7 Reasons to be positive about UF football in 2017

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
No one knows which way the 2017 season will go. To me the biggest question is Franks. Will he be a phenom or a flunky or somewhere in between?

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
yeah, that statement may be his undoing. I would think he regrets saying that at this point

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I order off a website called puroexpress.com. they ship from switzerland and usually have the serial number on the box so that you can plug it into the habanos SA website to verify authenticity.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think there's some validity to this post, but the factors need to be weighed. Yes, schedule helps. And let's not discount the importance of the kicking game. And I'm very happy about the running backs and wideouts we're returning next year. But the two most important factors remain offensive line and quarterback, and I don't see a Bell, Wuerffel, or Grossman (or a Galen Hall or Steve Spurrier) on our roster (or staff).

Why is Alabama beating everybody so badly? That's simple. Really freakin' simple. They have three offensive lines and two defensive lines, each one better than anybody else in the league.

We don't. And until we do, we're just blowing hot air.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Schedule is favorable next year and we SHOULD have better QB play so 9 wins is expected. D will take some lumps but will be coached up and be a good D. Do I think that Mac is the answer? Probably Not, but I would rather win 9 than lose 9 games. Remember 9-10 wins wasn't enough when Spurrier was head coach either...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The seven reasons listed are why we will at least make a bowl game this year.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
we will either be improved or we wont. I am expecting honestly another middling year with a record of 8-5.
That's kind of what I'm expecting except there's a twist. I'm thinking the O will have a few 500 yards games and will bail out the D a few times.
I think there's some validity to this post, but the factors need to be weighed. Yes, schedule helps. And let's not discount the importance of the kicking game. And I'm very happy about the running backs and wideouts we're returning next year. But the two most important factors remain offensive line and quarterback, and I don't see a Bell, Wuerffel, or Grossman (or a Galen Hall or Steve Spurrier) on our roster (or staff).

Why is Alabama beating everybody so badly? That's simple. Really freakin' simple. They have three offensive lines and two defensive lines, each one better than anybody else in the league.

We don't. And until we do, we're just blowing hot air.
It always comes down to the big uglies. The OL s/b much, much improved next season (including experienced depth). The Dline ... not so much depth. We are a long way from competing with Bamma.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I see Yr3 as another Yr2.
- We don't know what we have at QB
- The D may have taken a bigger hit than Yr2, but many of us aren't expecting a massive drop off
- The O may be a little better given the depth and experience at OL/WR/RB (I'll admit OL needs more depth, but biggest question is still QB)
- ST is in great hands (feet?) with Eddie and Townsend. We thought AC would be good on returns (didn't happen), but we have expectations of Massey (still do).

Only real difference for me is the number of home games, and having weak road games. So I see Yr3 being another 9-10 win season, another SEC-E (maybe UGA challenges), and we'll have to see if we can compete with F$U yet, or how we approach the bowl game.

Oh, and I see another year of the dumpers grumbling about the same sht they grumbled about this year because it won't be any different.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I don't see us chasing UGAY in Pre-Season hype. For one thing, we're never pre-season anything other than a fat question mark. Secondly, UGA has simply displaced TN as the pre-season anointed for SEC-E, that hasn't really changed anything for us.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
And now for one good reason NOT to feel optimistic about 2017: A head coach who is apparently pleased with an OC with the worst offensive output in the SEC and near the bottom in all of CFB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And now for one good reason NOT to feel optimistic about 2017: A head coach who is apparently pleased with an OC with the worst offensive output in the SEC and near the bottom in all of CFB.
It's not just the OC, it's the entire O staff. So far, he's keeping the entire O staff that have for 2 years in a row produced a 100+ ranked offense. WTF? If it's broken...fix it! He's writing his own ticket out of town.

And there's a pumper here predicting a 9-10 win season just a few posts above yours. Unbelievable.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
It's not just the OC, it's the entire O staff. So far, he's keeping the entire O staff that have for 2 years in a row produced a 100+ ranked offense. WTF? If it's broken...fix it! He's writing his own ticket out of town.

And there's a pumper here predicting a 9-10 win season just a few posts above yours. Unbelievable.
Unbelievable, huh? How many games did we win this year? Our QB, OL, and WRs will definitely be better next year. How could they not when all the key players will be back with another year of experience? You think LDR will win the job AND he won't have improved in a year AND he'll be worse than Appleby?

So, predicting 9 wins = pumper? OK, how about the neGators who think we'll win 4 or 5 games next year put their money where their doom-and-gloom mouths are? I'd take that bet for sure, but, more importantly, Vegas will take that action all day long. Believe what you're spewing? Great, here's your chance to man up and prove it. Put your money down and then post some proof here to confirm. Come on, you mock-everything, complaining wusses. I dare you.

So, what's the over/under on how many neGators will do it? Whatever it is, I think I'll take the under.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Thanx to OP for post. For those who scoff at highlighting the punter/kicker as reasons to be positive...just remember the good ol' days when extra points were a risky adventure. Lousy punter/kicker can cost several wins on even a well-stocked team otherwise.
Wow. The good ole days isn't SEC/NC titles it's having good kickers? Mus/Mac have broken Gatornations spirit.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unbelievable, huh? How many games did we win this year? Our QB, OL, and WRs will definitely be better next year. How could they not when all the key players will be back with another year of experience? You think LDR will win the job AND he won't have improved in a year AND he'll be worse than Appleby?

So, predicting 9 wins = pumper? OK, how about the neGators who think we'll win 4 or 5 games next year put their money where their doom-and-gloom mouths are? I'd take that bet for sure, but, more importantly, Vegas will take that action all day long. Believe what you're spewing? Great, here's your chance to man up and prove it. Put your money down and then post some proof here to confirm. Come on, you mock-everything, complaining wusses. I dare you.

So, what's the over/under on how many neGators will do it? Whatever it is, I think I'll take the under.

Ladies and gentleman: a pumper!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.