Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A&M preparing to make a run at James Franklin

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Too bad we'd never try anything like this. You know, nobody wants to coach the Gators. I'd be surprised if Nord would even take the job if offered.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Franklin is a great coach. Period. He's not urban meyer but he is a winner and would breathe life into the gators. If he goes to AM, that would be bad

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He can pick his poison, Urbs and booger- eater every year, or Satan and his sec spawn. He is a good coach, but he is a better fit at pedo st with his rape cover up history

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good for them, I bet Penn State will match or beat any offer. Now if he has some other reason to work there he might go, otherwise he probably will stay in the Big Ten.

And Franklin has some baggage as some of his players have been proven to be rapists.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Texas A&M must be loading up the Brinks truck to make him an offer he can't refuse because I'm pretty sure he's a Pennsylvania guy and this would seem a lateral move. Penn State has a pretty storied history so I'm not really sure what they can give him that he doesn't already have.

The real question is would you take Kevin Sumlin? He's an upgrade, that's obvious, but would he be someone you would legitimately consider? Offense has really never been his issue and he's done some good things with some young QBs. You'd have to at least put him in consideration, no?

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This is what a ballsy AD does. Remember, we could've had Franklin the day after the Ga Southern game in 2013. But our idiot AD screwed all that up.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think he's from Pennsylvania, gonna have to take a heck of a offer. Thought I heard before that he may have NFL aspirations.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Texas A&M must be loading up the Brinks truck to make him an offer he can't refuse because I'm pretty sure he's a Pennsylvania guy and this would seem a lateral move. Penn State has a pretty storied history so I'm not really sure what they can give him that he doesn't already have.

The real question is would you take Kevin Sumlin? He's an upgrade, that's obvious, but would he be someone you would legitimately consider? Offense has really never been his issue and he's done some good things with some young QBs. You'd have to at least put him in consideration, no?

I don't know. He's had a lot of infighting regarding his team at A&M.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A&M would have two enormous checks to write, including $10 million in buyout to Sumlin. I think Franklin's happy in State College. My guess is no.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Florida is not going to hire a head football coach who has any hint of scandal. Not going to happen. The only time it ever happened was with Charley Pell. Just not going to happen.

McEwain will be here this year and next unless he decides to cut ties and get another job or spend more time with his family. Doesn't matter if you or I agree with that. It's just fact. Gone are the days of pulling the Zooker off the bus in Starkville. We have an administration and athletic department that is perfectly happy with challenging for SEC Eastern division championships.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I don't know. He's had a lot of infighting regarding his team at A&M.

The more I look at it the more I say pass. Outside of finding a flash in a pan in Manziel whom he didn't even recruit, he in an 8-5 type coach. Now that is in the SEC West which is a bit more difficult but constantly finishing 4th in our division isn't something we strive for. If people demand a guy with experience coaching at a major school that shows success on the offensive side of the ball then he would be on the board but I'm happy to go after an up and comer. One of these times we are going to get it right and we'll be set for decades. That's the hope at least, chest pains permitting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

OC? Sure.

HC? :lmao2::lmao2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Sumlin doesn't interest me that much but Franklin is interesting. Dude won at Vandy. But if he's a Pennsylvania guy then I'd think he's gonna be happy staying there as long as he's winning.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With our track record lately we’d end up with a guy named Franklin James.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you sell, you've got to immediately buy. I hope we time the sell right.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sumlin doesn't interest me that much but Franklin is interesting. Dude won at Vandy. But if he's a Pennsylvania guy then I'd think he's gonna be happy staying there as long as he's winning.

And getting paid at least as much as TAM can pay him, maybe more considering PA might tax him more than Texas. And if he stops winning nobody will want him.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Florida has no state income tax, but Mr. Starkville Mediocrity can't see that.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator