A Glimmer of Hope?

Gatorboy856

May 18, 2016
I'm thinking optimistic due to the early kickoff time. Maybe they will be lethargic and we will have played a nooner last week? Maybe the Fisher reports trickle into the locker room. Maybe they check out???

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If we allow a damn Corndog fake kick decide this game I swear my :pumper:pumper status will be in hiatus.

I will pisss on Mac's door if we fall for that again. I'll even ring the bell and wait for him to open it.

Finebaum keeps saying

Who?

I think I found one of your problems. Dude is all about getting attention without merit or substance.

I'm pretty sure Thompson has to sit out the first half. If so I see us kicking at the start if we win the toss of course.
Something Mac has done I think only once or maybe twice in his time here.

Ox had it right - penalty was right before half, so he was suspended for remainder of that game and free for this game.

On the kicking off bit...I know we kicked to USCe to start the game. I can't recall who won the toss throughout the season, nor do I know facts on if we (Mac) typically take the ball or kick away to start the game. I thought, as the D is the power of the team, we would typically kick to start and let the D set a tone of 3-and-out while keeping that 2nd half kick off to us in our pocket.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are going to be okay in this game! I feel that we are going to play like our hair is on fire and the only way to put it out is hitting the heck out these guys. We see that the SEC East is ours with a win, we heard all the $#!T talk from the corndogs because of the hurricane, and everyone in the world is against us. These are big motivators for us. But I will tell you this. If we allow a damn Corndog fake kick decide this game I swear my :pumper:pumper status will be in hiatus.
NCO, you are king :pumper:! Keep up the good work!
cheers-gif.gif

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
If we score any points i'll be happy....

This is the same LSU team that manhandled an Arkansas team that made us look like a pee-wee football team; I am not expecting to compete for more than the opening kickoff....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I ain't gonna lie, I was hoping McCoy would be moved to NT like his dad and become an All-SEC player. But I'm stoked he played great vs SC and got a chance to prove himself. Now I hope he's our starting Center for the next 3 years and wins the Remington Award! (or whatever f'ing award they give to Center's)

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bart, c'mon man! You've got that title locked up for at least one more year! :D
You haven't paid attention that past couple of weeks. No pumping coming from my corner, though I did predict a win at LSU in the prediction thread. So maybe a little pumping, but I'm not gonna pick against my team if money's not involved.
I do admire NCO for pumping on.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You haven't paid attention that past couple of weeks. No pumping coming from my corner, though I did predict a win at LSU in the prediction thread. So maybe a little pumping, but I'm not gonna pick against my team if money's not involved.

He's a pumping son of b%#@!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I figure with all this negativity going on from both the football and political season, at least I can do is pump some :chomp::pumper:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our smallish D line wasn't stopping that running attack even if we had no injuries. Arkansas isn't nearly what LSU is in the run game and they manhandled our D line on many plays. Even when we had more size last year and stacked the box we still got ran on by LSU and the line last year actually had much better run stopping ability. We have built our run defense stats this year against weak rushing attacks in reality.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Our smallish D line wasn't stopping that running attack even if we had no injuries. Arkansas isn't nearly what LSU is in the run game and they manhandled our D line on many plays. Even when we had more size last year and stacked the box we still got ran on by LSU and the line last year actually had much better run stopping ability. We have built our run defense stats this year against weak rushing attacks in reality.

Preach, brother!

But I think this is supposed to be a sunshine thread...so take that sh*t outta here!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we score any points i'll be happy....

This is the same LSU team that manhandled an Arkansas team that made us look like a pee-wee football team; I am not expecting to compete for more than the opening kickoff....

Ahh, but that Arkansas team got steamrolled by Auburn who just lost to UGA who we beat!

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
Florida will win, or lose, depending on if they can win the line of scrimmage. It doesn't matter if you're "fired up" if the other team is better in the trenches. Florida can play it's best game, and still lose badly to LSU. I thought UF, in the words of McElwain, "played their tails off" against FSU last year, but FSU was just superior.
I think LSU's offensive and defensive lines are better than Florida's, and it doesn't matter what defense is called or plays called on offense if you are beaten on the line.
Injuries are a factor, but everyone is injured this time of year. I doubt Del Rio is injured. Did he make any throws in the fourth quarter against Arkansas that looked any different than what he's done all year? I think his "injury" is a result of him being benched, and after Appleby looked better than him against South Carolina, his ""injury" is season ending. It will be interesting to see what happens, though, if Appleby has to come out of the game against LSU. I doubt you'll see McElwain trot Franks out. I think you'll see Del Rio make a "gutty," "courageous," entry. It'll be a "miracle."
By the way, and I know this will really raise the ire of some of you, I think Anzalone is highly, highly overrated. His injury means nothing, in my mind, because he was a marginal player anyway. Davis is a stud, no doubt about it, but Anzalone, if you watch the tape, is slow, misses a lot of tackles, and can't cover anyone.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Florida will win, or lose, depending on if they can win the line of scrimmage. It doesn't matter if you're "fired up" if the other team is better in the trenches. Florida can play it's best game, and still lose badly to LSU. I thought UF, in the words of McElwain, "played their tails off" against FSU last year, but FSU was just superior.
I think LSU's offensive and defensive lines are better than Florida's, and it doesn't matter what defense is called or plays called on offense if you are beaten on the line.
Injuries are a factor, but everyone is injured this time of year. I doubt Del Rio is injured. Did he make any throws in the fourth quarter against Arkansas that looked any different than what he's done all year? I think his "injury" is a result of him being benched, and after Appleby looked better than him against South Carolina, his ""injury" is season ending. It will be interesting to see what happens, though, if Appleby has to come out of the game against LSU. I doubt you'll see McElwain trot Franks out. I think you'll see Del Rio make a "gutty," "courageous," entry. It'll be a "miracle."
By the way, and I know this will really raise the ire of some of you, I think Anzalone is highly, highly overrated. His injury means nothing, in my mind, because he was a marginal player anyway. Davis is a stud, no doubt about it, but Anzalone, if you watch the tape, is slow, misses a lot of tackles, and can't cover anyone.

Yep, your a troll.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
A glimmer of hope and maybe we can "win a game we shouldnt win" vs a dumpster fire medioce LSU with an interim head coach who doesnt speak English?

GTFO. If HC cant win these games he has no business being an HC. If we were satisfied with a 4-5 loss coach who couldnt beat anyone but the directional schools, we could have saved money and kept Chimp.

Goddam Foley!!!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think a Florida Gator must have stolen your sisters virginity. You sure spend A LOT of time thinking about the Gators....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator