap the bed and go 6-6.

Next year's schedule will be tougher and the defense will be awful. Six wins in 2017 is a distinct possibility

Not good enough. No way recruits will line up to be a part of this circus.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At this point, 2 of those sure wins (usce and Mizzou) are now in the "toss up" column. So I think it's about a 7 game schedule, with 6 left. Like others have said, it's more than just the record. I think how which games we lose, and how we do it is just as important. Personally, I think we can lose Saturday and still be ok. I'm in the camp that we beat Mizzou. The uga game is huge for recruiting and control in that series. Letting a first year coach retake Jax is something we simply cannot have. Ark is only a bad loss if it's a "last straw" moment, being one of 4-5 total. Otherwise, it's a tricky game that the best teams sometimes lose. There is no excuse for losing to the gamecocks. That one could be a death blow to this staff given the circumstances. Tough to see us winning in Doak unless they really flail down the stretch. As much as we need it from a recruiting standpoint, I don't think his losing that game would be unacceptable considering where the two teams are at, and where our AD allowed them to get. A blowout there, or in any of these games would change my feelings as well.

But I think going 4-2 would still carry some momentum into next year, especially if coupled with a solid bowl performance. Going 3-3 would have him under considerable pressure. Sub .500, and he's coaching for his life next season, likely in vain.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
At this point, I'm pretty confident we lose to either USC or Mizzu and lose to all the other mediocre or better teams.

I think we'll hang with Mizzu, could go either way. I do not believe we will lose to USCe, or that it will be close. We may not score more than 21 on USCe, but they may not score more than 3*.

*Depending on another vanishing act by our defense like last season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
None of the bowls matter except BCS and playoff. Because the way the system is set up now.. the rest of these bowls are just paid vacations. The bowls outside of the games that matter are just TV time fillers now.

Not even remotely true. They mean A LOT for recruiting. That's just defeatist.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not even remotely true. They mean A LOT for recruiting. That's just defeatist.

So the Birmingham bowl matters? the GMAC care car bowl? etc... etc.. The new version of the bowl season is crap. If you aren't playing for a BCS or a playoff game, you just got yourself a vacation for a week and extra practice time. So do you think we had a $hitty recruiting class due to the Tangerine Bowl, or because our coaches couldn't recruit. If it mattered so much, why weren't we in the top 10 in recruiting rankings before it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.