A letter to the AD

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only way to get the Administrations attention is empty seats. Don't go to the games and Butters will be toast.

Unfortunately I don't think that's a reasonable request. A lot of people are going to go and cheer their asses off regardless.

Now - what you could do – is before the game starts, chant fire Nussmeier or fire Mac - or something to that effect.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also I wanted to add but the main reason people are going to continue to go to games is because they are gators to the core. Which means they are going to cheer on their team with everything they have.

Just like I'm taking my wife and kids to the game next week - for sure we are probably going to suck and I'm going to want to kick Mac square in his nuts – but there's more to attending the game than just winning. It's camaraderie, the stadium, the campus, the entire environment.

But if somebody wanted to start a "you suck Mac" chant, I would be quite pleased…

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also I wanted to add but the main reason people are going to continue to go to games is because they are gators to the core. Which means they are going to cheer on their team with everything they have.

Just like I'm taking my wife and kids to the game next week - for sure we are probably going to suck and I'm going to want to kick Mac square in his nuts – but there's more to attending the game than just winning. It's camaraderie, the stadium, the campus, the entire environment.

But if somebody wanted to start a "you suck Mac" chant, I would be quite pleased…
I'm going just to get one of the commemorative SOS cups.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be sending Mr. Stricklin an email tomorrow expressing my concerns about the program and his extending and giving raises to coaches who do not deserve them.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to apologize to all the ppl I called Mac haters on here or didn't give him enough time. I was the fool and you were right he is a swamp donkey

Says the guy with the Jaguars av.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I sent this email today:

Scott,

I truly hoped to never send you another email regarding the poor state of Gator Football and I am sorry to bother you…

I never thought Coach McElwein was the right person to replace Coach Muschamp after he was fired. I thought your predecessor needed a Grand Slam hire and we hired a batting practice bunt – my opinion. For example, Michigan went out and hired an Elite Head Coach and he in-turn hired an Elite Coaching staff…

I am baffled how you gave Coach McElwein and Coach Nussmeier contract extensions and raises this off season with their history of poor offensive performance leading the football team..

Their offensive resume:

2015 – 112/120 Total Offense

2016 – 116/128 Total Offense, Tied for 126/128 Red Zone Offense

2017 – 121/125 Total Offense, Tied with 8 other teams at 117/125 Red Zone Offense

Two SEC Championship games - the most recent game was the second worst loss in SEC Championship Game history.

FSU – No offensive TD’s in two games – I consider FSU our biggest rival

Last 7 games – 3 games with no Offensive TD’s

Defense – 2015 & 2016 – NFL Defensive players and those players are gone in 2017

Ranked Opponents – 3 – 9 record…although Iowa was ranked for the Outback Bowl game win but, unranked after the loss so… should it be 2 – 9?

Coach McElwein actually stated in his initial press conference that he could win with is dog, Clarabelle, at QB. We are now in year three and we still don’t have an SEC caliber QB. Although, I have to give Feleipe Franks an incomplete vs, Michigan as once again our OL play was atrocious. We have had one of the worst, if not the worst, OL for the past four seasons. Coach McElwein stated for the third season in a row that the OL will be strength of the team. Wow, was he wrong again on that that statement. And, Coach McElwein stated in his press conference yesterday there will be no changes in play calling duties. I am baffled how Coach Nussmeier was not removed after last season’s FSU loss as well as the Total Offense/Red Zone Stats…

I received this link via text message yesterday: https://firedougnussmeier.org/

The Florida faithful expect much, much better on offense.

I sincerely hope you have Chip Kelly’s agent’s phone number.

Regards,

My Real Name

20 + Gator Booster

UF Lifetime Alumni Member

His reply: My Real Name, Wanted you to know that I read your email.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ergator920103, and everyone else sending the AD letters and receiving a canned response...

I'm sure that he's so inundated with "fan" mail that he doesn't have time to respond to everyone. Please give it some time, something will inevitably be done ( I hope ).

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
Unfortunately I don't think that's a reasonable request. A lot of people are going to go and cheer their asses off regardless.

Now - what you could do – is before the game starts, chant fire Nussmeier or fire Mac - or something to that effect.

I understand that people won't actually do it but ask anyone up here in Knoxville, when Neyland was empty, Dooley was gone.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ergator920103, and everyone else sending the AD letters and receiving a canned response...

I'm sure that he's so inundated with "fan" mail that he doesn't have time to respond to everyone. Please give it some time, something will inevitably be done ( I hope ).
I emailed him after last season's FSU debacle and he responded in a few hours. I did not expect him to respond at all to this email. as I am very sure he is being inundated with love notes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I understand that people won't actually do it but ask anyone up here in Knoxville, when Neyland was empty, Dooley was gone.

Universities are greatly aware of appearance. Cameras can hide empty seats. But they can't drown out boos and signs.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The belief that Nuss is the problem is a fantasy.

Correct. The biggest difference between guys like Meyer and McElwain is that Meyer fully recognized that he couldn't just keep trying to win 14-10 games as he did in years 1 and 2 when his personell all but dictated that.

This staff, starting at the top, is totally convinced that they can. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Will be thrilled to see this entire group leave Gville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.